• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only ever pre-order Nintendo games anymore because of the risk of them being sold out, also the fact that they're usually not broken at launch. Hell, I straight up refuse to buy EA games unless it's several years after release and they're on sale.

SFV comes pretty close to the most broken game I've played that isn't in beta though, though that doesn't mean much in my case. Never give in to the hype kids.
What do you mean by broken ? It's lacking features that will be added soon© but it doesn't feel broken ?

Who here played diablo 3?

lotsa people
recently for PC at least DV and me, don't know about console plebs

As in I literally can't play vs people in my friend list, most I could go was 1 round before it DC'd, and that was after like 15 minutes of the game DC'ing me or telling me the lobby doesn't exist when I try to join or invite someone.

I dunno, maybe it was bad luck and I'm salty but it sure felt like a broken mess. Single player works even if it barely even exists right now.

I think there's server issues currently, game itself is fine
I wouldn't know though I only played 10 minutes this morning during breakfast to see if it runs well

kionedrik

Single player works even if it barely even exists right now.

I never really liked fighting games but always had a soft spot for SF, ever since SF II on the Mega Drive. Last night I watched someone play the "single player" of this game and was super disappointed... 3 fights per character? Story is told in still watter-colored images?

It's really sad to see how low the franchise, and the company that makes it, have fallen. Here's hopping they manage to fix things and bring the content that's clearly missing.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
They rushed it b/c quals for evo start next month. Think I'm gonna swap my pre-order for Guilty Gear instead.

I never really liked fighting games but always had a soft spot for SF, ever since SF II on the Mega Drive. Last night I watched someone play the "single player" of this game and was super disappointed... 3 fights per character? Story is told in still watter-colored images?

It's really sad to see how low the franchise, and the company that makes it, have fallen. Here's hopping they manage to fix things and bring the content that's clearly missing.
They plan to have fully fleshed out the game by june or so, I knew they were rushing it. I just didn't expect them to have rushed it this much. What Whiskey said, this feels like an EVO build more than anything.
so we've forgotten about error 37

Anything goes at a beta

t0rment

>2016
>pre-ordering games

laugh.gif

kionedrik

They plan to have fully fleshed out the game by june or so, I knew they were rushing it. I just didn't expect them to have rushed it this much. What Whiskey said, this feels like an EVO build more than anything.

That's quite good to read actually. Although, whatever the case may be, a <product> shouldn't be released unless it's finished.

>2016
>pre-ordering games

laugh.gif

Got XCOM 2. No regrets!

even though my toaster can barely run it...

so theoretically if I wanted to upgrade my 2012 pc and get a SSD and haven't yet used my free W8.1 > W10 upgrade, how easy would it be to put the W10 on the SSD in a new rig?

also maybe I should look into cheap water cooling solutions.

I miss hazaro :(

also, silencer needs hella buffs yall are crazy he still has one totally useless skill

weaver too, he needs a str gain buff.

Dreavus

Stayed up too late last night making a glorious comeback. Down two sets of rax, then we get a Divine from the enemy WK on our Morphling. And of course it was a completely unnecessary Rapier to begin with, just the other guy trying to style on us I guess. Clearly came back to bite him in the ass.

i am trying to get the 90 second disable quest still
but I keep winning too quickly
kunk-rum.gif

Use Shadow Shaman. Downgrade stomp to a firm but audible footstep.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so theoretically if I wanted to upgrade my 2012 pc and get a SSD and haven't yet used my free W8.1 > W10 upgrade, how easy would it be to put the W10 on the SSD in a new rig?

i think you would have to reinstall windows 8 first, although you might be able to just put a valid windows 8 key into the windows 10 installer.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is Alliance Vs. Vega in the CD tournament happening in an hour and change? Liquipedia says it is but I don't see it listed on dota2lounge, which is sadly still the place where I normally get my info on upcoming pro game streams.

Red UFO

Is Alliance Vs. Vega in the CD tournament happening in an hour and change? Liquipedia says it is but I don't see it listed on dota2lounge, which is sadly still the place where I normally get my info on upcoming pro game streams.
Yes, in an hour on the hour.

52club

Yeah preorders without a deep discount is risky. Getting network errors while playing single player games is just crazy ( diablo and sim city). For multiplayer based games it isn't the tech that fucks you it is the ecnomics behind the tech.

Stayed up too late last night making a glorious comeback. Down two sets of rax, then we get a Divine from the enemy WK on our Morphling. And of course it was a completely unnecessary Rapier to begin with, just the other guy trying to style on us I guess. Clearly came back to bite him in the ass.

Use Shadow Shaman. Downgrade stomp to a firm but audible footstep.

I way too shit on shaman tho. Like 38% win rate over 36 matches levels of shit.

I think the main issue i am having is that I forget about the quest till the end, if I focus on using disables even when not needed then I will get it (hexing a target with 4 hp left and about to die anyway)

-
Being on the same team as that WK would have made me absolutely furious

Pratfall

purging and disarming and his ult still have plenty of lategame utility imo

sure, but weaving that stuff into a fight in which most carries are bkb'd is pretty hard. just saying, his winrate probably has a lot to do with how effective he is in teamfights around 40 minutes without being an oracle expert.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oracle scales pretty well because Root/Purge, Disarm/Immunity and Anti-Death remain useful at all stages of the game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Been spamming Dark Seer and Oracle pickers put me on tilt.

Also, work blocked gaf but not reddit and I've got no more data on the phone for two more days. I will endure.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
sure, but weaving that stuff into a fight in which most carries are bkb'd is pretty hard. just saying, his winrate probably has a lot to do with how effective he is in teamfights around 40 minutes without being an oracle expert.

true, it's definitely harder compared with early game, but there are always purge targets in a fight (your own team too, don't forget) and the ult always has utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom