• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I thought part of the purpose of the major structure was to cut down on the constant team reshuffling. I can watch essentially any CS:GO tournament from the last two years and see pretty much the exact same Na'Vi, Fnatic, EnVy, or VP team. Dota 2 teams shatter even after winning major tournaments. The same players shuffle around every 3 fucking months.

But this is half the fun. It's fucking chaos.

The king has just been executed and we are showering in their blood.

Qvoth

if fear and sumail does go to dc then dc might actually be the top na team
unless you count new secret as na
but definitely top 2, so aui is finally right lol

I thought part of the purpose of the major structure was to cut down on the constant team reshuffling. I can watch essentially any CS:GO tournament from the last two years and see pretty much the exact same Na'Vi, Fnatic, EnVy, or VP team. Dota 2 teams shatter even after winning major tournaments. The same players shuffle around every 3 fucking months.

If that was the plan it has backfired spectacularly and it's very easy to see why. Putting a small gap between Million-dollar tournaments puts teams in a pressure cooker to perform or get kicked. When there was only one really huge money tournament and lots of small events, rosters had time to gel and get comfortable with each other in low-pressure situations. Work out kinks, etc. In this new pro scene you have to hit the ground running or everyone starts panicking.

I'm pretty sure if we were talking about Dota before The Majors introduction, EG would still be EG and Secret would have stayed put up to and through TI6.

if fear and sumail does go to dc then dc might actually be the top na team
unless you count new secret as na
but definitely top 2, so aui is finally right lol

EG then drops PPDs team and becomes the new sponsor of DC and the cycle is complete.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Its odd. Its actually is causing some clear stability in some of the "Tier 2, gets 9-16th place at Majors" teams. A lot of smaller teams I feel would break up, now stick together after having moderate success. Whats different is the top Western players seem to be in a constant shuffle. I think thats more due to a number of the best players and captains actually having very poor attitudes though.

I guess what the major system is doing is forcing teams to confront their issues, due to having a clock on their backs. I think a few years and a lot of the scene will weed some of the more problematic players (And NA is full of them)

KingKong

lol that DC team is going to flame out super quick

Really suprising that if ppd was the problem they wouldnt force him out and and at least have Fear + Sumail stay on EG, how good can DCs money be compared to GGA

Qvoth

yeah, real shame about w33
so rtz's basically back on mid again, but his only good mid hero that's on the meta right now is od right?

shira

lol that DC team is going to flame out super quick

Really suprising that if ppd was the problem they wouldnt force him out and and at least have Fear + Sumail stay on EG, how good can DCs money be compared to GGA

- $4k vs $10k+ a month
- unknown how much of a cut EG takes from prize winnings though - could be 20-40%
- EG also provided a teamhouse

There should be a deadline for teams to lock the players they are keeping in the middle of the roster change period. That way free agents have enough time to find another team and not get fucked over by getting let go 8/5/2 etc days before the lock.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beefjioejjdkeeeebbgdmpfeaocjpmhm/ - Give it 60 mins or so.

3JilAXv.png

Also the Spring update includes vector targeting for custom games and future
heroes

shira

There should be a deadline for teams to lock the players they are keeping in the middle of the roster change period. That way free agents have enough time to find another team and not get fucked over by getting let go 8/5/2 etc days before the lock.

That's part of the strategy it seems.

fr0st

Banned
guys I have a problem

whenever I play I get randomly disconnected and my MODEM soft resets.

It has only happened with dota and im confused as to why its happening.

I verified the game files but I dont want to change anything else cause it might cause some problems.

Anyone had this problem before?

so any takers on this. Only happened recently too since I have had charter for half a year now.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
damn yo, rip eg, was a bastion amongst dota teams. really liking the sound of new team secret as well as the rumored dc line up tho, so overall i am mostly looking forward to how this plays out

Rawmee

Neo Member
Was a good run for EG, best team for 2 years running. Guess im rooting for speed gaming 2.0 now. Really wondering what ppd did to warrant this though.

Hylian7

blaming ppd seems a bit premature of everyone especially if there is a collapse of the entire team.

ppd didn't really start getting thrown around until that reddit post said something specifically about him. Granted that's a Reddit post and it could have just been an accurate prediction, while the rest of it was bullshit.

ppd didn't really start getting thrown around until that reddit post said something specifically about him. Granted that's a Reddit post and it could have just been an accurate prediction, while the rest of it was bullshit.

PPD had very clearly been underperforming and lacking motivation. You look at how they played in Shanghai and it was obvious he wasn't as committed as the other guys. A lot of their drafts were outright bad, and they essentially got by on Fear and Universe being amazing. Apparently on his stream it's just him channeling his inner Idra and raging at the game while calling everyone that beats him shit.

kneePat

lol how's DC just gonna snake EG's Major and TI spots like this. PPD got shafted.

To all those expecting to see DC vs EG in Valve event qualifiers grudge matches, forget it.

DC has 3/5 of the TI5 champs, they're gonna get EG's invite now according to Valve's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom