• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rarest achievement is building an aghs on keeper and winning after level 16? And only .4% of the playerbase has done that?1?

Only .05% of players have won 10+ ranked games

What the hell.

Edit: Wait, I think I see the issue. Its not .05% have won 10+ games, it .05% have "Completed" the Achievement, which is win 2,000 ranked games.

Hylian7

Yeah but last hitting with Drow before 6 is terrible :/

Amazon.co.jp shipping games overseas is pretty huge :D I wonder if they'll loosen the restrictions on Japanese Kindle manga too.

I wish the 3DS was region free, I might have ordered SMT4 Final that way if it was. Atlus is dragging their feet on announcing the localization and it's making me nervous.

I wish the 3DS was region free, I might have ordered SMT4 Final that way if it was. Atlus is dragging their feet on announcing the localization and it's making me nervous.

Yeah I held out on getting a 3DS forever because it wasn't region free, ended up going "Fuck it, all the games I care about I want to play in Japanese anyway" and just got a Japanese one.

I think im really improving as ember

87f11b2f33.jpg

Chris R

YUP, Tesla Ranger is so much fun. Thought the game was gonna be rough since I was with Centar against a WR/Viper lane, just played conservative and came out with an ultra kill to end the game 35 mins in.

Atlus has always taken their time with these things, regardless of if the console generation is coming to a close. SMT4 did very well, so I wouldn't worry.

manfestival

So to those that have gone to previous internationals. I want to know how much these trips cost overall. I mean ticket, hotel, travel, eating expenses, and please do not include spending money on merchandise as I am well aware as to that in itself could even go up to the price of a trip.

Chris R

So to those that have gone to previous internationals. I want to know how much these trips cost overall. I mean ticket, hotel, travel, eating expenses, and please do not include spending money on merchandise as I am well aware as to that in itself could even go up to the price of a trip.

Flight: $300
Travel: $6 (one train ticket down, one train ticket back)
Hotel: A lot ($1k+), but I paid to have a room in a hotel. Others have done the hostel or Air-BnB for much less than what I paid.
Eating: ~$25 a day. Free breakfast, $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner.
Drinking/other consumable material: varied, probably $150 the entire trip.

Hylian7

I think about $3500 for the entire trip, not 100% sure on that, and that depends on secret shop, drinks and stuff.

For hotel, flight, and ticket I think the total was around $3000

Edit: Streaming a few pub games, it's been forever since I've streamed. https://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

manfestival

Flight: $300
Travel: $6 (one train ticket down, one train ticket back)
Hotel: A lot ($1k+), but I paid to have a room in a hotel. Others have done the hostel or Air-BnB for much less than what I paid.
Eating: ~$25 a day. Free breakfast, $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner.
Drinking/other consumable material: varied, probably $150 the entire trip.

I think about $3500 for the entire trip, not 100% sure on that, and that depends on secret shop, drinks and stuff.

For hotel, flight, and ticket I think the total was around $3000

Edit: Streaming a few pub games, it's been forever since I've streamed. https://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

hot dang fellas... that is quite a bit of dosh. Especially on your part hylian. I was considering doing this but the trip is really expensive. I guess that really falls on what hotel you get I suppose and where you come from. ugh... Was really thinking of doing TI6 too

hot dang fellas... that is quite a bit of dosh. Especially on your part hylian. I was considering doing this but the trip is really expensive. I guess that really falls on what hotel you get I suppose and where you come from. ugh... Was really thinking of doing TI6 too

i flew from houston and my flight was pretty expensive, like $500-600. i stayed at a friends place so lodging was fine for me. food was like $25-30/day.

Chris R

The lodging is the expensive part really. Hotel prices in downtown Seattle get crazy expensive :(

Would probably be cheaper to not stay downtown, but I enjoyed walking everywhere I needed instead of having to drive or take transit every single day.

have you ever looked at a breakdown of the cost? it's literally like £40 for the ticket and £650 in taxes and airport fees. crazy.

nah, but it seems so clear it must be a scam. Especially with the price of fuel (at least in the US) being quite low right now.

IIRC, I think I read something about how when gas prices started to fall, people were anticipating airfare to drop as well, and it didn't.

Hylian7

Actually, thinking about it, I forgot to factor in that I stayed for 3 days after TI5 in Seattle. My girlfriend came up after TI was over and we did Seattle stuff (neither of us had been before). So really if you're just doing TI, a little cheaper than that. If I go to TI6, I won't be staying after.

On top of that, yeah, like you said, hotels can be expensive. You could settle for something dirt cheap, or Airbnb or something. Personally, I'm too uncomfortable with Airbnb, but I can see the appeal of it.

Oh and whatever you do, don't fly Delta. Horrible experiences with them.

marrec

Banned
Delta is awesome. I fly 30-40 times a year and Delta is the one I try to book most.

I'm trying to arrange it to where I'll be in seattle for the majors this year via work so that I don't have to pay for the flight or the hotel. Keep me in your prayers GAF.

Chris R

nah, but it seems so clear it must be a scam. Especially with the price of fuel (at least in the US) being quite low right now.

IIRC, I think I read something about how when gas prices started to fall, people were anticipating airfare to drop as well, and it didn't.

It will drop in the future. I was probably going to go to Seattle for my Birthday to watch some baseball since I'm 99.999% sure I won't be able to go to TI and a round trip flight was only $159

Makes sense. Might just be a timing thing, though.

And Delta is comparable to most other airlines I've been on. I've flown them for probably over 100,000 miles without any more issue than anyone else.

marrec

Banned
Makes sense. Might just be a timing thing, though.

And Delta is comparable to most other airlines I've been on. I've flown them for probably over 100,000 miles without any more issue than anyone else.

The only issues I've had are with budget airlines losing my bags. I pick Delta most often because the extra legroom seats also come with a free booze drink and since I'm always buying extra legroom anyway (I'm tall) might as well get the ones with free booze right?

GorillaJu

I haven't flown Delta in forever. I almost always fly Singapore Airlines because they have cheap flights direct from LA <-> Narita.

Hylian7

My girlfriend's bag was open and everything was dumped out. Delta had it seperate from the baggage claim and didn't bother saying anything about it. We couldn't find it until someone else saw a couple of bags in front of Delta's office. She grabbed it, noticed the zipper was broken, but didn't think anything of it until we got home.

We got home and it looked like someone rummaged through it. There was no TSA notice, she bought 4 mugs as gifts and wrapped and padded them well. 3/4 of them were smashed. 2 of my demiheroes were in her bag and Bloodseeker was missing (thankfully he was buried in her clothes).

Needless to say, we were not happy about that, especially not saying anything. I called and put in a claim for it, gave them estimated value and Delta sent us a check a few weeks later.

Chris R

I'm partial to Alaskan, but that's because it's my main flight out of the state 90% of the time.

Ever since Jet Blue added a summer Seattle/Anchorage route though, I've been using that since it's usually the cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom