• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is disruptor the most iconic support in 'dota 2'?

[edit] medusain't her power

[edit 2] whoops that's not naga i'm new at dota!!!

I'm starting to think that Puppey might actually be the best living Dota 2 player. The fact that his teams have been able to win games with some of the weight he has carried. Envy is like a whorling vortex of suck on any team he plays for and yet somehow Secret can win games. It's mesmerizing.

Puppey should kick EE and pick up Xbox I think they might have a legitimate shot at going undefeated at TI.
Im a puppy fangay and this is stupidly wrong

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You're right, they'd have to kick pld as well.

Dreavus

so really Sven is the new PA then yeah?

If you crit while in ult form it's the equivalent of a x6.6 crit off of his base damage (I think), which is nuts. He basically out-crits PA the Crit Master™. But yeah when you think about it they end up in similar roles once they farm up their items. Svens needs the blink and crits, PA needs the cleave, both need a bkb.

All I know is I've been seeing this carry/hard farming Sven waaay more in pubs now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All I know is I've been seeing this carry/hard farming Sven waaay more in pubs now.
checks out

lnMMmrc.png

Hylian7

so really Sven is the new PA then yeah?
PA wasn't anything other than straight up trash, and still is today.

One item takes away her survivability skill, and is basically like taking a Diffusal to Omniknight.

BKB completely blocking her way into the fight isn't helping matters either.

To put this in perspective:

Sven
+Built in cleave
+armor and move speed AoE buff. Even if the armor is reduced, you still have the MS.
+Consistent damage with ult, even before crits.
+AoE stun
+Strength hero, so decent HP to begin with
-easily drained mana pool
-potentially reliant on Blink

PA
+Mana efficient skills
+Crit daggers and attack effect on daggers
+No Blink required
+AS buff on her blink in
+Built in crit
-BKB blocks her actives
-MKB makes her a fluffy kitten
-Silver Edge makes her even more useless.
-Not a strength hero, so squishy in the first place
-No cleave, Battle Fury is an option, but in many situations you may not have time for that.
-Heavily reliant on BKB. Magic damage is basically her kryptonite (other than MKB/Silver Edge). Unfortunately for her much of the hero pool has this most effective at various stages of the game.

Artanisix

PA wasn't anything other than straight up trash, and still is today.

One item takes away her survivability skill, and is basically like taking a Diffusal to Omniknight.

BKB completely blocking her way into the fight isn't helping matters either.

To put this in perspective:

Sven
+Built in cleave
+armor and move speed AoE buff. Even if the armor is reduced, you still have the MS.
+Consistent damage with ult, even before crits.
+AoE stun
+Strength hero, so decent HP to begin with
-easily drained mana pool
-potentially reliant on Blink

PA
+Mana efficient skills
+Crit daggers and attack effect on daggers
+No Blink required
+AS buff on her blink in
+Built in crit
-BKB blocks her actives
-MKB makes her a fluffy kitten
-Silver Edge makes her even more useless.
-Not a strength hero, so squishy in the first place
-No cleave, Battle Fury is an option, but in many situations you may not have time for that.
-Heavily reliant on BKB. Magic damage is basically her kryptonite (other than MKB/Silver Edge). Unfortunately for her much of the hero pool has this most effective at various stages of the game.

sven
-heavily reliant on blink
-heavily reliant on bkb
-heavily reliant on team

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah i think sven is a fad more than anything and a reaction to both the popularity of summons and the big nerf to farming stacks with nukes (so just farm them with sven!); he still has significant drawbacks as a hero and is extremely reliant on his team (more so than many other cores) as artanisix pointed out. Also, physical damage is pretty popular again and sven's armor is nice against that. In my view, he's more of a reaction hero in the sense that he's a reaction to the current metagame and certain popular heroes rather than a defining hero, a hero that sets or dictates the metagame (i.e. lesh 6.84 or Earth Spirit always).

PA is even more reliant on her team

I disagree completely, i'd rather play pa when im doing lone wolf things (especially in regular pubs) over sven. I feel much more confident going in 1v3 or 1v5 as a super farmed PA compared to a super farmed Sven, and I feel much more confident hunting for solo kills around the map. I don't think Sven is a strictly better version of PA at all, you can argue PA is weak or whatever, but I think the sven comparison falls flat beyond the obvious fact that they are both traditionally 1 position heroes.

Pratfall

I disagree completely, i'd rather play pa when im doing lone wolf things (especially in regular pubs) over sven. I feel much more confident going in 1v3 or 1v5 as a super farmed PA compared to a super farmed Sven, and I feel much more confident hunting for solo kills around the map. I don't think Sven is a strictly better version of PA at all, you can argue PA is weak or whatever, but I think the sven comparison falls flat beyond the obvious fact that they are both traditionally 1 position heroes.

This totally. With a team Sven does much more work but PA is more independent.

But I would much rather lane as Sven. Warcry is so good at shutting down ganks.

Also, the ability of Sven to push out the lane and farm jungle at 10 minutes is so nice. Grab treads and morbid mask and you are good to go. PA doesn't really get that until her BF comes online.

Quesa

She looked great for what they were going for. Not everything that's aimed at children has to have the pedophilia connotations.

Huh, [A] knocked out by frigging complexity?

Whatever is the world coming to.

coL played amazingly. There was 1 fight during Game 3 at the rosh pit that may have been the most well executed play of the entire tournament. coL proved they really are a top team, and I'm shocked to say swindle may have been onto something claiming NA and SEA DotA would be considered some of the best.

coL played amazingly. There was 1 fight during Game 3 at the rosh pit that may have been the most well executed play of the entire tournament. coL proved they really are a top team, and I'm shocked to say swindle may have been onto something claiming NA and SEA DotA would be considered some of the best.

but coL is europe

predictions for tomorrow
EG 1 - 2 coL
MVP 2 - 1 Fnatic
Liquid 2 - 1 Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom