• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universe leaving?

Cant imagine they would favour Zai over their best player.
dac15_face.gif

He's probably just trolling. Id be very surprised if universe leaves at all

hylian how are you still arguing that diffusal makes omni completely useless when it'd be impossible for his winrate in higher skill tiers to be this high if that were true? You HAVE to get diffusal vs Omni because it's autolose 90% of the time if nobody does, it is not an autowin.
inkls why do u hate strong independent support heroes

why do u hate fun

Hylian7

Wait a second

Not to dredge up old arguments, but wasn't Hylian making the whole "diffusal is too situational to counter omni" argument in this very thread a while ago?

or am I misremembering

Thanks!

I think you're misremembering, I don't remember making any argument like that. I've always been a proponent of buying Diffusal vs Omni.

hylian how are you still arguing that diffusal makes omni completely useless when it'd be impossible for his winrate in higher skill tiers to be this high if that were true? You HAVE to get diffusal vs Omni because it's autolose 90% of the time if nobody does, it is not an autowin.

The thing is, hasn't his winrate always been high in pubs? I don't know how long that MMR division thing was part of Dotabuff, so I can't pull accurate data on previous patches, but he's been #1 (or close to #1) in winrate in pubs for a long time now.

Icefrog balances for pro level Dota. While he doesn't often balance things that arise from high level pubs, he has in the past before. A few examples that come to mind are Meepo and Earth Spirit. I don't think Omni is one of those cases though.

Could he use a light nerf? Maybe. The fact that he still isn't pickable in pro games says a lot though, and this isn't Meepo, where playing him takes an entire other set of skills.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Team would rather push top lane against a T3 tower than push mid for free, wide open rax. Had to get a bit aggressive on the mic and strongarm them to prevent us throwing against this ridiculous lineup (yup, offlane slark and jungle wk).

Easy +73 mmr for the day though.

for the record stinkls I was always harsh on who?bear's "storm is inherently op and needs a remake" shenanigans.

so harsh he fled POTA, in fact.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
for the record stinkls I was always harsh on who?bear's "storm is inherently op and needs a remake" shenanigans.

so harsh he fled POTA, in fact.

the fact that u think that my not being in pota much has anything to do with your poor quality opinions and not the fact that i don't listen to kpop.......

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Which is one entire fifth of their team. It's not a bad investment.

Think of it this way. If there was some item in the game that made Tusk useless during 6.84, you would buy it, right?

if it was an expensive item that only really affected tusk and which my hero didn't want otherwise? it would be a risky proposition.

sis I don't listen to kpop except for that one taeyeoncé song they linked once, neither does the mexican

anyway, I just successfully rescued my shit from a failing HDD and upgraded to a SSD AND upgraded (?) to W10 all in a single night...... my word this will all take some getting used to (only 40 GB left free space on SSD (worry))

How is win10 these days? I need to upgrade before freebie is gone, but I've heard pretty mixed reviews. How's compatibility with win7 programs?

manfestival

I think you're misremembering, I don't remember making any argument like that. I've always been a proponent of buying Diffusal vs Omni.

but there's gotta be better ways.... right?

How is win10 these days? I need to upgrade before freebie is gone, but I've heard pretty mixed reviews. How's compatibility with win7 programs?

I actually quite enjoy it and I went from using w7 all the time. It is a far more enjoyable experience than w8 for me. It is really fast too which is a nice plus.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Just read every word. Quality article Quesa! I really really wish more (any?!) pro players set an example for their fans that all the sexist and racist shit isn't cool. I love Bulldog the memer as much as the next guy, but it pisses me off when the hate speech comes in his donations and he plays along with and encourages it. He's notorious for playing up chauvinism for laughs too and while I'm sure he means it harmlessly when playing with his "grills," it sets a bad example for all the idiot teens and 20-somethings in his chat.

Russ T

Banned
I think it was... was it Puppey? One of the P-dudes, I'm pretty sure??, once wrote a blog post or something railing against the people who are overly dismissive of lack-of-diversity criticisms. Specifically calling out sexism in the community.

I wish I could remember who it is, because damn, they deserve more respect than a vague recollection.

Quesa

I think it was... was it Puppey? One of the P-dudes, I'm pretty sure??, once wrote a blog post or something railing against the people who are overly dismissive of lack-of-diversity criticisms. Specifically calling out sexism in the community.

I wish I could remember who it is, because damn, they deserve more respect than a vague recollection.

I went looking for it, couldn't find it. Dang. Would be interested in seeing this.

I wouldn't mind if Omni got a rework so he's more viable in comp games and less good in pubs. I have 0% winrate against him. I play no Invoker which is probably part of the problem.

Omni is good in pubs because he gets a free 12 second BKB and gets somewhat reliable 720 health swings with Purification.

Omni is shit in comp play because he is an awful competitive support and has to be played offlane as a result.

There's a start. Make him less level-dependent somehow.

J Jizzle

Had only my third solo ranked game last night and it was such a stomp (more than any pub I've been in).

The pudge had a terrible start and so they basically just gave up within 10 minutes. Maybe it's just because of the MMR I was matched with (around 3k) but I didn't expect them to give up so soon in ranked.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2205829974 - I'm the Witch Doctor

J Jizzle

Nah the pudge went off lane solo for a little bit before the Shadow Shaman joined him after I kept him out of the lane. Viper was mid.

Just didn't expect such a quick game in ranked already. Hope with it being so quick it doesn't go against me in calibration with a lot of the stats being low!

Winning will obviously not decrease your MMR so you should not fret. Quick easy games aren't bad at all even though they provide little opportunity to really shine in terms of KDA, GPM and so forth. Although I guess GPM can potentially be really high if the enemy team just gives up and leaves you to farm the entirety of the map.

I mean, unless you are way better than everyone else on your bracket, which you aren't, wins like these are totally fine. If I were a high MMR booster in a low MMR calibration game I'd probably be unsatisfied with not having the time to tear the enemy team up.

Red UFO

I have now had 3 jungle dragon knights over the past couple of weeks who want to get the set from the quest but are terrified of the laning phase

good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom