• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

oh people do that here too but reddit is much worse

lel dblast ravage 420, undispellable cold snap, 522 ghost walk blaze it, no push EMP lel, ice wall bkb linger mEMe sAVAGE, combo meteor sunstrike 1 shot NO counter play kappaface no space

every spell, stat, and aspect of a fotm hero is thrown into it's own little vacuum

you can literally make any hero in the game sound op by just listing particular spells/stats and only upsides it's fkn awful

I have yet to see a single person in here complain about Ghost Walk specifically. I've seen generalized Invoker complaints, but none about Ghost Walk.

inkls

After what happened to Storm, I'm not too keen on Invoker nerfs. I mean, at first I was like "I'm sure we can have a sensible discussion on the matter", but it was basically people ignoring 99% of input and jerking off between themselves about how OP the hero was.

I just think having any kind of balance discussion is beyond pointless, people don't want to debate, they want people to agree with them so they can get the hero nerfed instead of trying to learn how to fight the hero because learning is dumb.

Then go make another thread on reddit about how ranked matchmaking is broken because they don't understand how they can't rank up while making the same mistakes over and over.

I mean, sure some shit is broken, but its not like the game has no counter in it. Invoker is broken/low effort/easy to master at 55% but Omniknight players are somehow tactical mastermind who got the hero to 60% by sheer skill.

"omg I can't believe Storm jumped me halfway thoughout the map after I fed him, hero is so easy to play" -Omniknight

Oh yeah, then scream bloody murder when freaking windranger shackle becomes disjointable. Thats not a nerf, thats a slap on the wrist.

TUSR

Banned
igUv5cZ.png

csgo >

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like invoker because I see him too much and I never know if this is one of those good invokers or FOTM invokers.

Usually the latter but I'm disproportionately scared of the former.

DrPizza

Banned
Pudge is more annoying than Invoker right now. Maybe less decisive in the game's outcome, but aghs and aether lens are just pure misery.

Demoli

I try, but constant exposure to anime talk gets me down.

I'm really surprised that the strong Invoked right now isn't resulting in more Nyx picks.

Nyx still gets gibbed by his euls combo, if his team buys sentries you're SOL until you get a blink.

Aether lens mana burn is strong tho.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would anyone want to trade the Storm Spirit set for the Venge set? The ones from the winter chest.

I'll trade. I don't really want the Storm but I'm happy with my venge.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
satch is TOO MUCH in my xcom 2 playthru

i thot for sure she was dead.....she was in no cover facing down an advanced mech with full hp, two sectoids, a fully upgraded advent leader, and a gatekeeper

she managed to take out two mechs using her capacitor discharge in one turn (icon) but there were just too many enemies for me to take care of them all in one turn and i didn't realise that discharge uses both action points

so there she was in the middle of nowhere, i assumed....i was bracing for her to dead

but theN the alien turn starts with one of the sectoids using its trash ability to panick her

satch responds by running into cover (!), turning around, and clockING the full hp advanced mech with an execution shot that instantly kills it.......the power. the influence.

queen.
oexTA6a.gif
sad.gif
cry.gif

DrPizza

Banned
Nyx still gets gibbed by his euls combo, if his team buys sentries you're SOL until you get a blink.

Aether lens mana burn is strong tho.

It's not a perfect counter by any means, but the mana burn can really punish Invoker and OD, and carapace has a lot of utility against his AOE.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Spellweaver is crack in digital form, thx Anbokr my life is ruined ahahahahahah

Yeah man it's so addicting, some of us have over 15 hours in like 3 days lol. fun card game

I like the purple deck, but black was my first starter (you get a new starter every 5 levels).

i thot for sure she was dead.....she was in no cover facing down an advanced mech with full hp, two sectoids, a fully upgraded advent leader, and a gatekeeper

she managed to take out two mechs using her capacitor discharge in one turn (icon) but there were just too many enemies for me to take care of them all in one turn and i didn't realise that discharge uses both action points

so there she was in the middle of nowhere, i assumed....i was bracing for her to dead

but theN the alien turn starts with one of the sectoids using its trash ability to panick her

satch responds by running into cover (!), turning around, and clockING the full hp advanced mech with an execution shot that instantly kills it.......the power. the influence.

queen.
oexTA6a.gif
sad.gif
cry.gif

the real question is why are you trying to get satch killed

TUSR

Banned

queen.
oexTA6a.gif
sad.gif
cry.gif

have i done anything yet

Nere

Have to say the quests that force you to play as a specific hero are really annoying. Why can't they just be any hero? Like that do 5000 or something building damage with razor, not only they force me to pick razor but they also force me to build agha on him and item which it's usefullness on him is debatable.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
After what happened to Storm, I'm not too keen on Invoker nerfs. I mean, at first I was like "I'm sure we can have a sensible discussion on the matter", but it was basically people ignoring 99% of input and jerking off between themselves about how OP the hero was.

I just think having any kind of balance discussion is beyond pointless, people don't want to debate, they want people to agree with them so they can get the hero nerfed instead of trying to learn how to fight the hero because learning is dumb.

Then go make another thread on reddit about how ranked matchmaking is broken because they don't understand how they can't rank up while making the same mistakes over and over.

I mean, sure some shit is broken, but its not like the game has no counter in it. Invoker is broken/low effort/easy to master at 55% but Omniknight players are somehow tactical mastermind who got the hero to 60% by sheer skill.

"omg I can't believe Storm jumped me halfway thoughout the map after I fed him, hero is so easy to play" -Omniknight

Oh yeah, then scream bloody murder when freaking windranger shackle becomes disjointable. Thats not a nerf, thats a slap on the wrist.

okay but storm was broken so......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom