• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
So I've discovered something that puts me on tilt immediately.

Dude instapicks Ember Spirit, then announces "I'm not going to carry, someone else carry, I'm just doing this for my quest".

What the fuck?

What the fuck do you think your fucking hero is for? And what better way to fuck your team than to announce "yeah I'm just planning to be useless deadweight this game"?

thinking.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Dude instapicks Ember Spirit, then announces "I'm not going to carry, someone else carry, I'm just doing this for my quest".

What the fuck?

What the fuck do you think your fucking hero is for? And what better way to fuck your team than to announce "yeah I'm just planning to be useless deadweight this game"?

thinking.gif

Fortunately today was the last day of this "first time Ember" nonsense.

I had forgotten what winning felt like.

What the fuck?

thinking.gif
These quests aren't gonna stop me. I will contiune to be a ember spammer with a 43% winrate

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait, why? Do I need to play my last lich game for the quest RIGHT NOW?

The New Bloom quests went from Feb 5-15. The rest of the battle pass is fine. The holiday path hasn't been removed from the client yet, though, so I assume it'll go away at 00:00 PST.

DrPizza

Banned

Thank god.

It didn't help that my daily hero was Dark Seer, who is not a hero I ever manage to have much impact with. We weren't having big Roshan fights or anything like that, so no cliffings or anything like that, and I feel that without some element to force them to fight in or near the wall it's too hard to really get anything useful done with it.

Hylian7

Good bye and good riddance to those shenanigans. I saw a jungle Ember today, I kid you not. You can guess how that one turned out.

In the game I just played, I was Lone Druid and farming on a lane and the Ember walks up and tries to take the CS from me and then pings me does the "Need X gold for Battle Fury", and he barely has Persevarance. This is like 20 minutes in. Fortunately we won. I ratted and took an entire rax while they were trying to (and failing) to take our T3 mid.

Hylian7

So we have had the "Who needs a nerf?" discussion, but who needs a buff?

My votes are Legion Commander (trash Aghs, and still largely trash hero), Winter Wyvern (I miss her already, make passives work on allied units under curse), and maybe Drow and Kunkka. I'm not sure if thoae last 2 are fine as they are or not.

There aren't really and straight up garbage heroes right now other than LC, are there?

My votes are Legion Commander (trash Aghs, and still largely trash hero), Winter Wyvern (I miss her already, make passives work on allied units under curse), and maybe Drow and Kunkka. I'm not sure if thoae last 2 are fine as they are or not.

There aren't really and straight up garbage heroes right now other than LC, are there?
sven kunkka omni huskar ET naix mirana riki sniper luna troll BS PA dusa storm tinker necro warlock SD

Drow doesn't need a buff. Although precision aura not affecting melee heroes is pure fucking BS

Please, please don't let anybody buff LC. I see her in way too many games already because people really do not want to play a support.

elyetis

sven kunkka omni huskar ET naix mirana riki sniper luna troll BS PA dusa storm tinker necro warlock SD
Aren't some of those hero already destroying pub winrate by a fair margin ?

I don't want to imagine going back to a tinker meta, I would probably drop the game until it got nerfed again.

Pub winrate and pro winrate aren't correlated. See necrophos and omniknight
Ideally all heroes should be viable in pro but that's far from being the case

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is only tangentially related but I've never quite understood why Valve trying to make all weapons viable in CSGO is a bad thing.

cuz ppl like the m4/ak and sometimes valve gets the dumbass idea to nerf these two in pursuit of said goal

also some other guns have a very high skill floor so say buffing run n gun smg to where it's used a lot in pros is like buffing a 62% win pub dota hero it's just laughably stupid

also most guns are already useful and have a purpose, just cuz a particular gun isn't a viable buy EVERY round doesn't mean it's never appropriate - see the vast majority of smgs, pistols, and the scout which are all extremely useful on ecos and force rounds. Most guns are already pretty balanced relative to their price (the aforementioned guns) or extra utility (auto sniper, aug, sg)

I think the only guns that'll never be viable by design are the LMGs. I think they're doing a pretty good job otherwise (maybe buffing the AUG/SG might help a little bit cause I don't see them getting much use because of that extra pricetag)

I am mostly referring to comp play when I say that.

tootsi666

This is only tangentially related but I've never quite understood why Valve trying to make all weapons viable in CSGO is a bad thing.
Having situational weapons being too viable in full buy rounds greats paper-rock-scissors gameplay and some guns are just by design so situational (hard counter weapons like Bizon) that trying to make them viable in high level play would completely break them in certain situations.

Also, AK, AWP and M4 have been there since the beginning and CS didn't get balance updates for a long time. Everything else (economy, maps) is built around those guns.

kionedrik

None of the heroes you listed need buffs. LC is perfectly fine. WW is not THE support anymore which is how it should be. Kunkka is already broken and why doesn't anyone see this is beyond me. Drow? Really? There's a huge difference between situational and in dire need of buffs.

The only heroes I feel need buffs are Tide, Enigma, SD and Troll.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I just remembered why I stopped pre-ordering games

This shit

Was planning on picking up my pre-order during lunch today but I'll be cancelling instead.

Only the second game I've ever pre-ordered, first one being FFXIII. Sorry for being a bad luck charm guys.

I only ever pre-order Nintendo games anymore because of the risk of them being sold out, also the fact that they're usually not broken at launch. Hell, I straight up refuse to buy EA games unless it's several years after release and they're on sale.

SFV comes pretty close to the most broken game I've played that isn't in beta though, though that doesn't mean much in my case. Never give in to the hype kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom