• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yesterday when i lookde at the dota 2 streams on twitch i think about 7 out of the top 10 were just girls with their tiddies out and two of them were karaoke

yall have your 2 mins hate sessions over League being "inflexible" but the moment someone suggests something interesting and fun like blink lich or atos reSpectHer or refresher miranda or octarine ABadOne or silver edge chen it's all "but muh optimal gameplay"

literally nobody here plays a high enough level where that's game losing shit, get into shaming the enemy when you haunt into their ass and atos them as you hack away

but stay being boring I guess zZz
Who am I gonna blame my -25 on!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yall have your 2 mins hate sessions over League being "inflexible" but the moment someone suggests something interesting and fun like blink lich or atos reSpectHer or refresher miranda or octarine ABadOne or silver edge chen it's all "but muh optimal gameplay"

literally nobody here plays a high enough level where that's game losing shit, get into shaming the enemy when you haunt into their ass and atos them as you hack away

but stay being boring I guess zZz

I'm not good enough to go for fun builds and still win
dac15_sad.gif

Russ T

Banned
You have to build for sustain in the offlane solo position as DK, max dragons blood and pick up a ring of regen in your opening build. Who were you laning against?

Yeah I tried to do that, hah. I was up against Legion Commander and Silencer. He'd just curse me constantly, so I couldn't do anything. Had to stay far back, but it wasn't far enough back, 'cause they kept pulling. I definitely made mistakes pushing too far up more than once, but yeah. Had to abandon that lane because otherwise I wasn't going to get anything.

Once I switched to the jungle and got some levels and a bit of gold, Vengeful Spirit went top to defend and I TP'd in and we got some kills. Eventually went BKB/Vlads and just kinda backed up the PA on my team as best I could. Worked out okay!

marrec

Banned
Yeah I tried to do that, hah. I was up against Legion Commander and Silencer. He'd just curse me constantly, so I couldn't do anything. Had to stay far back, but it wasn't far enough back, 'cause they kept pulling. I definitely made mistakes pushing too far up more than once, but yeah. Had to abandon that lane because otherwise I wasn't going to get anything.

Once I switched to the jungle and got some levels and a bit of gold, Vengeful Spirit went top to defend and I TP'd in and we got some kills. Eventually went BKB/Vlads and just kinda backed up the PA on my team as best I could. Worked out okay!

Ya you definitely needed some help to stop them pulling but LC and Silencer early should be lane that DK can get good farm out of tbh. Hell even if they're pulling you can pop in with a breathe fire to steal a bunch of farm if you time it right.

I'm a big fan of pulling in the dire offlane now, especially as DS and DK, that might've helped you maintain lane equilibrium.

Russ T

Banned
Ya you definitely needed some help to stop them pulling but LC and Silencer early should be lane that DK can get good farm out of tbh. Hell even if they're pulling you can pop in with a breathe fire to steal a bunch of farm if you time it right.

I'm a big fan of pulling in the dire offlane now, especially as DS and DK, that might've helped you maintain lane equilibrium.

I actually tried pulling once and ended up dying 'cause silence had been hiding in a little crook of trees and I guess they had it warded and they jumped me!! For sure a ward would've helped a lot, though.

G.ZZZ

I played a game after 2 months only because i wanted to see my report card.

I got 4 reports and 1 commend.

Hate me or love me. Literally Donald Trump

Ah i won obviously, because i'm winner like Donald Trump.

Chris R

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/01/the-dota-majors/

"The International 2016 kicks off beneath the mid-August Seattle sun."

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/the-manila-major-tickets/

Looking ahead to The International 2016, Regional Qualifiers will be held in the second half of June, right after conclusion of The Manila Major, with the Main Event set for early August in Seattle to determine which team will carry the Aegis of Champions into the next year.

Just give me a date Volvo so I can see if I can get the vacation or not (guessing not :( )

8-13 are bad, 15-20 are good, but they can't turn the arena around in a single day for Demi & Nick so I'm guessing it has to be 8-13.

Sheever is honestly a terrible dota player, i dont watch flax but theres no way he is worse.

Not that much between them but Pyrion is a tad worse. He's also surprisingly salty but in a more mature manner and less of a 17yo rage kid. However, it's a different kind of passive aggressiveness than Blitz. I think Blitz hides his rages really poorly.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Nice one yar. What steps did you take to improve?

yarden24

Gratz! How far have you climbed?

I hope eventually to get above 3k at least.

I mean my party mmr is pretty much the same, but I calibrated at 3.3k solo mmr.
when I started playing mmr wasnt public yet, so I assume its higher then what most new players start at.

good job king yarden

soon you'll have beaten my mmr, they grow up so fast
Svv6D3J.gif

you've taught me everything I know.

Nice one yar. What steps did you take to improve?

I randomed every game, no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom