• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twookie

I lost so hard at DOTA last night that I think I might be done. I don't want to play any more.
cry.gif

yeah, same....

had a jungle legion that went aghs first

lost 18mins in(she didn't get her aghs)

also it seriously feels like noone wants to play support ever, so people just hurry to lock in cores...

man this game is such a bitch sometimes

I need to try that hero again. Had a game the other day where the Kunkka on the other team was just styling on us. Basically the combo was run up and "X" someone, walk back a bit and ult that spot, then time torrent to hit after the ult, then walk up and whack the person. It was working really well for them as a gank.

For some reason I don't see that too often. It's usually X --> torrent then whatever, but this guy was consistently comboing both. Game was a bit of a stomp so we never got bkbs up in time, which I guess would have helped deal with it.
Ghost ship is probably the worst spell casting in the whole game, shit is so obtuse

Chris R

I lost so hard at DOTA last night that I think I might be done. I don't want to play any more.
cry.gif

Force .500 is realish. If you don't play another game how will Valve give you back your win?

I had a 3x streak of LLLW but I've followed that up with a win streak of WWW (next game will be a L).

Chris R

grown man who does 16 year olds homework so he can play dota when he's not shitposting has a serious opinion

also how are all these players just being like "huh now that you mention it, I haven't actually gotten any money over the last year"

TI/DAC money paying the bills for most of them I'd guess.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just need Matt to post here and tell us all that everything is going to be ok. We're your friends, Matt. You can talk to us. Just don't talk too candidly cause I'm sure that shit's getting xposted to le leddit the second you say anything.

i wish valve made unranked allpick the same as ranked allpick with picking order

it's so much better

They did that for a week in 2014 I think. Reception was pretty bad and I didn't like it either. Just took too much time to get going and made unranked AP lose a lot of its casual appeal. There are enough ways to avoid getting Spectre'd and Invoker'd every game really. Life's too short as it is to endure a long picking phase.

Twookie

Did you guys hear the news about Dota 2 being a league of legends clone?

It was an interesting spin on the story to say the least

They did that for a week in 2014 I think. Reception was pretty bad and I didn't like it either. Just took too much time to get going and made unranked AP lose a lot of its casual appeal. There are enough ways to avoid getting Spectre'd and Invoker'd every game really. Life's too short as it is to endure a long picking phase.

i don't really care about spectre and invoker tbh, i care more about how people just disregard others picks and excuse themselves with that they locked it in without looking at what we have
it's like i'm forced to be a support since there seems to be very few people that wants to play it

it really feels like if I don't pick support there's a 50% chance there won't be any :/

preach

it already takes too damn long for queue > connect > pick

just let me random and start playing ffs the people who whine about the draft are always the worst ones on the team

Hylian7

Did you guys hear the news about Dota 2 being a league of legends clone?

That fucking thread...
I will not stand for people bad mouthing Pokemon Stadium

god tier
It was a disappointment to me and most people back in the day since it was just the GB battles in 3D. Granted, this was still cool, but most of us expected some kind of real-time thing, as unrealistic as it sounds. Pokken is pretty much exactly what I wanted back then.

inkls

misc-fEEd.png

---

everyone going the cty ursa build now

Everytime I see people say that they always say a variation of:

Icefrog literally iterated on Dota Allstars before joining Valve to steal Dota, which noone owned, from the community just so they could profit off of it. Items, names, and even the title was carried over. They just removed context from anything related to WC3 and the original title "Defense of the Ancients" while visually being just different enough to quality as a parody.

like,

1) icefrog did it for profit, but guinso did it because?

2) icefrog still supported dota wc3, so how did he run away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom