• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Let me rephrase: What are the major things to watch out for (other than OD) if you were to run Naga mid?

I went against a Razor earlier today. Never again.

remember to sigh heavily into the mic when no one tps to your lane as you're geting ganked by enemy supports

Hylian7

In this meta, i dont think so
Safelane her and hope you have good supports
Thanks. I am probably wasting my time trying her mid. She is fun one you get the Radiance up though.
I know I won't. I really, truly want invoker to be a garbage hero.
Even before today's nerf, I was just tired of seeing him and still am. I didn't think he was too OP, but regardless this nerf was appreciated. He doesn't need to become garbage again, he is fine where he is now. When 6.87 rolls around he will probably get a nerf that removes him from the meta.

RIP Euls Sunstroke Meteor Deafening combo, won't work on everyone now. Also I guess that makes the level 25 Deafening Blast not like a mini Ravage anymore.

Kalnos

Banned
I just think it's funny that the Euls combo is a source of so much hate when that shit hasn't changed in years. It just got highlighted because he suddenly became so much better with incremental buffs to invoke, int gain, deafening blast, etc.

Oh well, now that his win rate is dropping we can move onto OD or whoever the next hero ends up being Kappa

let OD live ffs

he was out for fucking YEARS and is going to have a leshesque "correction" the minute reddit decides he's their target for the week

GorillaJu

For me it's not the Euls combo. It's that he has fucking ridiculous stat gain on top of his skills, he can play any role and he has no weaknesses except high mana usage.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OD is okay tbQh, he's not egregiously broken and none of his mechanics are as resolutely unfun to play against as, say, total invulnerability while dealing damage or a low cd combo that instantly kills any supports in the game.

I played against a terrible Invoker mid yesterday and I'm pretty sure I outlaned him to the point where he at least for a minute considered quitting Dota for good. Balanced hero.

I played against a terrible Invoker mid yesterday and I'm pretty sure I outlaned him to the point where he at least for a minute considered quitting Dota for good. Balanced hero.

I haven't lost to an Invoker in a while. It could just be because now bad people are picking him thinking it's an easy win, but I haven't had trouble dealing with an Invoker since around TI3.

jug went battlefury...at 45 minutes
while morphling only had eblade linkens treads...dagon 1 (he was free farmed and getting lots of kills..no idea how he was so under-farmed)

thankfully enemy team were dumber and kept getting caught by my glimpse/fiield + aghes necro.

inkls

let OD live ffs

he was out for fucking YEARS and is going to have a leshesque "correction" the minute reddit decides he's their target for the week

^ this
OD has not been picked since MLG Columbus, even then it was not a top tier pick iirc. let him spread his wings for awhile!

remember the mid meta at mlg Columbus?

OD is okay tbQh, he's not egregiously broken and none of his mechanics are as resolutely unfun to play against as, say, total invulnerability while dealing damage or a low cd combo that instantly kills any supports in the game.

Your penalty for wishing for storm nerfs must be more severe. Gut him, all of him. Burn him to the ground

thought i would share my predictions
42e0d20feb21c96688a54c95356f60e2.gif

1. Alliance is probably going to get pretty far into the tournament, which means more games, which means more heroes picked.
2. Loda, EGM and S4 have huge hero pools, it's only Akke and Bulldog that mostly play the same shit.

You're better off picking a team like Complexity there.

Everywhere I look I see Venge as the most picked prediction. That's what you get when Bat and Void are viable again...

She's incredibly versatile too, not likely to get banned in the first phase but likely to get picked up early as you can decide whether she's a core or support later. Pre-TI4 Mirana things.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2. Loda, EGM and S4 have huge hero pools, it's only Akke and Bulldog that mostly play the same shit.

Looking up Alliance player stats to see how many different heroes they have ever played over the course of their entire pro career.

"Huge Hero Pools"

Loda: 37
EGM: 49 (probably 1/3 of those are core by rough estimate from his time away from Alliance)
S4: 25

"Play the Same Shit"

Akke: 24
Bulldog: 36

Shave maybe 3-5 heroes off each of those totals to remove some edge cases, like Bulldog has a single Omni game, etc)

Pratfall

Looking up Alliance player stats to see how many different heroes they have ever played over the course of their entire pro career.

"Huge Hero Pools"

Loda: 37
EGM: 49 (probably 1/3 of those are core by rough estimate from his time away from Alliance)
S4: 25

"Play the Same Shit"

Akke: 24
Bulldog: 36

Shave maybe 3-5 heroes off each of those totals to remove some edge cases, like Bulldog has a single Omni game, etc)

their hero pool across their entire pro career is hardly relevant to the predictions for the the shanghai major. what are those same stats for 6.86?

What Prat said, you're looking at the wrong stats(and btw, a carry player playing 38 different heroes does qualify as a huge hero pool). Look at the amount of heroes Alliance picked at Starladder and compare it to the other teams counts, I'd check it but I have no idea where to find that info.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wish Dotabuff broke heroes down per player. I used datdota for my post and it was only current to mid-January. I dunno, I'm not very good at pulling stats like that, I just get kinda tired of seeing Bulldog always disregarded as a guy with a tiny hero pool when I know he has played a lot of different heroes over his career. I was actually kind of surprised to find S4's pool so small. Obviously it's going to ebb and flow a lot with what's strong and popular. The Bulldog stereotype is probably a little more true now because almost every one of his signature heroes is a meta monster currently.

edit: Also let's be clear here, I wasn't ever trying to influence anybody's predictions. That was for my own edification. As stated above, Alliance could potentially go far this tournament, which is reason enough to not consider them for fewest heroes played.

You took my post the wrong way, I'm one of the biggest Bulldog fanboys around, I definitely don't think he's a "two hero player", but while he can play lots of offlane heroes they generally give him his best heroes(because why the fuck wouldn't you) and that makes his hero pool look smaller than it is. Same deal to a lesser extent with Akke and Dazzle, Chen, etc. My post was only taking into account that prediction thing, which doesn't care whether you play a hero once or ten times, so yeah S4 might play DP only but he might also just pull out a random Nyx or DK, which makes Alliance a bad pick.

You want teams that like to pick comfort heroes and are slated to exit the tournament early on.

Dreavus

Oh man that nerf. I was just practicing the invoker combo too (I like the hero but I'm pretty bad with him). Does deafening still knockback at all now, or does it just let people cast stuff but not move (like a CM freeze, kind of)?

Now it seems you can just get a blade mail or a Euls of your own and he can't really combo you at all.

Wok

Oh man that nerf. I was just practicing the invoker combo too (I like the hero but I'm pretty bad with him). Does deafening still knockback at all now, or does it just let people cast stuff but not move (like a CM freeze, kind of)?

Now it seems you can just get a blade mail or a Euls of your own and he can't really combo you at all.

Maybe build blademail on Invoker too. :D

Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom