• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Any of you chucklefucks playing Stardew Valley? I'm addicted. My farm is a literal ruin and the harsh summer has ravaged my crops. I'm literally 1 MMR horticulturalist.
facepalm.gif

Russ T

Banned
Any of you chucklefucks playing Stardew Valley? I'm addicted. My farm is a literal ruin and the harsh summer has ravaged my crops. I'm literally 1 MMR horticulturalist.
facepalm.gif

Not yet but I want to. SNES Harvest Moon was my goddamn jam. Nothing's tickled my pickle since then, but this one seems right up my alley, if you know what I mean.

Hylian7

So is it true that when you're on a win streak match making will match you with players who lose more often than win?

ROFL no. That would make absolutely no sense. If anything, you're likely getting matched with players better than the ones you previously played against.

it's only 7 reports, the 11 is lying since stacks will typically mass report you anyway

That makes no sense. You sound pretty toxic in general and the stacks are probably reporting you with good cause.

Truth. Skip frost max aura silence get simple morbid mask maelstorm aghs than go nuts

The fuck am I reading. Enjoy just having them run away from you without Frost Arrows.

best way to prepare tilapia?
salt and pepper the fish, add oil to really hot skillet (use canola/vegetable oil, never olive), put fish on skillet, wait til it browns, flip the fish, wait a bit, serve

I'm sure you can bake it or do some more complicated stuff but this tastes good and takes no effort and barely any cleaning

salt and pepper the fish, add oil to really hot skillet (use canola/vegetable oil, never olive), put fish on skillet, wait til it browns, flip the fish, wait a bit, serve

I'm sure you can bake it or do some more complicated stuff but this tastes good and takes no effort and barely any cleaning

alright yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Glad I'm going in the right direction.

I don't cook.

kionedrik

There's a million video tutorials out there on how to cook anything. There's no excuse not to cook nowadays.

Just get your fast-food-eating-ass in front of the stove and learn already.

well I do cook. But I hate it the entire time. I don't burn things, at least.

I regularly burn pots, however, since I forget about them.

marrec

Banned
Ez tips to raise cooking mmr:

Buy herbs and spices

Buy cast iron pan

Throw meat and herbs and spices into pan

put lid on pan and bake at 350 for 45 mins

ez +25

Also, as "dorky" as sous vide setups or slow cookers are, they actually are pretty useful for filthy casuals when it comes to cooking. Eliminates a lot of variables and lets people figure out only a few things at a time.

Basically, don't learn the cooking equivalent of tread switching when starting out

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not yet but I want to. SNES Harvest Moon was my goddamn jam. Nothing's tickled my pickle since then, but this one seems right up my alley, if you know what I mean.

I'm down to getting it if you do. I remember playing some really gimpy fan made multiplayer Harvest Moon like a decade ago on some service called Beyond.

Fake Edit:
It was this thing: http://www.byond.com/games/WildBlood/HarvestMoonTrinityRanch

Look at this awesome gameplay, it was the shit back in 2004:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cj2_AVAsg

Real Edit: Wait, the co-op is being added later? I feel cheated.

cooking makes you sexy

the amount of
tail
I've gotten from simply offering to cook breakfast in the morning, wew

also blink huskar is legit, but the real tea is blink visage, TRUST

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Supernatural just used "ganked" during an episode. Didn't think that was a known term outside of the moba spectrum.

Russ T

Banned
Supernatural just used "ganked" during an episode. Didn't think that was a known term outside of the moba spectrum.

Either I just watched that episode a few days ago or there is more than one episode where they use that word. I'm leaning towards the latter.

well I do cook. But I hate it the entire time.

This is the real reason I don't cook. I hate the activity at its core.

Anyone want free lodging in Dallas in exchange for cooking all my meals?

I'm down to getting it if you do. I remember playing some really gimpy fan made multiplayer Harvest Moon like a decade ago on some service called Beyond.

Fake Edit:
It was this thing: http://www.byond.com/games/WildBlood/HarvestMoonTrinityRanch

Look at this awesome gameplay, it was the shit back in 2004:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cj2_AVAsg

Real Edit: Wait, the co-op is being added later? I feel cheated.

I thought you could already go to other people's farms.

Well it's whatever. I'll get it eventually.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Either I just watched that episode a few days ago or there is more than one episode where they use that word. I'm leaning towards the latter.
D & S
meet their long lost brother?

shira

With an eye towards The Manila Major Qualifiers, running May 3 – 6 with Open Qualifiers on April 29 – May 2,

all teams must finalize roster changes by March 27.

Rosters will remain locked from that date through completion of play at The International, making this the final opportunity for players and teams to choose their squads for the remainder of the competitive season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lRZ4Z6o-6U

Dota 2 - The Manila Major

THESE SFM WOW

June 7-12
ESL Frankfurt the following week June 18-19

Man, only 2 months inbetween major and TI? That seems rather short, will there even be a patch? Something minor at least.

Assuming we get 6.87 before Manilla, and that it isn't total trash, I hope there's just a minor number tweaking balance patch between Manilla and TI. Lets the meta breathe a bit more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man, only 2 months inbetween major and TI? That seems rather short, will there even be a patch? Something minor at least.

I assume there will be something, but it would likely be a smaller patch. Likely our next really big change won't be until post TI6. The 6.87 Spring Cleaning Update will likely define TI6's meta for the most part, with the Post-Manilla patch mostly nerfing the OP heroes of 6.87.

shira

I assume there will be something, but it would likely be a smaller patch. Likely our next really big change won't be until post TI6. The 6.87 Spring Cleaning Update will likely define TI6's meta for the most part, with the Post-Manilla patch mostly nerfing the OP heroes of 6.87.

I don't even know how they are going to sell TI compendiums or perpare relevant TI6 immortals. The TI5 one was dropped on May 1.

The majors also made them undo last years great change of announcing the dates for TI like back in January. Flights and lodging aren't getting cheaper.

Demoli

Did we ever get a patch in between qualifiers and the main event? They say in the blog post that Qualifiers for TI start on June as well

shira

Did we ever get a patch in between qualifiers and the main event? They say in the blog post that Qualifiers for TI start on June as well

"Looking ahead to The International 2016, Regional Qualifiers will be held in the second half of June, right after conclusion of The Manila Major, with the Main Event set for early August in Seattle to determine which team will carry the Aegis of Champions into the next year."

That is going to be oversaturation in June

Manila Major
TI Qualifiers
ESL Frankfurt

"Looking ahead to The International 2016, Regional Qualifiers will be held in the second half of June, right after conclusion of The Manila Major, with the Main Event set for early August in Seattle to determine which team will carry the Aegis of Champions into the next year."

That is going to be oversaturation in June

Manila Major
TI Qualifiers
ESL Frankfurt
Yea the pacing sounds absolutely awful. One too many majors, I think. Dump China or Manilla next year and get the production right. Done.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't even know how they are going to sell TI compendiums or perpare relevant TI6 immortals. The TI5 one was dropped on May 1.

Spring Battle Pass from April First to June 15th.

TI6 Compendium from June 16th until end of August.

I'm sure the prize pool and hats will be fine. All the Valve released items for the last two majors were TI5 left overs, the unique stuff is normally just some particle effects or custom textures on community stuff.

Also, GAF is pretty bad at math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom