• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
someone didnt play OoE, or at least, not for more than 2 hours. It's worth it man.

I beat it.

Don't tell me you don't remember the card system in CotM and the arena
CotM was so fucking good. Below AoS but still.

CotM is legit but double tapping a direction to get your sprint on always annoyed the shit out of me and murdered my thumb. Also I played it on first gen GBA hardware, so, you know, that was a nightmare.

Russ T

Banned
Oh yeah I never played Mass Effect 3. Of course to get there I'd need to replay the first two games.

There's also the DA:I DLC that I never played but do own...

Not sure I'm in the mood for a big RPG, though.

Man, what you do (not just in your threads but everywhere) is not "expressing minority opinions and spicing them up with catchy titles" it's "expressing minority opinions as though they're self evident facts that you can't be bothered to defend". People react poorly not because they're unpopular, but because they're dogmatic and obnoxious.

If that is your opinion, so be it.

I beat it.

CotM is legit but double tapping a direction to get your sprint on always annoyed the shit out of me and murdered my thumb. Also I played it on first gen GBA hardware, so, you know, that was a nightmare.
That's nothing, back when I first played it I didn't understand shit about english, so I got stuck for a very long time at the beginning of the game right after getting the dash because it's required to advance at this point of the game

Oh yeah I never played Mass Effect 3. Of course to get there I'd need to replay the first two games.

There's also the DA:I DLC that I never played but do own...

Not sure I'm in the mood for a big RPG, though.
ME3 made me retroactively hate the entire series.
mass effect gets an insane free pass on the truckloads of sheer jank. it's barely even playable now.

The first one? Could be worse, the having to do inventory management every 5 minutes was most annoying.

bounchfx

I beat it.

then how the shit are you going to say there wasn't a castle. It was there and it was huge! I actually enjoyed the lead-up to it, made getting there feel more meaningful and built hype along the way. I can understand some purists thinking it should be there from the start but I'm glad they mixed it up a bit, i'd go nuts if igavanias were just madden or assassins creed and had the same shit every time, but I admire how they manage to put new ideas and gameplay mechanisms each title. Hopefully bloodstained is rad.

manfestival

I always enjoy watching blacks stream far more than other people lately. How is this man not in a top team yet?!
I really enjoyed the dialogue aspect of mass effect. It really drew me in and the story was fun enough as it was which made me willing to put up with the awful rpg elements that people seem to praise for some reason. I felt like mass effect 2 really improved the game in every way. To me ME2 is one of the best games of all time.

I only ever played that game in 2007 and the jank was absolutely noticeable even then. Its playability was really no good and the game's strengths didn't make up for how bad a video game it was in my opinion (it's hardly a Planescape: Torment). Also, it was an utterly shallow RPG by industry standards and by Bioware standards. This was one of the very few cases where I didn't mind the reduction of RPG elements in its sequel because the original game had done fuck all with them.

Russ T

Banned
ME3 made me retroactively hate the entire series.

I'm not the type of person that would let a bad ending ruin an otherwise great series. Not that I think everyone should be like me, that's just not who I am. I mean I already know what the ending is, too, 'cause I don't give a shit about spoilers. So that might make the letdown feel less letdowny for me? Who knows!

Also, for the record, Mass Effect 1 is infinitely superior to Mass Effect 2.

Also also, for the record, the best part of Mass Effect 1 is everything on the Citadel.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
then how the shit are you going to say there wasn't a castle. It was there and it was huge! I actually enjoyed the lead-up to it, made getting there feel more meaningful and built hype along the way. I can understand some purists thinking it should be there from the start but I'm glad they mixed it up a bit, i'd go nuts if igavanias were just madden or assassins creed and had the same shit every time, but I admire how they manage to put new ideas and gameplay mechanisms each title. Hopefully bloodstained is rad.

Been almost a decade since I played thru it but I remember the Castle being smaller, more linear and less interesting than every Castleroid before it because it was just a fraction of the overall explorable area of the game. Like a dim facsimile of all the ones they did before it, they just went thru and checked boxes for all the areas they needed (library, clock tower, etc).

Also they stashed the meat of that game behind one of the worst bosses in Castleroid history, that god damned tower crab.

M.D

I was so tired today I couldn't even realize I needed to place a box on a button inside of Jabu Jabu after I finished the entire dungeon. Spent hours running around looking for Ruto because I thought there's no way to open that door without her

I was so tired today I couldn't even realize I needed to place a box on a button inside of Jabu Jabu after I finished the entire dungeon. Spent hours running around looking for Ruto because I thought there's no way to open that door without her
Now try the master quest jabu jabu for more funsies

The castle was noticeably smaller than in the Castlevanias that consisted of a (or two) castle(s) only but it was still quite long, and including the stages to the castle this game was no shorter than the others.

Mass Effect 3 did turn the entire series from a 8/10 to a 5/10 retroactively for me. It wasn't necessarily just the game being bad (the ending gets focused on, but the entire game was garbage), it was because the first 2 games teased really big things and 3 didn't deliver on any promises.

For example, I don't think the Matrix sequels diminish the original, since the original was pretty stand-alone, but Mass Effect 1 and 2 leaned heavily on setting up a bigger plot that didn't pan out.

Nah master quest is OOT with every dungeon remade, some of them are insane, namely jabu jabu
Water temple is easier in it though

You can play MQ on the 3DS version, unlocks after beating the game

kionedrik

I only ever played that game in 2007 and the jank was absolutely noticeable even then. Its playability was really no good and the game's strengths didn't make up for how bad a video game it was in my opinion (it's hardly a Planescape: Torment). Also, it was an utterly shallow RPG by industry standards and by Bioware standards. This was one of the very few cases where I didn't mind the reduction of RPG elements in its sequel because the original game had done fuck all with them.

Am I reading it wrong or are you bashing PS:T gameplay?

kionedrik

PS:T played like every other Infinity Engine game (like BG or IWD), yet it's the only one whose "playability" isn't accessible...
Would love to see some people play RPGs in the mid-90s.

domstah

In This Thread: People who once played DOTA2 discuss the merits of games from a completely different genre.

I myself have sworn of the accursed game for the loving embrace The Division which I'm enjoying a lot more than any of BioWare's three piss-poor attempts to make a shooter.

Russ T

Banned
hey i played dota last night

and won

as tiny, the first hero i really devoted time to learning, and still one of my favorite heroes

get at me

(blink on tiny for life)

ofc blink on tiny is amazing
got a tiny on my team yesterday, he got blink but somehow didn't even know how the combo works. also missed a ton of avalanches.

Sibylus

Banned
Draskyl playing to a playlist of entirely "Shake It Off" on stream atm
troll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom