• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now had 3 jungle dragon knights over the past couple of weeks who want to get the set from the quest but are terrified of the laning phase

good stuff
better than bottle soul ring phase DK
"hey boys it's 25 minutes in and I don't do shit what's up with that ?"

seriously soul ring on DK is absolute cancer. yeah cool for the last 3 minutes of the laning phase you could farm a bit more, then what

Pratfall

better than bottle soul ring phase DK
"hey boys it's 25 minutes in and I don't do shit what's up with that ?"

seriously soul ring on DK is absolute cancer. yeah cool for the last 3 minutes of the laning phase you could farm a bit more, then what

soul ring is fine for offlane dk. with the new dragon blood it provides awesome lane sustain if you have to just use dragons breath for last hits.

it's 800 gold down the drain that won't help for shit later, DK doesn't use the stats at all and in a fight it won't help you one bit, there are a lot of items that help as much and don't become useless 5 minutes later

Anytime I see a DK get a soul ring I know we fucking lost because the early-mid game will be a disaster
I don't know get drum or helm instead. I know it's more expensive but spending 800 gold on SR will delay these a ton

Red UFO

what if the iron talon 2 pooled tangos jungle DK rushed a Midas and finished the game with phase boots and shadow blade where would that fit on your scale

Black's stream ain't bad. I'm glad to have found a new regular stream to watch. I just wish he was a little more...edgy? Being overly courteous is not that exciting. Neither is acting a bad boy but there are people who manage to find a balance and are genuinely interesting to watch. A moderate amount of flaming is fun, really. Blitz, Draskyl and Purge are very good at that.

shira

Pro DK gets soul ring

Pub sees pro game - gets soul ring, sees bloodstone purchase path
facepalm.gif

kionedrik

So we're now comparing an item (Soul Ring) that can literally be completed at the 2 minute mark with items that you get after the lanning stage?

I hope you're proud of the shit you say and I sincerely hope no one reads that and considers it good advice.

SR DK is a great item build in a side lane. Period.

what if the iron talon 2 pooled tangos jungle DK rushed a Midas and finished the game with phase boots and shadow blade where would that fit on your scale
would give him a commend for "epic"
Black's stream ain't bad. I'm glad to have found a new regular stream to watch. I just wish he was a little more...edgy? Being overly courteous is not that exciting. Neither is acting a bad boy but there are people who manage to find a balance and are genuinely interesting to watch. A moderate amount of flaming is fun, really. Blitz, Draskyl and Purge are very good with that.
black is awkward af though, just like xboct, they're just not good public personalities

So we're now comparing an item (Soul Ring) that can literally be completed at the 2 minute mark with items that you get after the lanning stage?

I hope you're proud of the shit you say and I sincerely hope no one reads that and considers it good advice.
yeah right cause DKs in pubs get SR at the 2 minutes mark lmfao
it's more like "oh no I'm getting owned because we picked shit lanes so I'mma get that SR at 10 minutes so I can get 10 extra last hits"

He caters to a young audience and browses Reddit a tad too much but I'm getting used to it. Generally, I prefer streamers who play cores on a high level. Watching Sheever play Mirana/Dazzle/CM/Lich does my head in. Pyrion is reasonably entertaining but not good enough a player. Sheever is legit better but fuck her hero pool. Dazzle/CM/Lich are bottom 10 fun heroes.

Current best streamers:

1. Blitz
2. Draskyl
3. Merlini
4. Purge
5. Bulldog
6. Black
----(this is where it stops being good)
7. Pyrion
8. Wagamama
9. Sheever
10. Shane
11. ODPixel
12. Weedman

And probably a few others. Blitz is generally the best when he solo queues. He is utterly passive aggressive towards anyone in his pubs but it's fun to watch. His emotional outbursts are quite hilarious as well.

I don't watch any streams that are 90% music like RTZ or Envy though.

Sibylus

Banned
Draskyl (I miss the Tony Dota days, good chemistry), Ephy, Sheever, Llama are most of what I watch. Pyrionflax, Shane, ODPixel, AdmiralBulldog if those are not online.

Draskyl ranked solo Q is the best

"I haven't seen that Luna for the past 5 minutes which leads me to believe she has acquired every single gold in the game" haha. Draskyl is really, really good. He could use an update to his playlist though.

marrec

Banned
Well ya Shugg if your DK gets a soul ring 10 mins in of course you're going to lose the game.

When I run offlane DK I can get soul ring in a few minutes, it makes breathe fire an actual threat in lane rather than an occasional annoyance. Later on with Blink Dagger it provides longer term presence in fights.

I dunno, soul ring offlane DK seems essential. What're you building instead in the first 4 mins?

First 4 minutes ? Don't forget you also need to get stuff like boots/treads, wand, TPs, etc.
DK isn't a good lane "threat", he's decent at tanking shit and can safely get a bit of farm with breath, but you're not contesting a lane with that hero especially when playing offlane

I'd rather start saving gold towards early-mid game items such as helm, armlet, drum, blink, than spend 800 gold on a soul ring that will be useless 10 minutes later

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
My fav streams are:

1. Synderen (love watching that guy fucking feed)
2. Zai (ultimate rager, always seems to get brain dead team mates like most of my matches)
3. Bulldog (50% better when he is try harding, for the rage outbursts)
4. Black

Russ T

Banned
I went looking for it, couldn't find it. Dang. Would be interested in seeing this.

I spent like an hour looking for it last night. ): I was hoping someone in here would recognize what I'm talking about and point me in the right direction, haha.

I hope I'm not like making this up. I'd feel awful foolish!

KingKong

I have now had 3 jungle dragon knights over the past couple of weeks who want to get the set from the quest but are terrified of the laning phase

good stuff

I played with a DK that went arcanes into aesther lens into bots, midas, dagon, veil.

it was pretty cool actually, I commended him

Russ T

Banned

good stuff

I first-picked Dragon Knight and ended up having to go solo offlane (which... he's probably fine at? maybe? i don't know metas or whatever) and I was getting rocked, so I switched to the jungle and just let them have top lane. I ended up doing really well!

I wouldn't have picked jungle first, though, haha. It was a move of desperation. And a very slow move, at that. Man it took a long time to catch up on farm. Fortunately I had a very nice and forgiving team who didn't yell at me. :D

marrec

Banned
First 4 minutes ? Don't forget you also need to get stuff like boots/treads, wand, TPs, etc.
DK isn't a good lane "threat", he's decent at tanking shit and can safely get a bit of farm with breath, but you're not contesting a lane with that hero especially when playing offlane

I'd rather start saving gold towards early-mid game items such as helm, armlet, drum, blink, than spend 800 gold on a soul ring that will be useless 10 minutes later

I mean, I hear ya, but if you're good with your build and pick into the right lane you can get soul ring very quickly as DK. It provides him with everything he needs to stay in lane and

soul ring also means you always have mana for a stun

Like godel says it's good for the stun when you need it. It's not like in the modern meta a DK is going to get six slotted before the game ends so having that soul ring + blink dagger to be able to jump back into a fight for a quick stun or even initiate on a squishy back line support is pretty nice.

I wouldn't do it every time though, you're right if you get shut down in lane it's not going to be a catch up item.

I first-picked Dragon Knight and ended up having to go solo offlane (which... he's probably fine at? maybe? i don't know metas or whatever) and I was getting rocked, so I switched to the jungle and just let them have top lane. I ended up doing really well!

I wouldn't have picked jungle first, though, haha. It was a move of desperation. And a very slow move, at that. Man it took a long time to catch up on farm. Fortunately I had a very nice and forgiving team who didn't yell at me. :D

You have to build for sustain in the offlane solo position as DK, max dragons blood and pick up a ring of regen in your opening build. Who were you laning against?

J Jizzle

Are there any streamers who play support role but actually explain why they are doing what they are doing on screen?

Purge on his youtube channel is one of the better ones for that.

I just don't know how you expect to get a quick SR as a solo offlane DK though, his early laning is so fucking ass, he relies or high breath/blood to sustain and last hit efficiently and can get bullied pretty hard until then, so I don't see it

Every time I've seen a DK get a soul ring it was a case of "oh no I'm getting fucked, better get an SR at 10 minutes to get 5 extra last hits"

marrec

Banned
It's not going to work in most lanes tbh, I don't think offlane DK is as strong as I originally wanted him to be this patch, but if you know you're going to have 2-4 minutes of (relatively) uncontested farm to start then you can easily get a soul ring, especially if you pull the dire jungle into lane. Pretty easy to get that camp against a dual safe lane.

kionedrik

Are there any streamers who play support role but actually explain why they are doing what they are doing on screen?

Purge on his youtube channel is one of the better ones for that.

Purge is the only one I know that consistently play support. Others like Draskyl or Zai random from time to time and sometimes end up playing the support role.

marrec

Banned
if you think lich isn't fun you haven't purchased blink on him yet

I'm so awful at positioning as support I'm just going to go blink on every single one.

Played a WD game yesterday where I fed 11 kills and we still won. I just don't know where to stand to be able to contribute without getting blow'd up.

Friendly reminder that you can cast two SoFs in a row as ember if kotl casts chakra magic on you

yall have your 2 mins hate sessions over League being "inflexible" but the moment someone suggests something interesting and fun like blink lich or atos reSpectHer or refresher miranda or octarine ABadOne or silver edge chen it's all "but muh optimal gameplay"

literally nobody here plays a high enough level where that's game losing shit, get into shaming the enemy when you haunt into their ass and atos them as you hack away

but stay being boring I guess zZz

octarine aba is legit good with aghs, you and your team become unkillable
add radiance on top of that for funsies

yall have your 2 mins hate sessions over League being "inflexible" but the moment someone suggests something interesting and fun like blink lich or atos reSpectHer or refresher miranda or octarine ABadOne or silver edge chen it's all "but muh optimal gameplay"

literally nobody here plays a high enough level where that's game losing shit, get into shaming the enemy when you haunt into their ass and atos them as you hack away

Twookie

quoted for truth

inkls

^ what he said

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

Hey, DV and I actually play League we have the moral high ground *to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom