• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, there's an issue.

Still think the highest quality community-esque thread on gaf is the Upscalers/RGB thread and it's gaming-side still somehow.

The GiantBomb thread was in gaming for ages before it finally got moved, I don't know what makes a thread "community worthy".

And yes Twitch is fucked. Edit: fixed now

The GiantBomb thread was in gaming for ages before it finally got moved, I don't know what makes a thread "community worthy".

And yes Twitch is fucked. Edit: fixed now
Honestly I don't really mind threads going community-side, since generally it means less shitters from main gaming side coming in just to ask questions that've been answered hundreds if not thousands of times, or similar obnoxious stuff.

KingKong

rdota2 thinks Secret is kicking someone if they don't top3 Shanghai

#pressureson
cBj1LTf.png

why even play if you dont get paid?? http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soaufn

Russ T

Banned
Honestly I don't really mind threads going community-side, since generally it means less shitters from main gaming side coming in just to ask questions that've been answered hundreds if not thousands of times, or similar obnoxious stuff.

what's your favorite anime?

it's actually sad that a players' union is almost meme status at this point. Really doesn't need to be dota-specific, either. CSGO, at least, should definitely be under the same umbrella. League probably needs it almost as bad but I doubt riot would let it happen easily.
that's not too bad

COULD BE BETTER THO
You're wrong.

TUSR

Banned
it's actually sad that a players' union is almost meme status at this point. Really doesn't need to be dota-specific, either. CSGO, at least, should definitely be under the same umbrella. League probably needs it almost as bad but I doubt riot would let it happen easily.

You're wrong.
I thought League had something already?

shira

Man that's confusing.

Dota 2 players union.

Just do what Valve does and pay the players directly.

Actually I'd kind of like to see the read-out bot messages on their stream with real time paypal payments
ESL has paid $45,666:
"Hai RTZ, you rich now bitch can I get a shoutout for my boy hotbid
RDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRRRR"

Chris R

Just do what Valve does and pay the players directly.

Actually I'd kind of like to see the read-out bot messages on their stream with real time paypal payments
ESL has paid $45,666:
"Hai RTZ, you rich now bitch can I get a shoutout for my boy hotbid
RDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRRRR"

not enough @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@s

Nope. Snoopeh was apparently working on it.

oh yeah I recall this. Isn't snoopeh a riot employee now, though? That may have curtailed it.
**Y'know, actually maybe he isn't. I've seen him around the LCS but maybe it's because he's tied to the teams, rather than riot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle.../im_stephen_snoopeh_ellis_and_i_want_to_talk/
i've never been wrong before but i suppose i have to start sometime?? seems unlikely that time is now tho
The time is now.

shira

Group Stage: September 29-October 2 + October 6-9 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, CA
Quarterfinals: October 13-16 at The Chicago Theatre in Chicago, IL
Semifinals: October 21-22 at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY
Finals: October 29 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA

Worlds is in the US this year
highfive.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
We're an army now? And I just watched my first pro game today, thx icefraud

shira

Tusr posts on /d2g/ from his own post...

ohOTBFF.png

bakka

I still don't understand the whole fly across the country every other day bit but whatever, it seems to be working for them.

You don't understand why they are visiting the largest cities in the US every weekend?
Rito's prizepool is like $3 Million dollars. If they are making anywhere near TI5 type money then they are swimming in cash.
edit: $2 million

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure if it's changed but I remember reading that LCS was a money loser for them.

The reason for its continued existence and the city-hopping are simple in that context: it's advertisement. You want as many people to participate in the scene as possible to foster enthusiasm and player growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom