• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
They crushed quite a few games at last TI. They were showing some results before that, as well. That's what? 3 or 4 patches?

They're good.

The issues CDEC had, and the issue MVP might run in to, aren't about patches. They're about being too homogeneous. MVP seems to mix things up just enough that this won't be as big of an issue as it was for CDEC, however.

At last TI they literally went 8-11, beating (taking more matches than losing them) only Newbee, Empire, and iG. Of those 3 only Empire did well in the group stages, and they tanked in the main event, the only worthwhile result they had was forcing Secret to a 1-1. I would hardly say they crushed at TI5, more that they had one of the easier paths (playing Newbee in single elim, and Empire in the second round who was underperforming like mad). I bet Na'vi and Fnatic would have loved to play Newbee rather than VG and VP respectively.

Prior to that we have a string of mediocre finishes in primarily Asian tournaments and failure to qualify for a bunch of major events. It wasn't until recently that they started going toe-to-toe with the likes of EG and outperforming Chinese teams. I think they are going to drop off once the meta shifts and then probably switch up their lineup after a mediocre Manilla Major.

shira

Recent Results
March 20 Dota Pit 4 (Prizepool $195k) 1st MVPP, 2nd EG, 3rd CoL/Navi
March 5 Shanghai Major ($3000k) 1st Secret, 2nd Liquid, 3rd EG
Jan 31 MDL Winter ($277k) 1st Ehome, 2nd EG, 3rd OG
Jan 17 Starladder/iLeague S13 ($300k) 1st [A], 2nd EG, 3rd LGD/Liquid

#ROADTOTI6

KGwfCWq.png

t1459148400z4.png

Manila Roster Lock May 27 midnight PDT

(?)Unannounced Starladder Event (sometime in April)
?:?

t1461380400z1.png

ESL Manila Mall of Asia Arena (Apr 23-24)
$250k: Ehome, Liquid, Secret, Mineski, Empire, CoL, +2

t1461924000z1.png

Weplay S3 Kiev International Exhibition Centre (Apr 29-May 1)
$200k: EG, OG, VP, Elite Wolves, Fnatic, Vega, Liquid, Navi

Mainla Open Qualifiers (Apr 29-May 1)
Manila Regional Qualifiers (May 3-6)

t1462788000z1.png

EPICENTER Crocus City Hall Moscow (May 9-15)
$500k: VP, Alliance, Secret, OG, EG, [A], +4

t1463824800z1.png

DreamLeague 5 Monster Energy DreamHack Studios Stockholm (May 21-22)
$100k: +4

t1465272000z1.png

Manila Major Mall of Asia Arena (Jun 7-12)
$3000k? : +16

TI6 Regional Qualifiers: 2nd half of June

t1466154000z1.png

ESL Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena (Jun 18-19)
$250k: +8

t1468432800z4.png

Summit 5 BTS House LA (Jul 13-17)
?: ?

t1470852000z4.png

Early-August: The International 2016, Key Arena Seattle
(My guess = Groups: Jul 28-31, Stadium: Aug 3-7)

i'm around 3.3k bracket and still don't get oracle's spells
am i doing it right

There's like a DoT\HoT (heals more than it damages), a decrepify-esque ability that amplifies healing but prevents physical damage (I think it also disarms), and a channeled nuke with a snare at the end. Then his ult is like a single target invulnerability where all damage is staggered until it expires, as is healing but the healing is amplified. I think...

I'm at 3.5k solo and I see Oracle once a month at best. I've never seen Arc Warden.

i'm around 3.3k bracket and still don't get oracle's spells
am i doing it right
Oracle is cool as hell. Basically 2 simple combos but all his skills work together super harmoniously.

Q: channeled snare that purges. Channel is proportional to snare duration. Purges on hit.

W: disarms and gives 100% magic resist. Amplifies physical damage on target.

E: initial magic nuke, but applies a heal over time effect that heals a little bit more than the nuke.

R: removes rebuffs on initial cast and then delays all damage and healing until end of duration, at which point it's all summed and dealt at once. Healing is amplified.

So basically you got your 2 combos with E, depending on if you want the heal or the nuke.

W+E: heals. The disarm will block the magic nuke, so only the heal applies. Pretty potent even in the late game with more than 1 level (2 is a huge value point)

Q+E: nukes. Since Q purges on hit, you can channel it, and then during travel time use your E to nuke, the heal of which immediately is purged by Q. Hard with ping, and you have to know your E range, but satisfying and decent damage.

Might be something I'm missing since I haven't played a he'll of a lot of attention to his changes in patch notes, but I think this is all true.

kionedrik

Q+E: nukes. Since Q purges on hit, you can channel it, and then during travel time use your E to nuke, the heal of which immediately is purged by Q. Hard with ping, and you have to know your E range, but satisfying and decent damage.

Can you actually do this? I remember trying this when he came out but never managed to achieve it, which might be my inability to perform the combo and not the impossibility of it being done. Ended up doing E followed by Q with near 0 channel time.

noobfromua is re-streaming the c9 vs SFZ match aka longest match in the prodota.
feat. sniper highground defense bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF7LQxQ4zss

Can you actually do this? I remember trying this when he came out but never managed to achieve it, which might be my inability to perform the combo and not the impossibility of it being done. Ended up doing E followed by Q with near 0 channel time.

Yes you can do it. But you have to be 200 units away or something.
I cringe when pro players do NOT do it that way.

Yeah, I believe so, but it's certainly not easy. It's entirely possible that it's no longer possible or I'm misremembering. Dumb of me not to put the easier way though, regardless.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
What dota YouTube channels do you guys watch? Currently subscribed to

• Merlini
    Purge
    Bren Dota
    Dota Cinema
    Dota Watafak
    Pyrion Flax

Wouldn't mind picking up a few more

Gurupathik - he hasn't put up content in awhile though..
Dota 2 pro - laziest fucking channel ever but it serves its purpose if I ever want to see pro players in pubs.

Lotto

There's like a DoT\HoT (heals more than it damages), a decrepify-esque ability that amplifies healing but prevents physical damage (I think it also disarms), and a channeled nuke with a snare at the end. Then his ult is like a single target invulnerability where all damage is staggered until it expires, as is healing but the healing is amplified. I think...

I'm at 3.5k solo and I see Oracle once a month at best. I've never seen Arc Warden.

Oracle is cool as hell. Basically 2 simple combos but all his skills work together super harmoniously.

Q: channeled snare that purges. Channel is proportional to snare duration. Purges on hit.

W: disarms and gives 100% magic resist. Amplifies physical damage on target.

E: initial magic nuke, but applies a heal over time effect that heals a little bit more than the nuke.

R: removes rebuffs on initial cast and then delays all damage and healing until end of duration, at which point it's all summed and dealt at once. Healing is amplified.

So basically you got your 2 combos with E, depending on if you want the heal or the nuke.

W+E: heals. The disarm will block the magic nuke, so only the heal applies. Pretty potent even in the late game with more than 1 level (2 is a huge value point)

Might be something I'm missing since I haven't played a he'll of a lot of attention to his changes in patch notes, but I think this is all true.

solid info guys, thanks! maybe one day i'll muster up the courage to play this fine specimen of a hero.

solid info guys, thanks! maybe one day i'll muster up the courage to play this fine specimen of a hero.
Honestly he's not bad. The disarm can fuck you up if used poorly, but if you find a carry to duo with, you can generally communicate enough to get the heals you need, without fucking them over when trying to trade or last hit.

In team fights, try to sit in the back and hold your ult a bit until your carry gets nuked or disabled. Pop a couple Es on them, and an urn or Mek or whatever you have to heal them up. Disarm the enemy carry if your team isn't relying on magic to kill him.

Rmecently played with Gaf stack alongside a TA and a Phoenix, both of which seem to synergize quite well since you can disarm someone hitting the egg, and TA can take heals without a disarm via refraction. Also good vs omni, who's a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom