• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Playing the best hero in the game
spectre-what.gif

Hylian7

I swear that Crystal Maiden wheel thing is rigged. It was slow and about to stop on the LC Arcana, then goes slightly over to a shitty Sven set that I already have and is worth ~$1.50 on market.
misc-rng.gif

I swear that Crystal Maiden wheel thing is rigged. It was slow and about to stop on the LC Arcana, then goes slightly over to a shitty Sven set that I already have and is worth ~$1.50 on market.
misc-rng.gif

I would't be surprised if it is. It just looks like a wheel, there's no reason why Valve would actually program it so it actually has equal chances of landing on each spot. I'm not super familiar with the research on this but I'm guessing even artificial near misses have a positive effect on people wanting to keep trying.

Hylian7

I would't be surprised if it is. It just looks like a wheel, there's no reason why Valve would actually program it so it actually has equal chances of landing on each spot. I'm not super familiar with the research on this but I'm guessing even artificial near misses have a positive effect on people wanting to keep trying.
It probably is. I wonder if we could ever get any reliable stat on the percentage of players that spin and got the Arcana.

It's like shitty carnival games. I walked by one that was a basketball one, and you could clearly see from the side that the hoops were oval shaped. It wasn't impossible to make the shots, as I saw someone do it, but making it is pretty damn hard and almost entirely a matter of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom