• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
What an absolute fucken shit storm.

I just hope the in game client sound is better today.
anuxi_rum.gif

Hylian7

I've been in a car ride through areas with no phone 4G, and I come back to see Gabe has weighed in on the matter himself? Christ on a saltine!

I don't know why James made that response, it would have been much smarter for him to just wait until he finishes his statement, if there even is anything left for him to salvage here.

The question remains though, will he still get gigs at non-Valve tournaments?

I've been in a car ride through areas with no phone 4G, and I come back to see Gabe has weighed in on the matter himself? Christ on a saltine!

I don't know why James made that response, it would have been much smarter for him to just wait until he finishes his statement, if there even is anything left for him to salvage here.

The question remains though, will he still get gigs at non-Valve tournaments?

would people even watch dreamhack/dreamleague (whatever the name of this thing is) without him ?

kionedrik

Okay, but everyone has already complained a ton about how Valve fucked this event up, I'm not sure what you want from them, an apology? They're trying to fix their fuckup and that's all you can ask for at this point in time.

My point is their fuck ups set this whole mess in motion and that statement was basically them shifting the blame towards others. Obviously they have a brand and a product to defend (and current and future hats sales) so they are fixing what should have never been broken had they done what needed to be done in the first place.

It's this holy knight aura they get that's pissing me off.

Seriously though, fuck this. Enough internet for today.

Satch

Banned
My point is their fuck ups set this whole mess in motion and that statement was basically them shifting the blame towards others. Obviously they have a brand and a product to defend (and current and future hats sales) so they are fixing what should have never been broken had they done what needed to be done in the first place.

It's this holy knight aura they get that's pissing me off.

Seriously though, fuck this. Enough internet for today.
??????????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Shinypogs

So at this point we have James vs valve. dota 2 community and some personalities vs cs:go community and their thorin and r lewis ( I know nothing about them so I have no idea how legit complaints about them are).

Twitter and twitch chat are all ablaze , r/all is probably the most dota filled it has been since the great diretide debacle ( the community thankfully seems to be leaving r/volvo out of it this time. those guys were pretty great for putting up with the diretide stuff which legit got out of hand).

We have no production team, potentially no panels and the games are delayed again.

I cannot imagine how hellish this experience is for both the players and the English crew.

Props to the Russian production crew for continuing to just do their thing though. Though I mostly watch the matches in game sometimes during downtime I tune into them on twitch and they always seem to be doing something productive and they don't sound too stressed about the delays etc etc . If course I don't speak Russian so I could be wrong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

laugh.gif

I still wonder if Gabe is in Seattle or China right now. Surely he didn't personally go to China to deal with this shit?

How much money is on the line? What if the players just decided tournaments a joke time to go home?

$3 Million total, winning team gets $1 Million. Plus, being a Valve event, they will get paid within days of it finishing, unlike most tournaments which can takes months to pay out.

Shinypogs

How much money is on the line? What if the players just decided tournaments a joke time to go home?

3 million. Teams also can't risk not getting invited to TI by fucking off from a major. You'd have to get every single team to agree not to play for that strat to work.

Arol

Where are people hearing that BTS is taking over?

Honestly, Valve should take note from RU stream. Those guys take their same production crew everywhere with them.

Baha

This Major is also important for smaller teams like Spirit and Archon since doing well will not only offer a significant payout but most likely sponsorship deals and maybe even invites to other tournaments without having to go through qualifiers. Essentially get the CDEC treatment post TI5.

For me the worst part isn't that he got fired, it's that this pretty much kills his Dota 2 casting career, because most people who do it do it in the hopes of getting invited to TIs and such. Not that James was a full time or even a part time caster over the last year.

If this were any other community, James would start a gofundme/patreon and make some sympathy cash that way, but I don't think that's going to happen here or if James would even consider that.

For those talking about James' style, he was more 'savage' this time around - dropping cunt 10 seconds into the first day's opening, calling EE a con for any team he's on and saying any team with EE will never win, insinuating EE is mentally disabled, etc. It seems like he wanted to pander and milk the nostalgia from reddit who were waxing poetic when he was announced as host. He did cross the line this time, especially considering his reputation was hanging on a string.

buh buh entertainment value

Looking forward to 2GDs statement, 'Sure I called EE autistic but it was funny'

there really isn't anything he can say that will make anyone think better of him.

sorry to his fans, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom