• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about 2GD's anti-semitism ?
Kappa.png

From the reddit thread:

It might have to do with how he ignored the production team when they told him to cut to break, choosing to entertain the audience by continuing to talk with the panel. He even made a joke on camera about how they changed his battery thinking he couldn't hear them and that he had been ignoring them the entire time. Honestly, I think he should get an award for that rather than being kicked off. That being said, maybe they just don't like his "unprofessional" hosting style, even if it's damn funny.

GorillaJu

Not going to give any credence to speculation about what it might be over. But holy shit they really couldn't have done any worse with this major overall. By far the worst production I've seen so far watching large Dota 2 tournaments. $3m prize pool and absolutely amateur production.

Let's be honest you can watch half of every day if you get up at a reasonable time, watch the rest in VODs if you want

I kinda hoped China would step up their game for this major but it seems they really don't care and the production is as shit as you could have expected

Let's be honest you can watch half of every day if you get up at a reasonable time, watch the rest in VODs if you want
I stand up at 7:30 AM and gotta be at work by 9 AM. :/ Impossible to catch anything. Watching VoDs in the evening is a possibilty surely but time's a little too precious lately which is why I only watch some highlights to be honest. The main event is 100% impossible to watch for me unless I take days off which so far does not appear particularly appealing given the bad feedback for the tournament. Oh well, the Chinese probably had similar problems with all the tournaments not in their time zone so I guess it's fair.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Fuck Valve. Fuck Dota. This Major is SHIT. Yames was literally the only good thing about it.

I stand up at 7:30 AM and gotta be at work by 9 AM. :/ Impossible to catch anything. Watching VoDs in the evening is a possibilty surely but time's a little too precious lately which is why I only watch some highlights to be honest. The main event is 100% impossible to watch for me unless I take days off which so far does not appear particularly appealing given the bad feedback for the tournament. Oh well, the Chinese probably had similar problems with all the tournaments not in their time zone so I guess it's fair.

Oh yeah if you can't watch it at work then you're fucked
I just have it running on my second screen and have at least the sound

Twookie

I took a little snooze and now james is fired? WTF

he was the only entertaining part of the panel!
Genuinely dissapointed by valve here.

Cant take this game seriously when running at some dying buying back haunting is actually a valid tactic.

Valve are shit in general. Wish MSN was still alive so I can use that chat client.

kionedrik

o we like 2GD so that doesn't count.

Like I said, the people in the thread that listened to Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park and Korn love 2GD.

People who have english as their second language love him as well.

I'm genuinely wondering what anything you've mentioned has to do with liking or disliking James as a person or host.

Hylian7

Cant take this game seriously when running at some dying buying back haunting is actually a valid tactic.

Valve are shit in general. Wish MSN was still alive so I can use that chat client.
Buying back for a haunt like that is super risky. You could need your buyback to prevent losing the game within the next 5 minutes, and your gold is significantly reduced as a carry, which is bad news bears.

Honestly wouldn't mind having a limited amount of buybacks per game. Or increasing CD (6-8-10-12 minutes etc). They just make games drag on super long in some instances.

Madouu

Remember the time when buying back to farm was a legit tactic, that was something.

Buying back for a haunt like that is super risky. You could need your buyback to prevent losing the game within the next 5 minutes, and your gold is significantly reduced as a carry, which is bad news bears.

It's pretty low risk vs lesh core past 40 minutes in an even game.

EGM mvp this game, but I guess it's the nature of their lineup, oracle + spectre is disgusting.

literally isn't.

i argued that it was a valid tactic, doesn't necessarily mean it will work every time, but it is a valid tactic

kionedrik

did you like any of those bands?

is english a second language?

Yes, I was a teenager during the 90s and as a matter of fact I grabbed Meteora from the shelf to listen on my way to work this morning. And don't worry, my musical taste is broad enough to enjoy a lot of genres from different time periods.

Yes. Not everyone is blessed with being born english or on an english colony.

Mind telling me now what does that has anything to do with my perception of James, and other people for that matter, or is it just some moral superiority bullshit spouting?

2GD drinks whisky that's so cool though how can you not like him
I think he's decent but the cult around him is irritating

I think his conduct caters to a rather young audience and those are very vocal on the internet. I find him entertaining too but his antisemitism misstep was highly irritating. I've regarded him critically ever since.

Yes, I was a teenager during the 90s and as a matter of fact I grabbed Meteora from the shelf to listen on my way to work this morning. And don't worry, my musical taste is broad enough to enjoy a lot of genres from different time periods.

Yes. Not everyone is blessed with being born english or on an english colony.

Mind telling me now what does that has anything to do with my perception of James, and other people for that matter, or is it just some moral superiority bullshit spouting?

do you like James 2GD Harding?

Like I said, the people in the thread that listened to Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park and Korn love 2GD.

I fail to see any connection between any part of this statement. What does being a Millenial have to do with your ability to like a commentator in a game? Not to mention your grouping of bands there is very confusing--Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were nothing alike other than that they were both popular in the early 2000's and I suppose blended Rap elements into Rock music--which wasn't new considering Rage Against The Machine had been doing it for years by then.

Madouu

Alliance are still looking good overall. They're the best at seizing opportunities and punishing mistakes really hard.

Catching Leshrac and VS in the mid lane while the rest of fnatic was bottom is a prime example of that, they moved in so quickly when most other teams would've probably hesitated a bit.

I fail to see any connection between any part of this statement. What does being a Millenial have to do with your ability to like a commentator in a game? Not to mention your grouping of bands there is very confusing--Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were nothing alike other than that they were both popular in the early 2000's and I suppose blended Rap elements into Rock music--which wasn't new considering Rage Against The Machine had been doing it for years by then.

that reads like someone that wasnt around during that time trying to fit in by spouting sentences that have some things in common.

so they were not similar except in the bits where they were similar.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yames numba 1

legit tho i hope this major is a wake up call for valve to take a more hands on approach and be more selective host wise. production is ass, delays are ass, and they just nixed one of the huge upsides of the major (return of 2gd hosting, the funny jokes, and the entertaining banter)

edit: rofl just reading it was fucking valve that wanted 2gd removed wtF??? and here i thought it was perfect world gettin upset and making a big mistake; i guess valve is still hella salty after he complained about some of the behind the scenes TI production failures what a joke

fuck valve

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
can't criticize players or crack jokes i guess we need espn professionalism of constant dick sucking, serious faces, and constant nahaz/skip cookie cutter drivel about "heart, passion, drive 2 win" (insert team/player X before said allowed descriptors and repeat as much as possible)

I bet nahaz is gonna be at manila, I'm sure filipinos love him for some reason

Is it the stream or does merlini's skin look fucked up ? so weird

that reads like someone that wasnt around during that time trying to fit in by spouting sentences that have some things in common.

so they were not similar except in the bits where they were similar.

Opera and Rap both have Vocals, literally the same. If you want to get broad enough all musical artists have common elements, it's the same damn field. Holy shit, Celine Dion and Lzzy Hale are both women who sing, literally the same artist!

I wouldn't compare them to say Nirvana\Pearl Jam, because they were intentionally going for different sounds--Linkin Park went for Nu-Metal with heavy Electronic elements, and Limp Bizkit went for Rap Rock (people dubbed it Rap Metal because everything that wasn't The Eagles was Metal in that era) at best. Fred Durst almost never actually sang--nowhere near how well Chester Bennington did at least, Boiler is the only song I can think of where Durst sings--and while they both featured DJ's there was a significant difference in the sound either groups DJ's went for. They were around during the same time, had a few common elements, but I wouldn't group them together outside of "Popular Rock Acts from the Early 2000's".

Also, I was a teenager when these guys came around, Hybrid Theory was a birthday present and I bought Meteora on release. I shamefully liked Limp Bizkit but most people did for all of 2-3 years.

kionedrik

I'm still intrigued to hear the correlation between English as a second language and liking 2GD.

Guys, just... don't indulge his craziness.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What if all this 2GD drama was manufactured by Valve to give Sheever her big break as a marquee host for this major?

#sheever4ti6

edit: rofl just reading it was fucking valve that wanted 2gd removed wtF??? and here i thought it was perfect world gettin upset and making a big mistake; i guess valve is still hella salty after he complained about some of the behind the scenes TI production failures what a joke

fuck valve

If I had to guess I would imagine someone at Perfect World got buttmad that Yames was disrespecting their authority then tattletaled to someone at Valve who then handed down the missive. I find it VERY hard to believe PW didn't have some say in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom