• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
doesnt matter if he doesnt steal rofl

regardless of when theyre effective

he still can gain charges without skilling anything = innate

I recommend watching some Waga footage, he played a lot of Void in his last stream so you're bound to find something interesting.

Here's his Dotabuff.
I saw this but I am definitely unsure about the Vanguard > Radiance progression.

I wonder if I'd be able to get away with PMS/Aquila > Radiance and build an HP item afterward (or maybe a lazy Vit Booster if it built into anything good for him)

Maybe Point Booster for a Skadi?

Wok

I saw this but I am definitely unsure about the Vanguard > Radiance progression.

I wonder if I'd be able to get away with PMS/Aquila > Radiance and build an HP item afterward (or maybe a lazy Vit Booster if it built into anything good for him)

Maybe Point Booster for a Skadi?

Vanguard is ultra-op versus Invoker. With Vanguard-Manta, you can run around the map without dying.

Vanguard is ultra-op versus Invoker. With Vanguard-Manta, you can run around the map without dying.
Is the implication here he's not worth picking unless the other team has Invoker?

I mean I know he's The hard counter to him now but come on, he has to have some other use.

Wok

Is the implication here he's not worth picking unless the other team has Invoker?

I mean I know he's The hard counter to him now but come on, he has to have some other use.

Tanking the whole combo, therefore putting all the spells of Invoker on cooldown, then time walking and dilatating time (making the spells stay on cooldown even longer), is very satisfying.

The only problem is that we cannot get to see the face of the player sitting in front of his keyboard expecting to get a kill and getting a death instead.

Other uses will have to be found by others. This one is already good for me.

Edit: It is even stronger: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3yq3s4/time_dilation_is_way_stronger_than_most_people/

Zyphos

Neo Member
Managed to lose 450 MMR in 4 days. What I don't get at all is why people even bother playing ranked if they're gonna feed mid and spam racial slurs in all chat. Someone's fed intentionally or abandoned in the early game in 11 of the last 25 games I've played, and 6 of them were THE SAME GUY and 4 of them were in a row! It's like reporting them does nothing. 3 straight games of everyone saying they were reporting him for feeding mid and spamming slurs and he still managed to show in the fourth game.

And the really funny thing is, as I slide further and further into the sub 3k MMR, I notice the toxic behavior ramping up more and more.

Wok

Now that we have items like Octarine Core which decreases spell cooldowns, and items like Aether Lens or Dragon Lance which increase range (respectively for spell and attack), I want to see new items which increases spell/bash duration. Damage over time would last longer, stuns would last longer, chronos longer, every possible spell would gain a certain percentage of duration.

Aether Lens increases spell damage, so why not go with duration, IceFrog? It sounds as complex to implement.

armlet is bad on str heroes already so on an agi hero ? get outta here. item falls off like fuck too, it's just absolute shit don't buy that thing please

t0rment

concede is a little useless in league, most of the time your team mates are insufferable douchebags and wont concede just to waste your time, so i believe in dota that shit will never work.

pompidu

armlet is bad on str heroes already so on an agi hero ? get outta here. item falls off like fuck too, it's just absolute shit don't buy that thing please

Have you tried it or are you talking out your ass? I agree the item is subpar, but was curious if someone has attempted this.

I didn't but armlet is universally bad so I don't know why it would work on void
Anytime I see somebody buy armlet on my team I know I already lost

Pratfall

I didn't but armlet is universally bad so I don't know why it would work on void
Anytime I see somebody buy armlet on my team I know I already lost

the only constant is you

Hg34oFs.png

marrec

Banned
Shug just cause you don't know how to armlet toggle doesn't mean you need to get all mad at it.

Armlet is fucking fantastic on a properly built 6.86 DK.

Demoli

Man, Riki ults needs to either be invisible to the enemy team or have his own attack speed instead of 1 attack per second.

pompidu

Man, Riki ults needs to either be invisible to the enemy team or have his own attack speed instead of 1 attack per second.

His ultimate is just dumb.
His ultimate should be sorta like bh where he can track people but instead of getting gold, his damage against the tracked target gets increased by like 20% or something. or give 10% agility for each tracked target.
His ultimate needs to be played off his invisibility and his ability to scout and solo folks.

concede is a little useless in league, most of the time your team mates are insufferable douchebags and wont concede just to waste your time, so i believe in dota that shit will never work.

Nah.

the amount of wasted time saved in LoL thanks to the concede option justifies the existence of the option in MOBAs all by itself. It can be measured in hours and days saved; not minutes saved. The fact that sometimes people want to fight on does not suddenly invalidate the time otherwise saved. If 4 out of 5 of your teammates feel that a match is unsalvagable to the point that they're willing to vote for concession, the game is over 99 times out of 100. If just 2 of you believe you can force out a throw or backdoor your way to a win, you fight on. If the Dota pros can handle a surrender system, I'm pretty sure Dota pubs can as well. People that said it was a bad idea before didn't say much when the pros got their own surrender system. They won't say much when/if pubs get one. Let intelligent minds decide if they've had enough or not by 4/5 or unanimous vote.

I feel like armlet is good if the fights are lots of short bursty skirmishes. But these days you get mostly long drawn out 5v5s where toggling is too difficult and you just lose too much health in all the disengage and reengage going on.

marrec

Banned
I feel like armlet is good if the fights are lots of short bursty skirmishes. But these days you get mostly long drawn out 5v5s where toggling is too difficult and you just lose too much health in all the disengage and reengage going on.

The long drawn out 5v5s are why I like armlet so much. By the time I need to toggle to stay alive most of their abilities have been popped trying to take me down and they're trying to auto-attack me. I can time a few toggles in between and just keep hitting them with little regard for my own safety. By the time stuff comes off cooldown they're running the fuck away. I feel like I get the most out of Armlet during high-ground pushes.

Of course, this is on DK, the only dude I build armlet on, his regen + any lifesteal makes the armlet even better.

But ya, at about 20-25 minutes during a quick 1v2 or 2v2 skirmish armlet shines even more because I can chase through pretty much anything as long as the other guys aren't rotating to help.

inkls

it happening on a handful of occasions>>>>playing without it

Concedes happened in around 40-50% of my games in league. People actively pushed for it as soon as they thought we were losing. I don't want that kind of decision resting in the hands of players. If they don't want to play they can take an abandon.

marrec

Banned
No way in hell would I want the milquetoast shits who I solo queue with to decide when we've lost, they barely know how to last fucking hit.

DrPizza

Banned
Concedes happened in around 40-50% of my games in league. People actively pushed for it as soon as they thought we were losing. I don't want that kind of decision resting in the hands of players. If they don't want to play they can take an abandon.

Agree. Giving every fuckwit who starts spamming GG just because they died at the bounty rune because they didn't notice that the enemy team had 4 stuns at level 1 the ability to concede would be absolutely ruinous. If they want to rob me of a game, they can abandon and get punished for it.

Wok

IceFrog, make the ult follow the target. Please.

Agree. Giving every fuckwit who starts spamming GG just because they died at the bounty rune because they didn't notice that the enemy team had 4 stuns at level 1 the ability to concede would be absolutely ruinous. If they want to rob me of a game, they can abandon and get punished for it.

'punished'

No way in hell would I want the milquetoast shits who I solo queue with to decide when we've lost, they barely know how to last fucking hit.

To be frank, I can get a Midas in 7 min with a proper lane equilibrium, and I get it in 12 min with a bad support, or in 15 min on Arc with a carry who thinks Arc is a babysitter support for him. At this point, it is not a matter of last hitting, it is a matter of laning.

Nowadays, if games are going in the wrong direction, I can buy an Iron Talon and get my 9 min Midas alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom