• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Thats the only part I can't see getting changed. 2 seconds is already ehh in terms of duration. Less than that is just awful imo.

But also what demoli said. Time dilation aoe is HUGE
  • Time Walk travel distance is 625.
  • Radius of Time Dilation is 725.
  • Radius of chrono is 425.
If the radius of Time Dilation were less than travel distance of Time Walk, then it would get harder to use Void to chase down an enemy honestly. In this case, the hero would have to be reworked, with Time Dilation being automatically applied to opponents inside Chrono.

icefrog has been doing fine now that he has dota imba to copy from

I mean I can see where that poster is coming from. 6.82 and 6.83 were the worst patches to date and 6.84 and 6.85 were almost identical with slightly altered meta heroes and lasted for like half a year or something. 6.86's changes were really good and refreshing for the most part. Personally, I can't stand playing against a very good Arc Warden player and I'm puzzled how the hero made it into the game in his current incarnation. Thank god he's mechanically not quite as easy to play as some of the previous pub stompers so his pick rate is not at annoying heights but still. Low risk high reward hero essentially.

kionedrik

I mean I can see where that poster is coming from. 6.82 and 6.83 were the worst patches to date and 6.84 and 6.85 were almost identical with slightly altered meta heroes and lasted for like half a year or something. 6.86's changes were really good and refreshing for the most part. Personally, I can't stand playing against a very good Arc Warden player and I'm puzzled how the hero made it into the game in his current incarnation. Thank god he's mechanically not quite as easy to play as some of the previous pub stompers so his pick rate is not at annoying heights but still. Low risk high reward hero essentially.

You realize you are using TB as an avatar right?

edit: I meant to bold not spoil tag it...

Also 6.84 and 6.85 had some of the lowest viable hero pools in recent Dota history, didn't they? Pretty sure I remember a Reddit thread about the absurd number of unpicked heroes at some tournament.

I mean there were 5 unpicked heroes at TI 5. For as crazy as the item introduction rate was this year, it is surprising that things didnt go worse, give or take a glimmer cape or aether lens.

kionedrik

whatever the number of unpicked heroes for 6.84/6.84v2 was, I'm willing to bet a lot of money 6.83 was patch with lowest picked hero pool.

I mean there were 5 unpicked heroes at TI 5. For as crazy as the item introduction rate was this year, it is surprising that things didnt go worse, give or take a glimmer cape or aether lens.

Heroes that get picked once or twice skew the stats though, a more interesting stat would be how many heroes got picked over 5 or 10 times.

Twookie

looking at datdota right now, only clinkz and lone druid weren't picked at the frankfurt major
clinkz were banned 3 times and LD was banned once if i read this correctly

that's not too shabby isn't it

Wok

dota is quite boring to watch for me. last time i was properly wowed by some play was thingies rubick performance at TI.

I am wowed by a lot of early plays. The addition of faerie fire is the best to go for (or to punish) early tower dives. Pros are quite good at baiting the kills, or going for it.

Low Tier
lets go back to the days of dumb chinks going phase mom aquila jugg and running over ur entire team xd

and then troll goes wrrrrrrrrrrrr
and axe goes kyaaahhh
and ur base dies

xd xd xd xd

fuck u

Techies single-handedly made Dota a 2/10 would never play again game. Absolutely dreadful. We took turns in our stack abandoning games when that piece of shit got picked by the enemy team. Life is way too short for that rubbish.
I rather play against 6.84 techies than 6.80 terrorblade again

marrec

Banned
Make techies a fun hero to play with/against in pubs, that's my only plea. If you can't make techies good without making him dreadful to play against then throw him into the dumpster forever.

inkls

There is no such hero that is "fun to play against"

Like seriously, how can you enjoy facing a hero unless you're winning or destroying them? Like, what heroes are fun vs in dota?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Make techies a fun hero to play with/against in pubs, that's my only plea. If you can't make techies good without making him dreadful to play against then throw him into the dumpster forever.

i think some heroes just aren't fun to play against tbh...i think the game is actually better for the majority when they're not good picks. techies is probably one of those heroes. he's really fun to play as but nobody else in the game is having fun.

Like seriously, how can you enjoy facing a hero unless you're winning or destroying them? Like, what heroes are fun vs in dota?

Techies wasn't fun against even when you were winning wide. He delayed every game and wasted everyone's time. I see why there are heroes like that (good base defenders like Tinker, Sniper etc.) but Techies in 6.84 (I think?) was unreasonably good at that. Also he killed all early game aggression and roaming. CDEC had to ban him every game against EG because there wasn't shit you could do about it and CDEC's game plan was all about early game dominance.

inkls

Techies wasn't fun against even when you were winning wide. He delayed every game and wasted everyone's time. I see why there are heroes like that (good base defenders like Tinker, Sniper etc.) but Techies in 6.84 (I think?) was unreasonably good at that. Also he killed all early game aggression and roaming. CDEC had to ban him every game against EG because there wasn't shit you could do about it and CDEC's game plan was all about early game dominance.

again, what heroes are fun to play vs in dota in general?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

there might not be heroes that are fun to against per se, but there are definitely heroes that just make the game a misery.

in the mtg community they're very happy to talk about cards or decks that are just not fun to play against, should never have been printed, etc. i think the concept is true in dota as well.

inkls

there might not be heroes that are fun to against per se, but there are definitely heroes that just make the game a misery.

in the mtg community they're very happy to talk about cards or decks that are just not fun to play against, should never have been printed, etc. i think the concept is true in dota as well.

then don't use that phrasing lol.

saying that a hero is not fun to play against means nothing when there's no hero that is fun to play against unless you're destroying them

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

saying that a hero is not fun to play against means nothing when there's no hero that is fun to play against unless you're destroying them

you've never had fun in a game of dota unless you've won tho?

marrec

Banned

It's pedantic, but I think most DOTA heroes are fun to strategize against even if you're getting trashed. What makes Techies stand out (when he's good) is that he changes the basic flow of the game too much. It's fundamentally different from a fat pudge or fat sven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom