• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
*click into thread for first time in weeks*

IEOFMp7.gif

*click out*

manfestival.

that's my mothafuckin boi

i just wanna know where my boy Fear lands and why the EG brand would let him walk out the door with Universe and Sumail.

And I changed my mind: fuck Secret.

Amazing patch. I was lying in back too lazy to get up, see the update and decide I can just read patchnotes while still being comfy.

So many bug fixes that it made me uncomfortable eventually and I had to get up.

No seriously, it's fucking ridiculous how much minor, yet at the same time important stuff they fixed.

The indicators for tower range and spawn boxes are god-send. I lately just had some imgur album with the spawn boxes on my second display because why the fuck wouldn't I. Takes a lot to learn the exact attributes of ~14 or so spawn boxes. One of those parts that isn't actually that hard but rather downright cumbersome. Ward placing shouldn't be so much about "he fucked up because he isn't aware of the 100% exact locations" but rather about game sense, when and where to place the wards. Tower range indicator is similar.

All that really just makes for a better gameplay experience and raises the skill floor while impacting the skill ceiling only a bit. And, as I said, this wasn't the sort of skill I'd consider important to begin with.

@ dota team drama

fa2h0sg3.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i see so posting anime gifs of schoolgirls dancing in bikinis is okay but appreciating the MALE FORM is no bueno? i am...disgusted.

What team do I hate now? RTZ really has no idea what he wants, last year he said he wanted to play mid again but he ended up going to EG to play carry, now he's back at Secret again(though he'll be playing mid this time).

I wonder if W33 and Misery can find a new team worth a damn, that means no singsing.

But I just realized I didn't hate any of the individual players of EG, I just hated the team. Alright maybe I hate Sumail a bit, but he's going to DC so condolences to him.
Just do what I do. This thread is a graveyard considering I block anyone that posts any anime, and it's so much better.

So you only read like 5 posts a page?

marrec

Banned
All this dota drama and there's still half-naked cartoon ladies here, ilu guys.

Now I have to root for Secret because Universe is my fav.

inkls

Thats something to wakeup to.

ArtEEzy is gonna be interesting, but I dunno. I feel rtz hasn't been performing as well ever since ti4. At least I got Universe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
EE/rtz is greedier than sumail/rtz. It took them half a year to make that work. This is so dumb.

Haly

I hope Valve turns Phoenix into Avinia.

Then they should also make a thunder bird so we can finally become Pokemon.

52club

I felt like EG and Secret were finally starting to stabilize, but now this. I don't see a team with EE and RTZ working out well. You could argue Puppey and Universe are stabilizing factors, but there is a saying that likely applies. With one knucklehead you are fine, but bring more than knucklehead into the equation is just asking for trouble (regardless of talent levels).

I just hope Fear and Sumail stick together, PPD while entertaining and a crazy good drafter has to be looked questionable as a leader. However, I think most of this EG thing has "the disease of more" written all over it.

Also watch the first game of TNC vs MVP.

Haly

I'm sorry. I don't play league of push bras that often.

Fevaweva

So Secret is now Puppey support, RTZ mid, PLD support, EE carry and Universe offline? That is fucking potent!!

Imagine the BabyRage and the fEEd

EE/rtz is greedier than sumail/rtz. It took them half a year to make that work. This is so dumb.

The difference is RTZ is now mid, but I actually don't know if he can make playmaking mids work out at all, then again 6.87 is probably right around the corner so who knows what the meta will be like(I doubt it's going to change much).

But yeah, it's not an improvement over Sumail/RTZ, which I already wasn't a fan of since day 1. Sounds like the EG players just didn't want to play on the same team(as PPD) anymore though and didn't really care about anything else.

As a phoenix player this is a significant nerf. Supernova lasts 6 seconds so Firespirits, which last 4 seconds, always run out. When it updates immediately now instead of lingering on (which can be quite a while considering the huge IAS slow it provides) that's a big difference.

I do like this fix but it undoubtedly weakens phoenix. Well, maybe they make up for it via some other tweaks and if not...he'll at least not become the next FotM hero.

They also fixed being able to cast sunray while using solar dive, which basically just put the ability on cd doing nothing, so far.

e:
We'll also be getting a Phoenix Immortal for TI6 or so? screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As a phoenix player this is a significant nerf. Supernova lasts 6 seconds so Firespirits, which last 4 seconds, always run out. When it updates immediately now instead of lingering on (which can be quite a while considering the huge IAS slow it provides) that's a big difference.

I do like this fix but it undoubtedly weakens phoenix. Well, maybe they make up for it via some other tweaks and if not...he'll at least not become the next FotM hero.

They also fixed being able to cast sunray while using solar dive, which basically just put the ability on cd doing nothing, so far.

e:
We'll also be getting a Phoenix Immortal for TI6 or so? screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It could also buff his trading in lane, however. I doubt the change will be super significant in the context you're imagining, unless the debuff would run out right at the start of attack animations. Against anyone with a bit of attack speed, the nerf amounts to a fraction of a second, in all likelihood.

But obviously I haven't run any maths.

KingKong

Secret constantly screwing over their old players despite all that talk from Puppey and EE about respect and player unions is very funny. I guess EE just meant he wants respect for himself, and w33 or misery can go try to find a decent european team in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom