• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder when we're actually going to hear the other side of these Team Secret/Cyborgmatt shenanigans?

Also I do find it kind of weird that the chat log was threats to "take it to social media" rather then, well, I dunno, maybe a court of law or something. Granted I guess things may get fishy there going across countries.

reddit is the supreme court of the internets

latest

So this is the secret he was talking about this whole time !

holy shit, i won as kunkka
Murphy's law in full effect.
I feel that to win with him you just have to go with some sort of initiation (blink or SB/SE) then go for the most damage you can. Shit like double crit + rapier or something like that, throw in some sustain like heart or bkb in there. Don't see any other way to win, you just want to one shot supports and 2-3 shot carries before you lose. Spells are good for a support (but kunkka sucks as support, unless you're stomping and get an aghs) but are too unreliable as a carry, just don't bother unless you have good setup.

What a fucking mess this secret situation is lmao, hadn't read evany's stuff before

Just read up un the Secret situation. It does seem a little peculiar that they would threat to go public with the matter as opposed to resorting to legal measures. Some claim that the lawyer costs would eat up most of the money they are owed so there might be some truth to that. Also, we have only gotten to hear one side of the story and I have gotten very cautious of passing a sentence before all sides have spoken.

If the story unfolded as the Reddit thread claims, Matt should have seen this coming from miles away so I wonder if a public outcry makes him change his mind. It should hardly come as a surprise to him.

Just read up un the Secret situation. It does seem a little peculiar that they would threat to go public with the matter as opposed to resorting to legal measures. Some claim that the lawyer costs would eat up most of the money they are owed so there might be some truth to that. Also, we have only gotten to hear one side of the story and I have gotten very cautious of passing a sentence before all sides have spoken.

If the story unfolded as the Reddit thread claims, Matt should have seen this coming from miles away so I wonder if a public outcry makes him change his mind. It should hardly come as a surprise to him.

Yea, there was nothing good done by Matt or the Secret Organization to get this worked out despite them having a years time to resolve the issue. You can't just string people along about tens of thousands of dollars you owe them. The issue as I see it is Organizations at their core can't really seem to be trusted to distribute funds. If I recall Secret was formed around the idea of giving players more control over the team.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I mean Matt deserves some compensation for jumping on the sinking ship that is the Secret Bandwagon. I hope he's sunning on a beach somewhere sipping a mai tai with 2 big boobie ladies fanning him with palm fronds.

Yea, there was nothing good done by Matt or the Secret Organization to get this worked out despite them having a years time to resolve the issue.

Yes, possibly. Still, it makes sense to listen to the accused as well (if he chooses to speak which he has no obligation to). An unsourced description of a chain of events that may or may not be accurate is too little for me to pull out my pitchfork just yet.

Obviously, the more wronged parties speak out the more likely the story is to have panned out as described or close to that. Matt does come across as shady to me as well.

I feel that to win with him you just have to go with some sort of initiation (blink or SB/SE) then go for the most damage you can. Shit like double crit + rapier or something like that, throw in some sustain like heart or bkb in there. Don't see any other way to win, you just want to one shot supports and 2-3 shot carries before you lose. Spells are good for a support (but kunkka sucks as support, unless you're stomping and get an aghs) but are too unreliable as a carry, just don't bother unless you have good setup.

What a fucking mess this secret situation is lmao, hadn't read evany's stuff before

kunkka is a really fun hero though

i just rush bottle and bots to have infinite sustain roaming afterwards blink/crits/aghs depending of the game

but bottle and bots are stable to me

i did go lens+dagon once, fun but pretty unreliable and a waste of tidebringer

I was safe laning him so I didnt go bottle till the mid game and abused the X-tp-refill trick.

I really wasnt sure about what items to get, like, attacker goes for drums armlet blink but I didnt know if it was the safe route for me. I ended up going phase drums SB blink, in hindsight i should have skipped the sb and went blink.

X->blink-> tide bringer was really fun

kionedrik

Will we ever listen the other side of the story? It seems that the only side that has done anything in this whole mess is the one that spoke out now, while the other remained quiet and hopped things would eventually get sorted out.
I'm not passing judgement on anyone here, I just find it really doubtful we will ever hear anything from the other side tbh.

We don't really know what type of contract the players signed, and I'm assuming there was one - why wouldn't there be?, so seeking legal action might not be possible at all.

Will we ever listen the other side of the story? It seems that the only side that has done anything in this whole mess is the one that spoke out now, while the other remained quiet and hopped things would eventually get sorted out.
I'm not passing judgement on anyone here, I just find it really doubtful we will ever hear anything from the other side tbh.

We don't really know what type of contract the players signed, and I'm assuming there was one - why wouldn't there be?, so seeking legal action might not be possible at all.

Please note that I am not defending him in particular. I don't care about him. Reddit has a tendency to bandwagon the party to speak up first and then hop on the the bandwagon of the opposing party once they speak out and possibly offer some sort of reasonable explanation for their actions. It's as if these ladies and gentlemen get repeatedly overwhelmed by the fact that there are two side to every coin.

The criticism may well be justified but perhaps wait on passing judgement before we see if Matt chooses to speak out and in case he does, if he offers a good explanation.

Red UFO

Had my first session with my new therapist today and she pretty much tore my entire personality down to my very core in like, 20 minutes. Good lord.

Wok

I would not be surprised if Matt had to go through some health problems the past years. Maybe a depression. His silence could be due to him wanting to avoid be vocal on his problems. These are the kinds of problems that can go on longer than expected.

lGkWOBy.png

Even his website is experiencing delays. Plus his Twitter is not very active.

I would not be surprised if Matt had to go through some health problems the past years. Maybe a depression. His silence could be due to him wanting to avoid be vocal on his problems. These are the kinds of problems that can go on longer than expected.

Yes. I will not speculate on his health but I easily came up with numerous things that could cloud one's judgement. Jumping to conclusions is the wrong choice more often than not. Everybody should bear that in mind. I have quit visiting the Dota 2 subreddit because I could not take the amount of stupidity and memes without feeling the urge to crash my skull into the monitor. It was infuriating. The thirst for drama is at absolutely laughable levels.

If he was having issues he could have quit, instead he let this mess happen somehow
Thing has been going on for more than a year, that's fucking insane, and I 100% understand the people who are pissed of not getting their due money

The benefit of the doubt we give to people we like.

Can we make a promise to one another, when something happens where someone accuses another, be it in Dota/esports/politics or in real life, we all take a moment to say "hang on, I've not heard the full story, I'll wait before jumping to conclusions"

can you promise that to me please?

yarden24

Can we make a promise to one another, when something happens where someone accuses another, be it in Dota/esports/politics or in real life, we all take a moment to say "hang on, I've not heard the full story, I'll wait before jumping to conclusions"

yes, i can promise to do that.

If he was having issues he could have quit

Maybe so but we can't judge just yet, can we? I am just advising you to not jump to conclusions and I am a little unsettled by the fact that you fight my attempt to convince you to apply common sense to the situation. Wait, then rant. It's honestly not that hard unless you crave the drama. Else I don't see what separates you from the random r/dota visitor who lusts for it. If this story turns out entirely true and Matt offers no reasonable explanation, it would absolutely infuriating.

As I expressed earlier, as a community veteran how did Matt not see this coming if this story is 100% accurate? How would ruining his reputation for good be worth the money he owes to these people? If he was a greedy fuck, I doubt this is the financially most feasible action to take, is it? Just consider all these things. Either, he is deluded, an utter conman or perhaps circumstances have led to him having really bad judgement. Or maybe the story has not been recited faithfully.

gai_shain

Maybe so but we can't judge just yet, can we? I am just advising you to not jump to conclusions and I am a little unsettled by the fact that you fight my attempt to convince you to apply common sense to the situation. Wait, then rant. It's honestly not that hard unless you crave the drama. Else I don't see what separates you from the random r/dota visitor who lusts for it. If this story turns out entirely true and Matt offers no reasonable explanation, it would absolutely infuriating.

As I expressed earlier, as a community veteran how did Matt not see this coming if this story is 100% accurate? How would ruining his reputation for good be worth the money he owes to these people? If he was a greedy fuck, I doubt this is the financially most feasible action to take, is it? Just consider all these things. Either, he is deluded, an utter conman or perhaps circumstances have led to him having really bad judgement. Or maybe the story has not been recited faithfully.
He might be a community veteran but what does he know about managing a team, receiving/sending pricemoney etc? If he is in over his head he had enough time let people know and get help managing everything. Now people are waiting for their money that they need, notail is not able to buy an apartment because of this since he doesnt get a loan for example.

shira

He didn't pay Misery?

It's fun to pitchfork

reddit is the supreme court of the internets

Oh the irony of neogaf posters claiming that reddit has too much influence.

Never gets old.

At any rate, even if this stuff is like half true..the amount of time it takes for tourneys to get payment to players is nuts. I'd be screaming from the rafters if it took me this long to get paid on anything.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
NEW BLOOM QUESTS ONLY AVAILABLE TILL THE 15th GUYS AND GIRLS

Valve are honestly terrible at sticking to deadlines. Its the 17th already. Pretty dumb having limited time content if its not actually limited

Nono, New Bloom Quests Available from February 5th though 15th. IT DOESN'T SAY ONLY IN GAME!

FIRE EMBLEM PREPARING TO SHIP

Why does Danganronpa come to steam the day before FE Fates comes out? What a cruel world we live in.

inkls

You know what, I think Legion Commander is going to be meta within the next 1-2 patches. She's been power creeping for a few patches and her laning has become much stronger. I mean, in a 1v1 scenario she's pretty strong. 63 base damage, a lifesteal passive, a healing ability thats also a dispel, and 320 base movement speed.

She's the 3rd most picked hero this patch and she has a 50.31% winrate overall in pubs. Offlane LC is stronger imo this patch because of the offlane camp being added and jungle lc isn't as bad imo with iron talon.

Either that or she'll become another omniknight, but I doubt it with the amount of things the hero can contribute.

Dreavus

I need to try that hero again. Had a game the other day where the Kunkka on the other team was just styling on us. Basically the combo was run up and "X" someone, walk back a bit and ult that spot, then time torrent to hit after the ult, then walk up and whack the person. It was working really well for them as a gank.

For some reason I don't see that too often. It's usually X --> torrent then whatever, but this guy was consistently comboing both. Game was a bit of a stomp so we never got bkbs up in time, which I guess would have helped deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom