• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for its continued existence and the city-hopping are simple in that context: it's advertisement. You want as many people to participate in the scene as possible to foster enthusiasm and player growth.

I think it's a simpler than that even, they are trying to model it after other professional sports. The Super Bowl is played at alternating stadiums, as is the World Series.

I'm not sure if it's changed but I remember reading that LCS was a money loser for them.

The reason for its continued existence and the city-hopping are simple in that context: it's advertisement. You want as many people to participate in the scene as possible to foster enthusiasm and player growth.

I might be totally off base, but that seems hard to believe given the viewership numbers they get for Worlds. Maybe just the regular season itself loses money?

Dunno.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well even if the Worlds makes money it's just one part of the whole year-long series they have going on.

Well even if the Worlds makes money it's just one part of the whole year-long series they have going on.

I know they sell World skins and merch so I figured they would profit like that.

yeah, this is where I'm at. Unless they're spending way more on LCS than I realize (and, now thinking about it, pay for players may be the big thing here), there just seem to be so many revenue sources for worlds. Not just advertising but tickets and in-game items and such.

But, as I said, I don't actually have numbers to back it up. Riot does weird shit all the time so who knows. It's fully within the realm of possibility that LCS is really inefficiently run, and that's why they don't profit.

Vade

DuGoyS5.jpg

the fuck was kanye thinking releasing that shit only on tidal

what the fuck

guess illl be a nerd and just blast some vidya soundtrack from itunes
naga-song2.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the foobar

the bands

everything about this is giving me flashbacks to 2003

[edit] i mean not personally ofc even then i was listening to better music than....that. but still.

What's Icefrog's nerfing process again? I know he normally does specific things and expanding weaknesses/removing vision on skills that give it are two of them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's Icefrog's nerfing process again? I know he normally does specific things and expanding weaknesses/removing vision on skills that give it are two of them.

Armor
Starting HP/STR
STR Growth
Cooldown on Vacuum

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

he plays dota imba for a while and then just cops balance changes wholesale from that

Hylian7

So I wonder when we're actually going to hear the other side of these Team Secret/Cyborgmatt shenanigans?

Also I do find it kind of weird that the chat log was threats to "take it to social media" rather then, well, I dunno, maybe a court of law or something. Granted I guess things may get fishy there going across countries.

Acinixys

NEW BLOOM QUESTS ONLY AVAILABLE TILL THE 15th GUYS AND GIRLS

Valve are honestly terrible at sticking to deadlines. Its the 17th already. Pretty dumb having limited time content if its not actually limited

BHK3

Banned
So I wonder when we're actually going to hear the other side of these Team Secret/Cyborgmatt shenanigans?

Also I do find it kind of weird that the chat log was threats to "take it to social media" rather then, well, I dunno, maybe a court of law or something. Granted I guess things may get fishy there going across countries.

the money it would cost for lawyers would eat away whatever they would win. Even if you involve damages how much are they actually gonna get from sueing some random dota player in Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom