• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

96kqwdK.png

RIP

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Will you go annoy overwatchgaf instead?

Nope, you guys are stuck with me. I've gone thru extended periods of time where I gave less than zero fucks about Dota and DotaGAF remained my personal dumpster.

Quick question (amazing how you can't find this stuff once you're actually looking for it)- what are the pull times for the hard camp closest to the lane for both dire and radiant (as offlane and as safelane)? I'm practicing them using the spawn boxes custom game and seem to have trouble getting the pull down.

I don't think anyone in this thread actually plays enough dota to answer that question.

Edit: plus Dota isn't really discussed in this thread. I would take this to the Madden thread and it might be answered.

I don't think anyone in this thread actually plays enough dota to answer that question.

Edit: plus Dota isn't really discussed in this thread. I would take this to the Madden thread and it might be answered.

-.-

The answer is it depends on what hero you're using and often the creeps themselves--but usually it's between 1:53 and 1:55 depending on these things. assuming you want to stack. To pull to the lane it's usually 1:10 to 1:15 depending on the timestamp and once again your hero.

For me pulling the hard camp is a matter of watching the creep wave relative to the tower on the minimap (should start a couple seconds before the creeps reach it)

the really tricky ones are the double pulls, I always get those wrong since it seems like your wave will kill different small camps at different rates.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jungle creeps move at approximately the same speed as lane creeps so, visually, you pull when the point where the creeps meet is equidistant between the approaching wave and the camp you're pulling.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
The return to the DEFENSE OF THE ANCIENTS

lavNrcq.png

My internet is a bit shoddy for now but soon the tryharding will commence.

Dreavus

So, uh, when exactly does the Path of the blossom disappear? (date reads Feb 5th - Feb 15th). I played quite a bit of Dota today and got all the way to the last node for searing chains, but Ember never popped up in our RD games.

Atlantis

So, uh, when exactly does the Path of the blossom disappear? (date reads Feb 5th - Feb 15th). I played quite a bit of Dota today and got all the way to the last node for searing chains, but Ember never popped up in our RD games.

Not sure, I spent too much time fucking around with the tower damage node and probably won't have time to complete the entire path. Shame.

It was pretty short.

Dreavus

Not sure, I spent too much time fucking around with the tower damage node and probably won't have time to complete the entire path. Shame.

It was pretty short.

Very short, yeah. I played a lot more than usual today.

If it does indeed go for the bulk of the day tomorrow you might still have time. For the Debuffs node I think the definition is pretty broad, I used Abbadon's passive and chased a lot of people for that one. Bounty rune node is pretty easy if it's a winning game (necessary) and you pay attention to mid-late rune spawns since the runes become less important by then. And the healing node I got easily on both Dazzle and Omni just by playing the hero, although I lost games a few on the way to finishing it.

Still that's at probably at least 4-5 victories which isn't exactly easy to come by and is a lot of Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There is a guide, or guides, out there telling people to max Glimpse last on Disraptor. You could make an argument for situations where it's acceptable to max thunder strike over it, but fucking kinetic field?! Who even does that? Why is that a thing?

There is a guide, or guides, out there telling people to max Glimpse last on Disraptor. You could make an argument for situations where it's acceptable to max thunder strike over it, but fucking kinetic field?! Who even does that? Why is that a thing?

"lmao who cares it does no damage or doesn't block heroes"
ppl are fucking stupid
(ppl means milk)

There are also guides that recommend getting aghs first on pugna. Most community made guides are fucking trash, stick with basic recommended items and build according to the game

Sibylus

Banned
Counting to four is a difficult task.

LiQuid!

For about a week or so my Insert key has been opening my console even tho I can't find any setting in my autoexec or the in game options menu that has the console button set to Insert. Even if I disable the hotkey for console in-game, Insert still opens it. This conflicts with my push to talk button in discord and I have to manually disable the console in the in-game options every time I start Dota now and I don't know what else to do.

Hylian7

Counting to four is a difficult task.

People just need to think of it like a super Pudge hook at level 4 that you can't possibly miss.

Also that quest that's "Kill 3 heroes in either jungle" is the wonkiest thing. I got a Double Kill on the high ground to the northwest of Dire's T1, and that didn't count. Then later in the same match, I got a kill to the left of Dire's T2, on the other side of the trees, but not up in the camp, and that counted!

the way the girls fume at glimpse... why is drewsruptor's pick rate so low lol

I assume aether increases range as well?

it needs to do like 50 dmg at all levels like junkiro ice thing and it will be perfect

Atlantis

Very short, yeah. I played a lot more than usual today.

If it does indeed go for the bulk of the day tomorrow you might still have time. For the Debuffs node I think the definition is pretty broad, I used Abbadon's passive and chased a lot of people for that one. Bounty rune node is pretty easy if it's a winning game (necessary) and you pay attention to mid-late rune spawns since the runes become less important by then. And the healing node I got easily on both Dazzle and Omni just by playing the hero, although I lost games a few on the way to finishing it.

Still that's at probably at least 4-5 victories which isn't exactly easy to come by and is a lot of Dota.

Finished the debuff quest in one game as Venomancer, lol.

Depending on how late the quests are still active I might try my hand at them. Even if I don't finish the chain, the points and parcels are nice.

it needs to do like 50 dmg at all levels like junkiro ice thing and it will be perfect

disabling blink would be a big plus yeah
and of course lens increases the range

Quick question (amazing how you can't find this stuff once you're actually looking for it)- what are the pull times for the hard camp closest to the lane for both dire and radiant (as offlane and as safelane)? I'm practicing them using the spawn boxes custom game and seem to have trouble getting the pull down.

Dire : 54-55 north pull or 54-55 east by cutting a tree (towards the tower)
Radiant: 52-53 south or south west straight towards the lane

Acinixys

ppl are fucking stupid
(ppl means milk)

There are also guides that recommend getting aghs first on pugna. Most community made guides are fucking trash, stick with basic recommended items and build according to the game

The top Mirana guide says to max arrow 1st

1 - 4 - 1 - 1

lol

Garbage

Yeah I never understand this, starstorm is fucking OP but better max an unreliable stun that actually doesn't scale that well (only damage is increased)

kionedrik

what about minibash?

I've been saying this for months: Raptor is a game winning pick and a fundamentally broken, in a good way, support.

Atlantis

Yeah I never understand this, starstorm is fucking OP but better max an unreliable stun that actually doesn't scale that well (only damage is increased)

Even the pros did this for awhile. I guess it's good for point blank arrows, but from a distance the extra damage just seems like overkill since the target is probably dead anyway.

Leap on the other hand, scales incredibly. The leap distance and movement speed/attack speed buff increase while the cooldown and mana cost decrease.

Hylian7

The top Mirana guide says to max arrow 1st

1 - 4 - 1 - 1

lol

Garbage
ROFL

So we might as well be back to Battle Fury Bounty Hunter then. I do wish they would update the recommended item builds with the obvious ones when there is a patch. By obvious, I mean Dragon Lance Enchantress, Aether Lens Pudge, etc.

I thought of this the other day, but I want to know if someone ever tried Refresher on Lone Druid, thinking it would get them two bears. This sounds exactly like something you would see on Pub Scrubs, DotaWTF, and the like, but I haven't seen it.

Valve builds don't have skill recommendations, only items
This kind of shit mirana build is your typical "100% win purge mirana guide ! 100% arrow hit with this build !" kind of shit

Also aether lens is not an "obvious core" item on pudge

Refresher on LD doesn't give you two bears, just like having a bear and using summon bear doesn't give you two bears
It's cool if you want to have 4 necros though, fun times.
LD's aghs should be changed though, it's garbage as of now

spk

ppl are fucking stupid
(ppl means milk)

What are your thoughts on building Pugna

Sustain (like greaves, octarine), mobility (blink or force), push (necro, aether lens, etc)

Aghs is like semi decent but building it first is absolute nonsense, you won't do shit with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom