• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Envy Kicked
LCnCRPK.gif

F3SOid3.png

Shinypogs

I had to stop playing pillars of eternity temporarily because I need to open my one of the new chest. This better be worth it valve, my time is precious.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
3k is such a weird bracket. The skill discrepancy is incredibly high if people aren't on their preferred role or heroes. Things like lanecutting axes and jungle legions still happen and they can roll the entire team when people aren't expecting it. Then you get people who don't understand the game on any notable level but grinded out thousands of games through sheer force of will while others follow the current meta and trends to the T. Adaptability is such a huge skill to have while playing but I always get hung up on playing "proper dota."

Anyways, the climb to 4k by year's end has started, sitting on 3013 atm.

bbd23

guys I spent 40 canadian dollars on dragons dogma because people said the combat was good but I just did the intro thingy and it was a god damn mess

GAF keeps failing me man.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
guys I spent 40 canadian dollars on dragons dogma because people said the combat was good but I just did the intro thingy and it was a god damn mess

Well you have fought a single chimera so you are clearly an expert. I shall mourn the loss of your $40 with you friend. Let us all gather in a moment of silence.

fr0st

Banned

Gets better man...base game is hit and miss but BBI is great.

What vocation are you playing?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
He isn't playing a vocation at all. He just payed the intro, so he used the base 3 sword + shield abilities fighter gets. But abort game! It's shit!

Hylian7

I think a lot of people forgot about the n-word incident. I remember a few people ate bans from Bish for defending him.
To add to this I don't think I've ever heard that phrase in this country so I don't know what the hell Tobi's on about.

Did Tobi ever apologize for that? Some of the Dota personalities are a disgrace to the game and I am shocked people are this forgiving.
He did. The post is difficult to find but apparently it was a small apology followed by a lot of passing the blame onto Sing.

LiQuid!

I don't get how it's so hard for some people to just not spout racist nonsense. Even if you are an actual piece of shit bigot and not just spouting nonsense to try to get a rise out of people, is it really so hard to put a filter on that bullshit when you're presenting yourself as a public figurehead within a community? I agree there needs to be a zero tolerance policy for that kind of shit the same way there should be a zero tolerance policy for basically licking your own taint live on the internet like Zyori. Both of those guys should not be allowed to associate with the Dota scene in any way. Imagine if a higher up in a corporation or an elected politician did that type of thing? They'd be forcefully removed from their position. Embarrassing.

i don't really care about spectre and invoker tbh, i care more about how people just disregard others picks and excuse themselves with that they locked it in without looking at what we have
it's like i'm forced to be a support since there seems to be very few people that wants to play it

it really feels like if I don't pick support there's a 50% chance there won't be any :/

I played a mere handful of games in the past 30 days simply due to the fact that I'm getting to the point in life where one is consistently short on time. It's a bit of a shame but essentially, Dota has turned into too much of a time investment lately. A ranked-like AP mode in unranked would drag every game to a 50-60min time investment including queueing, picking, playing. That is way too much for me at this point. And ever since Valve tried that picking mode in unranked and removed it following the mixed reception, rather few people have been longing for it to come back (unlike solo queue for instance). It is really not that good an idea regardless of the frustration an undirected picking phase can occasionally cause.

Obviously, getting last second counter picked is annoying or people exclusively picking cores and junglers is stupid but there are multiple ways to deal with that. Having an arcade-y mode in the game is absolutely essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom