• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Sustain (like greaves, octarine), mobility (blink or force), push (necro, aether lens, etc)

Aghs is like semi decent but building it first is absolute nonsense, you won't do shit with it

I would rather get Refresher on Pugna than Aghs honestly

If you go lategame and have Shivas, Sheep and Refresher you can dominate fights

Also 2x Nether Ward is fucking HILARIOUS, especially vs INT heavy teams
laugh.gif

I would rather get Refresher on Pugna than Aghs honestly

If you go lategame and have Shivas, Sheep and Refresher you can dominate fights

Also 2x Nether Ward is fucking HILARIOUS, especially vs INT heavy teams
laugh.gif

Now with octarine and the recent CD reduction on ward you can have 2 wards all the time, just for a short window of time (3.75 seconds of double ward), but imo much better than refresher (get refresher later for triple ward fun times)

wtf now google recognizes dota heroes and gives you their summary if you search them directly :
Pugna
Dota 2 hero
Role: Nuker, Pusher
Abilities: Nether blast, Life drain, Decrepify, Nether ward
Intelligence: 26 + 4.00
Agility: 16 + 1.00
Strength: 17 + 1.20
Movespeed: 320
Armor: 1.24

GorillaJu

Top 5 "Nerf these heroes Icefrog you idiot" heroes. Go.

OD/Ench/Earth Spirit/DP/maybe Invo but Ghost Walk is fine shut the fuck up Reddit

Not many other heroes need nerfs I feel.

Fucking hell I forgot about LD

Invoker, Earth Spirit, Invoker, Invoker and Invoker.

There are definitely simple ways to deal with OD and Ench eeven though theyre eannoying as fuck.

Thanks for reminding me to pre-load that.

Also, did I read correctly that the game will feature some level of cross-play between PS4 and PC players?

Yeah there's total PS4/PC cross play
I preordered just for the chun li thighs costume but I know I'll never play her

I hope my internet will be able to play online correctly, ADSL is a fucking nightmare for online games

Yeah there's total PS4/PC cross play
I preordered just for the chun li thighs costume but I know I'll never play her

I hope my internet will be able to play online correctly, ADSL is a fucking nightmare for online games
Hopefully your nets won't disappoint you.

I hope it's not too late (for you or for anyone considering), but you can still pre-order at GMG for $45.

Then why highlight it totally out of context ?

Huh. Sort of weird you didn't read to get the context you seek. It's certainly there and I wasn't confused and neither was Bear. Then again, I didn't jump ahead to read the large-font quote before reading the paragraph above the quote, which adds all requisite context.

The answer to your question is because it's an interesting quote that promotes reading the piece. It's why any article that pulls out snippets like that does it. I'm sure that's obvious, but you asked the question.

It's pretty much bait
"Ooh look at me i'm so controversial" "actually i was talking about something else but hey i made you read"
Couldn't have been too hard to add "in story mode, " in the quote

Demoli

I can deal with Invoker... PL is plain bullshit... i still don't know of a reliable counter against him.

PL is so weak this patch, he doesn't farm fast at all and needs a lot of items to start fighting effectively.

Ember straight up counters him with massive cleave. PA doesn't give 2 shits about him because of that 50% evasion, and if she goes BF she can cleave them apart. Sven's E make him and his team very tank to his illusions and cleave makes short work of him. Earthshaker is the classic teamfight support against him. Push heroes get into his base before he gets most of his items medusa gets rid of his illusions with ult and can splitshot them pretty fast, mana burn hurts tho. Invoker and his mass AOe makes short work of him. Lina with Euls can drop him due to the cast time nerf on his dopple.

Plenty more. PL is no problem as of now unless he has a massive lead, and if so then any carry would have been a problem.

If all else fails, just spam PL yourself and see what bugs you the most, then do that to other PL pickers.

Yup, it's true. The best you can hope for is playing several tiers of Survival Mode, but it's not the same.

Full disclosure: I haven't played a SF game seriously since SF4 vanilla came out. I've been playing Marvel, Skullgirls and MK almost exclusively for my fighter fix. I was really relying on a competent offline SP with at least the basics to re-familiarize myself. This is going to make my transition back into SF really slow and awkward and I don't plan on making a lot of time available to do so.

I'm really very disappointed.

So if I write "unlocking characters in this game is so easy" and just highlight "this game is too easy" that's fine ?

Well..yes.

The expectation is that you will read the piece and those snippets are designed to encourage your doing so. They're not a cliff notes section. They're to entice you to read more, not read the big font quotes and leave the page thinking you just got everything relevant out of the copy.

Quesa

Full disclosure: I haven't played a SF game seriously since SF4 vanilla came out. I've been playing Marvel, Skullgirls and MK almost exclusively for my fighter fix. I was really relying on a competent offline SP with at least the basics to re-familiarize myself. This is going to make my transition back into SF really slow and awkward and I don't plan on making a lot of time available to do so.

I'm really very disappointed.

The March update will add this option, I believe.

Well..yes.

The expectation is that you will read the piece and those snippets are designed to encourage your doing so. They're not a cliff notes section. They're to entice you to read more, not read the big font quotes and leave the page thinking you just got everything relevant out of the copy.
The other outcome is the reader thinks "well that's fucking stupid" and doesn't bother reading. I always look at the whole article before reading it to see how it's structured, etc
Quotes shouldn't need more context to make sense, that's not how quoting works

The other outcome is the reader thinks "well that's fucking stupid" and doesn't bother reading. I always look at the whole article before reading it to see how it's structured, etc
Quotes shouldn't need more context to make sense, that's not how quoting works

Oh I don't disagree necessarily. I'm just telling you why things are presented in this manner. This is how every tech review, gaming review and a lot of entertainment industry articles have looked for the last 5 years or so, no? Whether its the best way to do it is immaterial. In the future the only recommendation I can make is to read the paragraph that the quote is from.

The March update will add this option, I believe.

Okay. Better sooner than later.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So if I write "unlocking characters in this game is so easy" and just highlight "this game is too easy" that's fine ?

no it's more like if you have a paragraph that explicitly states that you're talking about a singleplayer mode and the last sentences is 'You can win every fight by mashing buttons.', then 'You can win every fight in the single player mode by mashing buttons.' isn't a quote

maybe instead of making excuses for yourself you should like, read the article or something idk

Carlius

Banned
is it just me? or every joindota game has massive lag, i cant watch shit in this navi game, its so annoying. twitchtv just sucks ass too. and i cant watch it anywhere else.

Carlius

Banned
Every time I hear "twitch.tv sucks" I assume the person is in some 3rd world country with garbage internet.

300mb internet..yes, third world country argentina, but i should sitll be able to watch with 300mb download and 30 upload. twitch.tv may not suck as a whole, but joindota sucks ass cause all their streams are shitty

Every time I hear "twitch.tv sucks" I assume the person is in some 3rd world country with garbage internet.

I'm having a really strange issue with Twitch on my iPad since one of their recent updates. their ads will occasionally not progress and I have tap the screen 40 times to get it to end. It stops every second. It's new and incredibly obnoxious.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

When I lived in Alaska which is totally a 3rd would country I had better connection than I do now in Texas.

I completed the carry path last night in perhaps the best way possible.

We started off pretty strong but our dumbass brood thought it'd be a good idea to try and solo kill people when the other team is rolling as five. Eventually my team starts throwing, especially with a rosh attempt while everyone is up. As the other team tries to take mid rax, I respawn, tp in, and just start wreaking havoc. I start off by killing the witch doctor by just eating his ult and right clicking, then I went to the ember who thought he'd sneak off with a remnant, then the skywrath mage whos been causing trouble for my team the whole game, then the earthshaker who tried to run off but thankfully my dragon form was up, and lastly the puck who's been allchatting talking shit the whole game. RAMPAGE. I return to fountain to heal up and then we all stomp down mid to take the game.

Trust me guys, it was glorious

Sorry for disrupting tourney talk but I just really needed to share this with people who know what the fuck Im talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom