• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What if all this 2GD drama was manufactured by Valve to give Sheever her big break as a marquee host for this major?

#sheever4ti6

greatest host in all of esports

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
no shade to sheever but her biggest fans are only able to cite 'she's a girl' when discussing her merits

#bringbackkaci

no shade to sheever but her biggest fans are only able to cite 'she's a girl' when discussing her merits

#bringbackkaci
Kinda true. She's decent but gets overrated because she sticks out as a woman
Kaci couldn't host a tournament, she's good at what she does which is reporting/interviewing

Best host is chobra

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

#bringbackkaci

Fuck off 2 bear. She's a great host. She has more actual Dota knowledge than Redeye so she doesn't have that awkward generalized tone to all of her panel questions.

sephi22

I have some bomb ass thai sweet chilli sauce.
Want something nice and quick to go with it. What's good fam? I'm thinking wings or cup ramen

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Fuck off 2 bear. She's a great host. She has more actual Dota knowledge than Redeye so she doesn't have that awkward generalized tone to all of her panel questions.
She just has the awkward tone of every other dota caster

#bringbackkaci
Just wanted to say that we actually legalized gay marriage finally. Even later than the idiocracy.
Wanna get hitched

demented

I was literally watching the major just because of yames so fuck valve not gonna watch it anymore. Waiting for his write up of what happened tonight.

kionedrik

Gonna have to side with 2bear on this one. Sheever always seems too uncomfortable when she's put on the drivers seat. She also still seems to lack some of the skills that are needed to effortlessly drive the conversation forward and interact with all the other panel members, although she got better at it in the last couple of months (but it's still not enough imho).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
OD Pixel's random screaming is annoying even when the audio quality isn't Perfect World-tier.

I'm actually washing my hands of most of this tournament. I'll watch my teams play if I'm awake for it, but Valve and Perfect World can both fuck right off. This LAN is an embarrassment.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
2gd drama hit #1, #2, and #3 on reddit all rofl

his statement should be interesting, we'll see what was up behind the scenes. betting he just kept disobeying production or something and they finally had enough; with all the goddam no music no nothing hour long blank screens i dont blame him tho, this production has been ass from the start

o well will read more dramaz in the morning

Sorry had to get to work.

Correlation between having english as second language and liking James.

I like James btw.

His smarmy sarcasticness gets old, especially when you're born and bred in England, when that's the default humour of one dimensional sarccy teenage listeners of limp bizkit and linkin park.

I like James btw.

But when you have English as a second language, it tends to mean you're not a native of these shores. Which also means that you might not be so familiar with the humour And so it appears fresh to those from further afield, appears to be cutting, piercing humour.

In the land of starving people, dogshit tastes delicious. You're all in countries bereft of humour so when someone like James comes along, you're all like OMG mum turn down that favourite Linkin Park cd of mine, this guy is very very funny.

I like James btw

I'm not even English and english is my second language. The tears so far because I exposed your teenage angsty bell bottom jeans, chain wallet wearing spikey haired internet protesters against the man has been quite entertaining.

Red UFO

Sorry had to get to work.

Correlation between having english as second language and liking James.

I like James btw.

His smarmy sarcasticness gets old, especially when you're born and bred in England, when that's the default humour of one dimensional sarccy teenage listeners of limp bizkit and linkin park.

I like James btw.

But when you have English as a second language, it tends to mean you're not a native of these shores. Which also means that you might not be so familiar with the humour And so it appears fresh to those from further afield, appears to be cutting, piercing humour.

In the land of starving people, dogshit tastes delicious. You're all in countries bereft of humour so when someone like James comes along, you're all like OMG mum turn down that favourite Linkin Park cd of mine, this guy is very very funny.

I like James btw

I'm not even English and english is my second language. The tears so far because I exposed your teenage angsty bell bottom jeans, chain wallet wearing spikey haired internet protesters against the man has been quite entertaining.
this is borderline incomprehensible

- Worst ingame community in history of gaming, nothing comes close (LoL has no voice chat so it's not a contender)
- By far the worst default subreddit
- bottom 10% NeoGAF community in terms of post quality

I wonder what it is with the game that it attracts a very special kind of people.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the dramatic irony in this thread rn, if anyone is writing their thesis on this comm this page would be a rich seam

O in relation to listening to Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park and Korn - shows that your inability to form cogent rational decisions on your own and end up following what you consider to be cool at that time. Some may have had to suppress feelings of differentness by wanting to love bands like them.

The fact you come out and justified it by saying, I was a teenager in the 90s suggests that you were one in the many, following things that you regret following now.

Hence, you're just another lost member of society, following the view that James is top tier funny.

It would have been more respectable if you said, I still love Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit etc.

LiQuid!

What the actual fuck is Heavy's even talking about? Can anybody translate?

- Worst ingame community in history of gaming, nothing comes close (LoL has no voice chat so it's not a contender)

I wonder what it is with the game that it attracts a very special kind of people.
Oi
That burned me proper mate can you tone it down I'm getting really hurt right here I'm about to call the mods
why is merlini wearing dotacapitalist's suit from yesterday
I think I know why

What the actual fuck is Heavy's even talking about? Can anybody translate?

I thought the bit about being English and thus being used to that kind of humour made kinda sense but I'm yet to understand his ulterior motive to the drivel he spouts. His analysis of people who like 2GD seems a little dodgy from here.

I also bought Meteora back then but I have yet to figure out how that drove me to like James 15 years later. I'll figure it out eventually I hope.

inkls

spectre-what.gif

RVVh6eo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom