• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twookie

the delays are gifts to us europeans, i aint saying no
crazy.gif

Wok

you mean "never gonna be able to land a black hole vs" rubick?

I mean playing vs Rubick has always been a great fun. Either the guy is like the perfect troll, or he makes moves and mistakes and makes the game fun. Especially Slark vs Rubick is amazingly fun.

oh yeah, Strife is still a thing: http://steamspy.com/app/339280

holy shit those numbers

Looked at its subreddit, it's a pretty sad sight. Then looked at S2's site to see what's up. They haven't posted since 2014. Seems like they plan or planned to unveil a new game, at least this is what below HoN and Strife

random2.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
void doesn't need any nerfs imo, he was just picked a lot day 1 and then he dropped like a rock. He's like sub 40% p/b and ~40% winrate, so he fails the popularity and winrate test of OPness, so the only other stats we got is pretty much that entirely variable and elusive frustration one (i don't think he's too frustrating) and his pub success (which again, isn't that crazy).

inkls

void doesn't need any nerfs imo, he was just picked a lot day 1 and then he dropped like a rock. He's like sub 40% p/b and ~40% winrate, so he fails the popularity and winrate test of OPness, so the only other stats we got is pretty much that entirely variable and elusive frustration one (i don't think he's too frustrating) and his pub success (which again, isn't that crazy).

I mean the last time we had that discussion it was about ld and +5k ld is 50% wr, while 5k void is 53% wr. Gut him I say

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I mean the last time we had that discussion it was about ld and +5k ld is 50% wr, while 5k void is 53% wr. Gut him I say

ld was also first pick and first banned every single game, void never was and still isn't

you got pretty much 3 hard and fast balance metrics beyond gut feelings (or that wild card frustration/bullshit feeling) and the like in dota and they are:
1) competitive pickrate
2) competitive winrate
3) pub pickrate and winrate

the only one that sticks out for void (somewhat) is the 3rd; LD was nerfed because he was rekting the first two

inkls

ld was also first pick and first banned every single game, void isn't and wasn't

you got pretty much 3 hard and fast balance metrics beyond gut feelings and the like in dota and they are:
1) competitive pickrate
2) competitive winrate
3) pub pickrate and winrate

the only one that sticks out for void (somewhat) is the 3rd, LD was nerfed because he was rekting the first two

Oh I know, it just my bad attempt at humor. They did nerf void in patch C right?

Chris R

So the games start an hour later, and there will be the first day streaming lag as well of course...

At least I'll get to watch all of my hockey game and eat dinner before worrying about Liquid and Alliance.

If Valve can do one thing better this year for TI, it's starting shit on time and sticking to a good schedule (and drop a dedicated fiber line to Key Arena ffs)

it just my bad attempt at humor.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think Void is close to Bara. Bara was legit oppressive, and one of the few heroes who had the distinction of being nerfed to the ground based solely on his pub win rate.

I like where Void is now, he's not that much better than he's used to be. He is frustrating to play against sometimes, but in a way that's more reasonable rather than bullshit RNG all day long.

I don't think Void is close to Bara. Bara was legit oppressive, and one of the few heroes who had the distinction of being nerfed to the ground based solely on his pub win rate.

I like where Void is now, he's not that much better than he's used to be. He is frustrating to play against sometimes, but in a way that's more reasonable rather than bullshit RNG all day long.

Agree with all of that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i saw that edit

smh dumb community witch hunts are how effe/rude got banned :( I miss it :(

I'm categorically against bans in every form without exception, except for neogaf dot com username "godelsmetric"

im #teambokr and #teamhaly re void btw

Russ T

Banned
since vade didn't get banned for dropping the f-word (not the samuel jackson one) I dunno

i thought he did

we're talking about that time he put that huge image in here right

that's when i put him on ignore FOR THE RECORD

cause i know you're all keeping track

edit: ah i see you meant perm'd

yeah it's a bummer

The last game I played, we had a Luna/silencer lane that just absolutely shat on void. Arcane curse and last word really fucked with him to the point that he abandoned the lane

TUSR

Banned
been thinking about FV for the last couple days regarding his role and playstyle

he's fun to play and useful right now

but he doesn't do everything

leave him be, he's not osfrog tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom