• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they basically told him to be himself, and he was himself, so I don't know what he did in specific that was enough for them to immediately fire him without warning(I assume).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can't say I'm surprised people are up in arms about 2GD, but I find it strange people are choosing to be passionate about the issue of not following directions.

people are passionate cause the dude is hilarious and has tons of fans because of it, most of the entertainment value on the production side evaporated with yames for some of us (for others, perhaps not)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
people are passionate cause the dude is hilarious and has tons of fans because of it, most of the entertainment value on the production side evaporated with yames for some of us (for others, perhaps not)

i mean given that what little there was on the production side evaporated with his departure...

Not to mention in what world can they not just transition to a break without his say-so? Just moving it is a much better solution that firing your damn host. Especially given this tournament is already a mess so people probably wouldn't even realize it was intentional.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i mean given that what little there was on the production side evaporated with his departure...

yeah he was pretty much the only good thing in a mountain of shit, so now we're just left with a mountain of shit, i'll take the humor and fun couch banter next to the awful blank slides, crashes, audio issues, etc... cause sans the first... well mountain of shit lol.

besides we still don't even know what in the hell he was fired for to begin with, can only speculate until he releases his statement or valve releases one (the latter is highly improbable though).

DrPizza

Banned
I mean they basically told him to be himself, and he was himself, so I don't know what he did in specific that was enough for them to immediately fire him without warning(I assume).

I'm not sure that "be yourself" excuses "ignoring directions from the production staff". There's a difference between "on camera personality" and "professionalism".

I'm not sure that "be yourself" excuses "ignoring directions from the production staff". There's a difference between "on camera personality" and "professionalism".
Not to mention in what world can they not just transition to a break without his say-so? Just moving it is a much better solution that firing your damn host. Especially given this tournament is already a mess so people probably wouldn't even realize it was intentional.

Firing him is an incredibly stupid reaction to not going to break.

I'm not sure that warrants firing him without as much as a warning, if it was his second or third offense it'd be understandable.

Now if they came out and said he did some stupid shit off camera that changes everything of course.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
y0uToYH.png

#therealtruth

Madouu

Can we stop believing reddit rumors and repeating them as if they were established facts.

People were already shitting on Perfect World because of this before James had to come out and say it was Valve's decision so let's not make the same mistake again.

marrec

Banned
I dunno, seems more plausible than the "he didn't cut to break that one time" fud being spread around.

Edit:

I mean the cyborgmatt assassination rumor

DrPizza

Banned
I'm not sure that warrants firing him without as much as a warning, if it was his second or third offense it'd be understandable.

Now if they came out and said he did some stupid shit off camera that changes everything of course.

Well, tbh, we don't know that it wasn't his second or third offense.

Quesa

Firing him is an incredibly stupid reaction to not going to break.

Imagine being the guy who can't take a break or go home for the day because someone refuses to follow your instructions to cut to break. There are lots of reasons they could have needed him to cut.

And when he didn't, the whole thing went south in terms of what the team should do. I'm sure there was a lot of conflict on whether to just cut without his outro (which would make the whole thing look more unprofessional than it already was) or keep things rolling because the conversation was amusing (which I'll admit it kind of was).

Worse, though, he openly mocked the production team, saying he'd been ignoring them for an hour or however long. Why would you want to keep working with someone like that? He may be entertaining and not streaking on-stream or something, but I as someone who was trying to keep things running and be fair to everyone would not want to work with someone who is going to disregard me as an organizer.

Maybe that's not the reason he was fired. But I don't think it's implausible to think so.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Worse, though, he openly mocked the production team, saying he'd been ignoring them for an hour or however long. Why would you want to keep working with someone like that? He may be entertaining and not streaking on-stream or something, but I as someone who was trying to keep things running and be fair to everyone would not want to work with someone who is going to disregard me as an organizer.

Maybe that's not the reason he was fired. But I don't think it's implausible to think so.

I'm almost 100% positive James has done the whole "mocking the production team" thing in previous events. Probably never with a Chinese production team tho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the way y'all spend every other post saying how much you hate reddit and then the other half of the posts talking about things you read on reddit

kionedrik

Well, James said on twitter he will write something on the subject later tonight, so just wait to see what he has to say.

edit: unless it's all actually just a big joke and Matt really did kill him and hijack his account.

marrec

Banned
Well, James said on twitter he will write something on the subject later tonight, so just wait to see what he has to say.

"Cunts fired me because I'm too real and EE is soft as redeye's tiny wang"

- Yames, probably

Nah he actually seems to be taking this a bit more seriously than anything else he does.

Wok

regardless of this drama i hope we get a good explanation in his tell all, cause valve probably isn't going to make a statement

like him or hate him yames is a pretty nice breath of fresh air compared to the standard fake hype and residentsleeper we get in 90% of tournaments, and hey, if you hate him you can mute him like i mute 90% of dota tourney panels
(valve sent him to low pri tho)

Actually, there should be a way to mute each caster on a user-specific way. Let us say I want to hear Blitz and Sheever but not Sheever's mate for instance, they could send the audio on different channels so that I can mute whoever I dislike.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

The production stuff can fuck themselves if they choose overlay with shitty music over panel banter for all I care.
Actually the production stuff can fuck themselves regardless for this shitshow they call shanghai major...
Everyone on the English side called out China months before this. The countless other tournaments that where disasters didn't serve as learning experiences as it seems.

Think Charlie got it right, to preoccupied with not fucking this up instead of working towards making this great.
Well congrats you fucked it up...

Sry for my language but the viewing "experience" of this major has made me incredibly mad. Especially when you decide to adjust your sleep schedule just to catch some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom