• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Health issues were due to eleVeN needing to have a tooth extracted. Currently playing with a numb mouth.
now that's random
dotacapitalist's douchey haircut....it does things to me. help please

ngu63VN.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sheever has hosted Dota panels many many times. She's fine. If she's nervous about anything it's probably the fact that Perfect World's production could fall apart at the seams at any moment.

Sheever has hosted Dota panels many many times. She's fine. If she's nervous about anything it's probably the fact that Perfect World's production could fall apart at the seams at any moment.

I haven't watched a ton of events outside of Valve's ones (Both Majors and Every TI, a handful of ESL events) so I'm not sure how often Sheever gets to run the show at major events--I've just never seen here in that role. Yea the production has been pretty shit so far.

Pretty sure that virtually all Ballon d'Ors in football went to strikers or midfielders at best. The guys scoring have always been in the spotlight.

While that's true, if you look at the winners it's understandable why--players like Messi and Ronaldinho carried their teams quite heavily. At least from what I've seen, in Soccer\Football the most technically skilled players tend to be forwards and attacking midfielders because they can exploit the opposing defense. How many clips are there of players like Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, or Messi just slicing through a defense to get a key goal?

While that's true, if you look at the winners it's understandable why--players like Messi and Ronaldinho carried their teams quite heavily. At least from what I've seen, in Soccer\Football the most technically skilled players tend to be forwards and attacking midfielders because they can exploit the opposing defense. How many clips are there of players like Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, or Messi just slicing through a defense to get a key goal?

It just rewards spectacular plays, not actual skills or teamplay. Which is bad, but whatever to boost these players' ego (not like they need it to start with)

It just rewards spectacular plays, not actual skills or teamplay. Which is bad, but whatever to boost these players' ego (not like they need it to start with)

That's what I was getting at. A lot of the players from recent years are just to most stylish and marketable--the ones who make impressive plays frequently. It's hard to really sell people on the effectiveness of defensive players when you can't just show a clip of them being flashy like you can with an offensive player.

kionedrik

Pretty sure that virtually all Ballon d'Ors in football went to strikers or midfielders at best. The guys scoring have always been in the spotlight.

Cannavarro was the only exception.

It's understandable because everyone remembers the guy with the big numbers (kills/farm/goals) not the guys that warded or created space, unless it's some hero with a big ultimate like enigma or tide.

DrPizza

Banned
DrPizza, I spectated your ursa game.

lmao like 5 mins to pick an aegis late game

zeus was baller

We wanted Invoker to have it; we even told him that we wanted him to have it before I went into the pit. We said "Invoker, you're level 25, you can get rid of your Midas". But would he? Would he bollocks.

And so of course in the decisive teamfight it was actually 4v5 because he was farming on the other side of the map, but we won anyway.

M.D

guyz i thought ehome was the best team in the worlds because they won that tournament in china where og played for the first time in 6.86 and still came in third

I prefer dolphin girls because this one time in a dream a terrorist forced me to fuck a dolphin's blowhole and it was fantastic
But it was a dream and I was forced by a terrorist you know

marrec

Banned
I prefer dolphin girls because this one time in a dream a terrorist forced me to fuck a dolphin's blowhole and it was fantastic
But it was a dream and I was forced by a terrorist you know

I'd watch this anime and enjoy it secretly but publicly call it trash like every other anime ever made.

Just finished watching all games.
Best thing was Envy dying to Ancients while clearing them
cBj1LTf.png

Some good games, we will see if MVP can keep the performance for the Main Event or if Group A just flat out sucks as a whole, because I don't see Secret coming far with todays perfomances.

Just finished this game where I was Phoenix and our team had pretty much won the game in the first 10 minutes. Enemies were apparently flaming each other from early on.

So it's 13-1 with a massive lead and then the Spectre dies bottom once to a gank and gets super mad at the Oracle support for not buying wards and sentries against BH (when he had just placed 2 sentries around mid, too, lmao). We all tell him to calm down but after Oracle then decided to contest some lasthits for getting insulted, the Spectre decides to feed as hard as he can. Trying so very hard to ruin the game but...to no avail. We were so far ahead that we just stomped on them for the remaining 15mins anyways.

But I genuinely can't believe how angry this guy got dying once to a gank in an already won game. Oracle was even single supporting and actually did his job just fine, yet that one death got him so mad.

---

Those Pokemon games can fuck right off. So much terrible game design and so very little progress when there are so damn many iterations.

The one good idea they had was adding the fucking exp share so that it's actually beneficial to assemble a proper Pokemon team instead of just destroying the story mode with 1-2 guys that vastly outlevel everyone else.

But they put the exp share in and then don't adapt the difficulty and certain design elements to go along with that. How little understanding of game design does one has to have to be this utterly incompetent?

Its going to be the same boring shit on the same boring engine theyve used for the last 20 Pokemon games

I stopped giving a shit after Ruby and Sapphire

My biggest issue is that a lot of the new creature designs are SUPER lazy and unoriginal

Not even trying.
heehheheh

People on the other thread defending gen 3 not being the worst when it has this shit and the worst overworld ever rofl

inkls

Remember generation 1 with original concepts such as Caterpie, metapod, Butterfree, beedrill (not a bee/wasp haha), pidgey, rattata, ekans, arbok, vulpix, zubat, meowth, psyduck, tentacool, ponyta, magnemite, seel, grimer, muk, shellder, krabby, exeggcute, rhyhorn, tangela, goldeen, staryu, magikarp, omanyte, aerodactyl.

Man, that was back when they knew how to make pokemons. Its sad nintendo lost their touch and started ripping off animals irl to make their designs after gen 1

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Lycan might be my new squeeze. Still working out the kinks to efficiently jungle him early.

Vade

RZJBlOY.jpg

Pokemon is just modern slavery. Mike Vick got prison when he was irl pokemon fighting ,but the whiteman gets to do it electronically all the time and he doesn't get jail time.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
heehheheh

People on the other thread defending gen 3 not being the worst when it has this shit and the worst overworld ever rofl

Gen 3 has the worst overworld and SOME shitty pokes but it's also got some GOAT pokes like Breloom, Flygon, Milotic. Every gen has had its share of shitty pokes. My biggest problem with the pokemon games has been their dipshit attempts at introducing 3D spaces into the game. If the new gen has a Castelia or Lumiose equivalent I straight up won't even play it.

52club

Tooth extraction is yanking the entire tooth. Depending on if it comes out cleanly can be quick, but requires a local painkiller. If the tooth doesn't come out in one piece it can be more painful, trust me. A root canal preserves the tooth.

All this said you could play Dota, but verbal communication would be hard. It kind of depends which tooth was pulled as well.

Lotto

Remember generation 1 with original concepts such as Caterpie, metapod, Butterfree, beedrill (not a bee/wasp haha), pidgey, rattata, ekans, arbok, vulpix, zubat, meowth, psyduck, tentacool, ponyta, magnemite, seel, grimer, muk, shellder, krabby, exeggcute, rhyhorn, tangela, goldeen, staryu, magikarp, omanyte, aerodactyl.

Man, that was back when they knew how to make pokemons. Its sad nintendo lost their touch and started ripping off animals irl to make their designs after gen 1

4Head.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom