• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Oh, and $8.50 for a single day ticket is a very reasonable price for a Major... Stadium better be FULL every single day.

Wow that's extremely reasonable. TI tickets have always been reasonably priced too, I think they jumped to $100 for the whole week when it moved to Key Arena, and they were $50 back at Benaroya Hall.

inkls

I've been running the same necro build and had alot success with.

Mek > atos/guardian grieves > gg/atos > aghs > octarine > sheep/shiva's

Usually decide between gg or atos first based on whether need to purge stuff. You become so hard to kill. +15 hp regen when low, almost 100% uptime on atos with octarine. 50 sec ult.

Dunno about varying it up but its been pretty good.

Hylian7

I don't give a shit if the pros don't pick him Omniknight needs nuking from orbit.

Oh look what came from orbit

diffusal_blade_lg.png

Red UFO

Like, I understand what you're saying, but you're completely missing how great his entire toolkit is. The level of sustain he can bring to a team is unparalleled IMO.

Edit: Hylian, http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/meta sort 5k+ by win rate.

A higher MMR omniknight is even more dangerous than one at lower MMR's if you ask me.

The fact that you think diffusal is enough to remove him makes me think you just haven't played against a good omni (which is entirely possible, he's not exactly super duper popular).

Gross

Wish Valve would be as vigilant in their bans as Riot was, especially for shit like this

I dont care if you flame and act like an idiot in a game, but if you go out of your way to be malicious and a pig you deserve to be removed from the community

but then how does valve make money off of you

Hylian7

Had a really bizarre thing happen just now. I was playing Tinker, there was a Magnus that was definitely below the damage of Level 4 laser. I lasered him, the animation went off, but...nothing? It definitely hit him, he didn't take damage or get blinded. I didn't accidentally hit a creep. I'm downloading the replay as soon as it gets up to see what happened.

Hylian7

the thing with diffusal blade is that while it is a good counter to omniknight, it's awkward on a lineup that doesn't naturally build diffusal

It's not though, it's surprisingly better than you might think. It literally makes one of the heroes on the other team useless. I have bought Diffusal on plenty of non-natural Diffusal carriers and it's worked.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's not though, it's surprisingly better than you might think. It literally makes one of the heroes on the other team useless. I have bought Diffusal on plenty of non-natural Diffusal carriers and it's worked.

it can work, but it's not optimal. worst case scenario, you're sinking 3k gold into a sub-optimal item for your hero build, to counter one hero...and it's not even an enemy core.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's the hero that's keeping their team afloat, seems pretty worth it to me.

it's the hero that's keeping the team afloat if the rest of their team...does nothing.

omniknight boosts the survivability of their cores and lets them do stuff they wouldn't normally be able to do. get rid of that and you're left with...them doing what they're normally able to do, but you're down 3k gold.

so while it can work, it's by no means a home run, and that's reflected in his winrate.

i kind of think of it like card advantage in mtg. buying diffusal just to deal with omniknight is like a 2 for 1. yes you're getting rid of a big problem, but you're investing a lot to do it by missing out on an item you'd rather buy to deal with the rest of their team, and sometimes that's not enough.

[edit] i'm not saying diffusal blade against omniknight is a bad pickup even on heroes that aren't natural diffusal carriers, but it's definitely a fraught proposition

Hylian7

it's the hero that's keeping the team afloat if the rest of their team...does nothing.

omniknight boosts the survivability of their cores and lets them do stuff they wouldn't normally be able to do. get rid of that and you're left with...them doing what they're normally able to do, but you're down 3k gold.

so while it can work, it's by no means a home run, and that's reflected in his winrate.

i kind of think of it like card advantage in mtg. buying diffusal just to deal with omniknight is like a 2 for 1. yes you're getting rid of a big problem, but you're investing a lot to do it by missing out on an item you'd rather buy to deal with the rest of their team, and sometimes that's not enough.

Sure, they still have four people left doing whatever, but you have five now. The odds are in your favor. On top of that, Diffusal is still decent on most Agi carries.

actually, has there been a successful esports event in the Philippines? I just remember a couple of blowups, but those get more attention than well-run events.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sure, they still have four people left doing whatever, but you have five now. The odds are in your favor. On top of that, Diffusal is still decent on most Agi carries.

my point is, you don't have five 'doing whatever', because you have one hero who's invested quite a lot of money into buying an item to counter their position four or five. that's why i say it's like a 2 for 1 trade (if you're buying it on a non-optimal hero just to deal with their omniknight).

inkls

inkls why do u hate strong independent support heroes

because the fat blue mexcian man I loved got shot and was left for dead in a dumpster. Which means every single support player who nodded approvingly to that type of treatment must pay by enduring the same.

Hylian7

my point is, you don't have five 'doing whatever', because you have one hero who's invested quite a lot of money into buying an item to counter their position four or five. that's why i say it's like a 2 for 1 trade (if you're buying it on a non-optimal hero just to deal with their omniknight).

Which is one entire fifth of their team. It's not a bad investment.

Think of it this way. If there was some item in the game that made Tusk useless during 6.84, you would buy it, right?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
wow, how did you win a base race vs an ld and an np?

At the end almost everybody was dead it was the Medusa vs the Furion. I don't even remember where the bear was. Either dead or trying to defend his throne. The Furion mega'd us while we were in their base. I think if he went for our throne instead he would have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom