• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I figured that was why.

going to manilla for single elim rofl

I feel it's important how it went down. If Secret demanded or strongly hinted the format change - I don't agree with that even though it's better for spectators. You can't manipulate tournaments because you are scared of losing on the first day. That's the definition of a tournament. Bring it every fucking game to entertain us.

This sets a very bad precedent, especially with how EG and Alliance are fucking weasels with how they deal with tournament admins and twist rules. What if now it's like 1st round vs Open qualifier or we don't play. Or first round bye or we don't play. EG already transformed the scene into a $250k prize pool + direct invite or they don't play unless it's Summit or Captain's Draft.

There is no mid-tier LANs left and all these tournaments are stuck with million dollar budgets in American dollars. IMHO unsustainable. Where is all this money coming from?

G.ZZZ

Best waifu

248148-advance_wars_dor_lin.jpg

And best husbando.

66-15-75.png

You all fucking sucks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man, someone needs to make a Spellweaver GAF OT, this game is too good. Highly recommend to people who enjoy card games; it's a very different game compared to Hearthstone (I've been told it's a lot closer to magic). Far more enjoyable (and just a better game :) for me tho, my HS hype always burns out 1-2 days after a new xpac.

shira

Man, someone needs to make a Spellweaver GAF OT, this game is too good. Highly recommend to people who enjoy card games; it's a very different game compared to Hearthstone (I've been told it's a lot closer to magic). Far more enjoyable (and just a better game :) for me tho, my HS hype always burns out 1-2 days after a new xpac.

free to play, well the price is right

What are the hooks and how do you get the superspecial BlackLotus/Golden Roshan-esque cards

Honestly that isn't how we do things, we are not in the business of strong-arming our fellow organisers.

That's fine then.

Free
Card game

Sold

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
0f3e55edad268efd4646b94bf1f1001b.jpg

Look at this Jigen looking motherfucker.

Suave as fuck.

highfive.gif

100k free gold here for that SpellWeaver game as well: http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/spellweaver-free-gold
Out of interest did you try the F2P version of MTG and if so was it anygood. I didn't bother installing it after I read there wasn't a 2HG mode.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Out of interest did you try the F2P version of MTG and if so was it anygood. I didn't bother installing it after I read there wasn't a 2HG mode.

It's shit man. They limit cards per deck based on rarity, so you can't have 4 rare cards in a deck, only 1. Literally gamebreaking.

ed: I get WHY they did that, so the game isn't pay to win like IRL Magic is, but come on, if you're going to make a digital version of Magic just do it and stop pandering to casuls.

It's fine honestly, draft mode is like that too and that's the funniest way to play magic
And uncos are in general the most powerful cards

Main problem for computer magic games is it's a fucking slog because the game is designed for real lifee, all the phases and shit make it horrible on a computer

going off as puck is sf enjoyable... xhe just doesn't do any damage

honestly phase shift needs to minibash, then the hero would be perfect

also: lime green pantsuit with a plunging neckline costume, thanks

t0rment

nice to see the thread is alive well with twobear and inkls. i'm completely fucked from partying all carnival, but in a few day i'll be back feeding.

It's shit man. They limit cards per deck based on rarity, so you can't have 4 rare cards in a deck, only 1. Literally gamebreaking.

I haven't played it since launch, so they might have changed it, but it was based on last years Duels of the Planeswalkers rarity rules: common up to 4 copies, uncommon 3, rare 2 and mythic rare 1. Does make certain deck archetypes impossible though.

I was pretty happy that they tried going free to play, but at launch they were terribly stingy with new cards, and the power level of the base cards was way too low for my liking, and progress through the single player campaign felt like you were praying that your AI opponent had bad draws and you had a great draw. It was not very fun trying to beat your AI opponents flying angles with fucking black cats.

I'll try out Spellweaver, description seems interesting enough.

Anbokr did you try out Scrolls, the card game by Mojang? I really liked it, and was sad they killed it off :/

going off as puck is sf enjoyable... xhe just doesn't do any damage

honestly phase shift needs to minibash, then the hero would be perfect

also: lime green pantsuit with a plunging neckline costume, thanks

pudge : puck go offlane i mid
me : lol no

seriously in what world is a pudge mid better than a puck with a drow on the team lol
I fucking did nothing mid but at least their kunkka got hardly anything, I just don't like playing mid

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
all they really need to do is combine the frontend of duels (and make it a bit more snappy) with the backend of mtgo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
dota reddit is so fucking cancerous

despite how frustrating invoker can be, these threads complaining about literally every single one of his abilities are just ridiculous. ghost walk? really? fuck reddit. every goddam time a hero is popular the reddit mob starts dissecting literally every piece of the hero, every ability is op, every stat is op--it's just so fkn mindless let's remove bash from troll warlord tier boys

dota reddit is so fucking cancerous

despite how frustrating invoker can be, these threads complaining about literally every single one of his abilities are just ridiculous. ghost walk? really? fuck reddit. every goddam time a hero is popular the reddit mob starts dissecting literally every piece of the hero, every ability is op, every stat is op--it's just so fkn mindless let's remove bash from troll warlord tier boys

yea no one in here does that

no one at all

TUSR

Banned
Why is Ghost Walk currently acceptable? I am so tired of not being able to kill Invoker when he is out of position because he is always running at near 522 ms even while slowed.

I see people complaining about Ravage"ning" Blast all the time. But I don't see many people complaining about Ghost Walk, even after it got buffed after Aghs so it is able to have Wex 8 and Quas 8 effects on the spell.
If you hex / voodoo / scythe of vise an Invoker, he can still run at 450ms while slowing everyone by up to 55% of their ms. I have seen people miss skillshots after slowing Invoker just because he runs at an abnormal speed by default with his 3 Wex Orbs or 3 Wex + Ghost Walk.
If you use Rod of Atos from long range, he will still be running at 420+ ms. Atos is useless against him when he can run at a higher ms than most heroes even after a powerful slow like Atos.
Dust is by far useless, he will still be running at 522ms.
Even if you somehow manage to get close to him, he will slow you by 55% through his Slowing Aura and that Aura lingers for 2 seconds after he is out of your range. Meaning it's almost impossible to follow / track him.
So your only remaining options is picking heroes with instant stunning disables and that can get close to him fast enough that he isn't able to react. ( Things like Beastmaster / Batrider / Abyssal + Blink / Faceless Void. Also "Doom" )
Because of how Deafening Blast works at Level 21*, even if your team somehow manage to position themselves well and split up, all he needs to do it cast a Deafening Blast to ruin your positioning, disarm everyone and disable everyone for a long time due to QW disables of Deafening Blast being upgraded up to Orb Level 8. It's a free ticket to run away from a bad situation.
By making those the only options available to "counter" ( pft hahahah ) you are limiting the hero pool available to Invoker's enemies, otherwise they will surely lose to a good Invoker because of how Invoker influences the team battles by himself.
Even if you somehow have heroes that are good at picking off Invoker. He doesn't really have to expose himself since he has a huge array of spells and a huge range to deal with every situation possible, he might even make Linkens, that together with Octarine Core will make it have a sub 10 second cooldown.
There is no other hero like that in the game and it's making me sick how popular he is on pubs. It's unfair to all other heroes and limits the playable options of the enemy team.
Why is he able to have 522+ ms permanently, 500ms+ out of Ghost Walk, 55% AoE Slow while in Ghost Walk with 2 seconds lingering debuff and 450+ms while slowed by a powerful disable like Hex?
Edited: Ravage Blast is unlocked at Level 21 not 22, 6+6+6 & +3

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yea no one in here does that

no one at all

oh people do that here too but reddit is much worse

lel dblast ravage 420, undispellable cold snap, 522 ghost walk blaze it, no push EMP lel, ice wall bkb linger mEMe sAVAGE, combo meteor sunstrike 1 shot NO counter play kappaface no space

every spell, stat, and aspect of a fotm hero is thrown into it's own little vacuum

you can literally make any hero in the game sound op by just listing particular spells/stats and only upsides it's fkn awful

Quesa

It's impossible to deal with.

A ~585 damage AOE nuke on a 15 second cooldown that gives everyone a free Yasha's worth of movespeed, making it impossible to escape once the team starts chasing. Not to mention it basically instakills summons and illusions

Add to that a 300 health heal that ALSO buffs attack speed on a lower cooldown than Warlock's heal

AND a free attack proc every .8 seconds that gives her all her health back and makes it piss-easy for them to jungle even without Iron Talon

And Don't get me started on the 6-second, bkb-piercing disable they have every 50 seconds that grants them free, permanent damage. You buy blink and AC and you can basically out-DPS any carry in the game

Nerf Legion Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom