• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Towards the end of Void 1.0's life, he was moving away from hard carry (because he just didn't do enough without his ult) and towards the offlane (based U-god). His 2.0 version gave him, on top of his AoE disable:

1) AoE soft-CC
2) Reliable damage mitigation

So he's basically an AGI Tide now, and embracing his emergence as an initiator/offlaner is probably the best thing Frog could've done. It lessens the crowding in the safelane (since Frog was also beefing up old melee carries like Sven and CK) while expanding the offlane/initiator role.

inkls

been thinking about FV for the last couple days regarding his role and playstyle

he's fun to play and useful right now

but he doesn't do everything

leave him be, he's not osfrog tier

OSfrog.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
void doesn't need any nerfs imo, he was just picked a lot day 1 and then he dropped like a rock. He's like sub 40% p/b and ~40% winrate, so he fails the popularity and winrate test of OPness, so the only other stats we got is pretty much that entirely variable and elusive frustration one (i don't think he's too frustrating) and his pub success (which again, isn't that crazy).

Maybe you are right. I still think timewalk's cool down should be 8 seconds.

I want to see how his P/B and win rate are for the main event. Like CDEC picked him in 5 games, and lost 3 of them with him.

Acinixys

Maybe you are right. I still think timewalk's cool down should be 8 seconds.

I want to see how his P/B and win rate are for the main event. Like CDEC picked him in 5 games, and lost 3 of them with him.

Void in the rights hands has the potential to be absolute cancer

The few times ive seen universe play him, its been amazing. Teams dont know how to fit him in, since he needs the offlane and jungling is currently out of favour

marrec

Banned
Void in the rights hands has the potential to be absolute cancer

The few times ive seen universe play him, its been amazing. Teams dont know how to fit him in, since he needs the offlane and jungling is currently out of favour

I think the group stages in the Shanghai Major showed exactly that, that a lot of teams still don't quite know where Void fits in a draft. You really have to build around him right? I mean, you always had to do that to a certain extent, but his ability to completely take over games is much more limited in the offlane.

Kalnos

Banned
I think the group stages in the Shanghai Major showed exactly that, that a lot of teams still don't quite know where Void fits in a draft. You really have to build around him right? I mean, you always had to do that to a certain extent, but his ability to completely take over games is much more limited in the offlane.

Limited because of the offlane and since you can't build carry as effectively without backtrack you're more likely to build things like blink, aghs, etc which make you more reliant on your team.

Chris R

I'll say I don't like new void, because I really liked old void. I just need to realize he isn't a 1/2 spot now, but more like a 4 with ultra strong initation, a position I usually don't care to play (Teaaaaaam, TEAAAAM where the fuck is my TEAM 5 MAN CHRONO
21kh4Po.png
)

Fevaweva

Wagamama's Void build is incredible in the right match. Ring of Aquila into Vanguard into Radiance - with treads ofc - and you boss pretty much the entire game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
1.09 you god damned dumb shit. One of the most avoidable bans I've ever seen. Hope you're happy.

shira

WBeU3gn.png

**Expect major delays and technical issues**
Stream starts:
t1456884000z1.png

***Expect an opening ceremony and massive delays***

Upper Bracket Bo3
Alliance
OZa01Iy.png
vs
k2itTuY.png
Liquid

Upper Bracket Bo3
MVP
YM606OU.png
vs
WFJTqaV.png
LGD

Lower Bracket Bo1 (Elimination)
Ehome
Gx9n05l.png
vs
JNOw3Fi.png
Archon

Complexity
EfJJBNF.png
vs
7i6Ioil.png
Spirit

VG
Hwph7E6.png
vs
rbfDz5n.png
VP

CDEC
AIFCO3R.png
vs
nB7J9I3.png
Newbee

- Watch in-game with the free client *now featuring exclusive post-match MVP voting*
- Twitch Stream
- Steam Broadcasting
- Youtube streaming

Quesa

WBeU3gn.png

**Expect major delays and technical issues**
Stream starts:
t1456884000z1.png

***Expect an opening ceremony and massive delays***

Upper Bracket Bo3
Alliance
OZa01Iy.png
vs
k2itTuY.png
Liquid

Upper Bracket Bo3
MVP
YM606OU.png
vs
WFJTqaV.png
LGD

Ehome
Gx9n05l.png
vs
JNOw3Fi.png
Archon

VG
Hwph7E6.png
vs
rbfDz5n.png
VP

Complexity
EfJJBNF.png
vs
7i6Ioil.png
Spirit

CDEC
AIFCO3R.png
vs
nB7J9I3.png
Newbee

- Watch in-game with the free client *now featuring exclusive post-match MVP voting*
- Twitch Stream
- Steam Broadcasting
- Youtube streaming

Thanks for the chart!

Are they played in that order? A vs. Liquid first?

Haly

Okay, PSA.

1.09 is Chinese American, so this is kind of like a Seinfeld situation where a comedian makes Jew jokes as a Jew.

Just getting that out there.

Also as a Chinese American I'm with him in that I couldn't care less about a mild a slur as "chink", especially when I know it's totally facetious. I see far, far worse queuing with the kagebros and it's just whatever, you know? You can take the player out of 5k queue but you can't take 5k queue out of the player? Something like that.

Quesa

Okay, PSA.

1.09 is Chinese American, so this is kind of like a Seinfeld situation where a comedian makes Jew jokes as a Jew.

Just getting that out there.

Also as a Chinese American I'm with him in that I couldn't care less about a mild a slur as "chink", especially when I know it's totally facetious. I see far, far worse queuing with the kagebros and it's just whatever, you know?

I totally get that. But not everyone might feel that way or assume it's facetious.

Haly

I totally get that. But not everyone might feel that way or assume it's facetious.

Right, the ban is what it is. But he doesn't want people to think he's some kind of WASP-y China hater. However toxic he is, outright racism is not a part of it. I just think this situation deserves context.

shira

It appears some Valve has some chickens coming home to roost. Their inablity to run their major tournament worries me.

It's funny because Valve wanted to run all 4 majors. But then ESL cried to Valve that they had been holding these 250k prizepools to eventually host majors - so they became outsourced

Russ T

Banned
Hot damn, Valve.

This was briefly brought up on James Day, but I really do wonder exactly what it's going to take for people to start actively demanding better from Valve. I mean, I understand that they're not directly responsible for every single one of these fuck ups, but c'mon. And it's not like their track record with Steam is perfect (giving away everyone's address over Christmas was a nice bonus).

I like Valve a lot and think they've done a ton of good for PC gaming, but fuck if they don't need someone taking them to task for some of the shit they do...

gai_shain

Hot damn, Valve.

This was briefly brought up on James Day, but I really do wonder exactly what it's going to take for people to start actively demanding better from Valve. I mean, I understand that they're not directly responsible for every single one of these fuck ups, but c'mon. And it's not like their track record with Steam is perfect (giving away everyone's address over Christmas was a nice bonus).

I like Valve a lot and think they've done a ton of good for PC gaming, but fuck if they don't need someone taking them to task for some of the shit they do...

I mean thats not what happened and they get plenty of backlash all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom