• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Would you rather:

be TUSR's body pillow

or

be Freakinchair's kleenex box

rqN3b7s.png

Qvoth

rtz has been playing support everytime he's in the same team with ee? i think fear really is back to the carry role in eg? lol
edit: holy shit they won

I think it's time for me to switch to quickcast. Originally I was sort of against spending time learning it when I barely know anything about the basics of the game, but I run into way too many situations where I feel like everything would've worked better if I didn't have to do two actions for every ability.

Any tips on making the switch? Right now I have what I remember waga's setup was (qwer with all keys on quickcast, alt+qwer for normal cast), but is there a more intuitive/easier one? What are the common pitfalls (I know double tapping for self-cast is a big one)?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rogues get Gangplank as a spec

Outlaw (replaces Combat)

To achieve the “swordmaster” fantasy we’re going for with the Outlaw Rogue, we’re giving them several new and upgraded abilities, such as Saber Slash and Pistol Shot. We’re also deemphasizing Stealth, with Ambush being their only remaining opening move. Stealth will still provide its core Rogue utility, but Outlaws are more comfortable fighting toe-to-toe with a sword than skulking about. Finally, we’re ensuring that Outlaws retain several signature abilities from Combat, such as Adrenaline Rush and Blade Flurry. These abilities provide a good basis on which to build new and distinct flavor. A wide variety of talents enhance the fantasy further with themes of the swordmaster, brawler, or even pirate.

Here’s a basic look at the core combat abilities for Outlaws:

Saber Slash
50 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
Viciously slash an enemy, causing moderate Physical damage and awarding 1 combo point. Saber Slash has a 35% chance to strike an additional time, granting additional damage and combo point, and making your next Pistol Shot free.

Pistol Shot
40 Energy, 20 yd range, Instant
Draw a concealed pistol and fire a quick shot at an enemy, dealing moderate Physical damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec. Awards 1 combo point.

Slice and Dice
25 Energy, Instant
Finishing move that consumes combo points to increase attack speed by 40%. Lasts longer per combo point.

Run Through
35 Energy, 1 to 5 Combo Points, 8 yd range, Instant
Lunging finishing move that causes damage per combo point and has increased range.

Combat Potency
Passive
Your off-hand attacks have a chance to generate 15 Energy. Slower weapons have a higher chance.

Ruthlessness
Passive
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point spent to grant a combo point.

Mastery: Main Gauche
Your main-hand attacks have a 44% (with Mastery from typical gear) chance to trigger an attack with your off-hand that deals minor Physical damage.

Additionally, to give you an idea of how some talents may build upon this, here’s an example of one of their Outlaw-specific talents:

Quick Draw
Passive
Free uses of Pistol Shot granted by Saber Slash now generate 1 additional combo point, and deal 50% increased damage.
anuxi_rum.gif

Every single time I play TA these days I get either a leaver on my team or an intentional feeder (or someone who's really bad)

She's one of my favourite heroes, I can't just not play her but fuck that.

I max Q first and don't bother with glaives until level 10. First major item glimmer cape or force staff so you're not just food.

Is Q really that good? I guess it depends on what heroes you're facing like drpizza said, but it sounds bad on paper. Plus, it has no synergy with his ult which makes an already poor aghs upgrade even worse. EDIT: I just realized curse is paused while silenced so you don't waste any duration. Still, putting a 4/5/6 second delay on an already weak DOT can't be great.

Also, I'm surprised you don't take a value point in glaives. Harassing without aggroing creeps and winning trades with 8+ pure damage sounds too good to pass up.

People are saying that the new Silencer Q is awful and I've seen a lot of people outright skip it, though to be fair that was carry Silencer
because support Silencer is shit.

Haly

Silencer's aghs needs to be reworked but Q isnt terrible.

Being able to clear creeps as Sil is decent.

Haly

Not a lot. Less than 300 damage at level 4. It's a pretty weak nuke all things considered. I guess it could be good if you put it on Zeus or Storm but eeeh.

Icefrog said:
Curses the target area, causing enemy heroes to take damage

Even freezyfrog can't be trusted anymore.

Speaking of Silencer reworks, I'd like to see int steal be merged with one of his other skills. Him being the only hero with an innate ability just feels sloppy.

Speaking of Silencer reworks, I'd like to see int steal be merged with one of his other skills. Him being the only hero with an innate ability just feels sloppy.
It used to be a part of glaives a bunch of patches ago.

Pudge also kind of has an innate ability, it just becomes active only when you get E, I wonder if Icefrog is going to give him an active skill and make flesh heap fully innate.

DrPizza

Banned

Earth Spirit and now Invoker both have innate skills too.

It used to be part of Glaives, but it was stupid, because it forced you to skill Glaives early even if you wanted to be a support, where Q and E were more useful. That might have been OK if it had worked like Flesh Heap (collects even when unskilled, but only useful when skilled) but for whatever reason, it didn't.

NBtoaster

Is Q really that good? I guess it depends on what heroes you're facing like drpizza said, but it sounds bad on paper. Plus, it has no synergy with his ult which makes an already poor aghs upgrade even worse. EDIT: I just realized curse is paused while silenced so you don't waste any duration. Still, putting a 4/5/6 second delay on an already weak DOT can't be great.

Also, I'm surprised you don't take a value point in glaives. Harassing without aggroing creeps and winning trades with 8+ pure damage sounds too good to pass up.

Glaives damage is really weak. I don't think +8 damage per hit is better than just getting +50 damage to the other skills, and longer silence and slow duration of E. You can harass pretty fine with the other skills anyway.

Still think support silencer is best played just harassing enemy laner constantly with your orb. Then again, orbs are straight broken at my MMR cause everyone panics.

I hate support Silencer because before level 6 he's one of the most nothing supports out there. Carry getting ganked? Nothing you can do. Ganking someone? You have zero cc. After 6 he's just useless everytime his ult is on cooldown. Only way it's fun is if you get a midas and transition into carry Silencer.

I hate support Silencer because before level 6 he's one of the most nothing supports out there. Carry getting ganked? Nothing you can do. Ganking someone? You have zero cc. After 6 he's just useless everytime his ult is on cooldown. Only way it's fun is if you get a midas and transition into carry Silencer.
Carry getting ganked? Kill those fuckers. EZ
I like to have at least one. It's not a cheap skill.
Yeah, that's why I tend to rely on glaives instead and save most of my mana for full commitments. I could try last word again, though. Been a long time since I built that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom