• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LC Aghs needs to drop the actual Thunderdome from Mad Max into the game. All players within a 400 aoe climb onto the Thunderdome to spectate. Proper announcer introducing the combatants and everything.

I mean this could work. It'd be like Naga's Sleep. Every unit would be silenced/rooted and play their "cheering animation" for the duration of the duel in a 500 AoE around the duelers.

You should be able to combo it with Medusa as long as she activates it before the duel.

Wok

I want to build Arc without Necro now: people farm my necros and it is super hard to prevent them from doing so, because they pick heroes like Pudge, WR or Ember. If I get it right, each necro gives a bounty of 200 gold, so it can be quite huge in terms of GPM for them too. I knew it and tried to avoid feeding necros, but what can I do when they wait for the push to gank my necros?

It seems there are few builds without Necro:
2h1gi1u.png

PkNP17y.png

N9LZK6c.png

marrec

Banned
I want to build Arc without Necro now: people farm my necros and it is super hard to prevent them from doing so, because they pick heroes like Pudge, WR or Ember. If I get it right, each necro gives a bounty of 200 gold, so it can be quite huge in terms of GPM for them too. I knew it and tried to avoid feeding necros, but what can I do when they wait for the push to gank my necros?

Don't let this secret out.

400g every time he tries to split push plus the wave CS makes for a huge gold swing. Shhh.

Wok

Don't let this secret out.

400g every time he tries to split push plus the wave CS makes for a huge gold swing. Shhh.

The secret is already out in Russia.

D1KfxGN.png

'ty gaben'

And this was in a game during which I tried to push with necro and then send the necro to farm the ennemy jungle. So I was careful.

marrec

Banned
The secret is already out in Russia.

D1KfxGN.png

'ty gaben'

It was always a terrible idea to split push with double necro on Arc but maybe that's just me.

The Manta Style is still great obviously, but dropping that Necro definitely opens up a bit more space in the late game build. Double Silver Edge? Sure!

Wok

It was always a terrible idea to split push with double necro on Arc but maybe that's just me.

The Manta Style is still great obviously, but dropping that Necro definitely opens up a bit more space in the late game build. Double Silver Edge? Sure!

I am going to think about it. In my last game, I had a 7:02 Midas with safelane Arc, so it looks like I can farm as these people featured on Dotabuff do.

Travels-Diffusal-BKB-MKB look core. The question is whether to go SilverEdge-Daedalus or Manta-Mjöllnir... and how to get that farm without Necro.

Silver Edge is to play the mid ganker, and to farm heroes. So Arc mid. It must be super easy to gank lanes with Flux.

I guess Manta-Maelström is to farm creeps. So Arc safelane.

marrec

Banned
Silver Edge is to play the mid ganker, and to farm heroes. So Arc mid. It must be super easy to gank lanes with Flux.

I guess Manta-Maelström is to farm creeps. So Arc safelane.

This is probably your best bet, though I think Silver Edge on Arc gives you a lot of possibilities for fuckery and baiting out dusts or just completely destroying squishy supports, so I'd always build into it. I don't play Arc much at all though so *Shrug*

Wok

Another thing that I have to try is the Wagamama Void.

jzy92OL.png

4iGaP6M.png

Basically, Spectre build: Wand / Treads / Aquila / Vanguard > Radiance > Manta > Moon Shard / Linkens > Skadi.

marrec

Banned
That's safelane void right?

I'm trying to come up with a viable offlane void build but I don't know if his farmability is good enough for it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blink Aghs, as usual.

I played that Vanguard/Radiance build and I didn't like it much. That game was hard and it was ultimately won off the back of key Chronos, which is how Void always won his games.

Wok

Okay, this build on Void is super legit, you can literally team fight without caring about any nuke or damage whatsoever. You can also flee without caring at all if teammates are dead. The KDA was 14 this game.

kvk1

Couple people in this thread probably real interested in where that Monster Milk came from if you know what I mean.

Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Micellar Casein (Milk), Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk), Whey Protein Hydrolysate (Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Alkalized Cocoa Powder, Non-Dairy Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Mono- and Diglycerides, Tocopherols), Inulin, Oat Fiber, Potassium Chloride, Canola Oil, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Stevia Extract.

New OD feels really good now. Like his laning stage still sucks but his mid game is pretty srong

But is it worth it to get points in his W past the first point and just dump the rest into stats?

Artanisix

i do not agree with skipping necro 3 on arc warden, you're throwing away a lot of your kill, push, and deward potential by skipping it

Wok

Regarding Wagamama's Void build, he is right, it is enough to survive Invoker's combo, which is a huge nuke from which you can instantly regen by time walking. All Void needs is to survive the nuke. It makes sense to go Vanguard / Skadi.

i do not agree with skipping necro 3 on arc warden, you're throwing away a lot of your kill, push, and deward potential by skipping it

Push and deward, I agree with.

I would even say throwing away a lot of farm: by just sending the necros in the jungle camps all over the map, you can farm pretty well (something like two camps per activation of necros). All while randomly dewarding.

Kill potential? This is a very little potential: noobs get killed by being low health and killing greedily the necros, yet in the VHS bracket, people either farm the necros, or flee, and there is no way to get the kill, even with a diffusal and a blink dagger, the most common heroes (Ember, WR, Ursa, Lifestealer, etc.) will flee with very low health but still alive. You would need an Abyssal, or maybe an Atos to keep them in-place. Or a buff to Necros' movement speed somehow.

Quesa

Kill potential? This is a very little potential: noobs get killed by being low health and killing greedily the necros, yet in the VHS bracket, people either farm the necros, or flee, and there is no way to get the kill, even with a diffusal and a blink dagger, the most common heroes (Ember, WR, Ursa, Lifestealer, etc.) will flee with very low health but still alive. You would need an Abyssal, or maybe an Atos to keep them in-place. Or a buff to Necros' movement speed somehow.

You are underestimating their potential to contribute to fights, as they're likely the last thing a team will focus during those times. And if you get necro 2, you may as well get 3 for 1250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom