• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltoid

Banned
imp is outdoing hylian with his stupid posts

outstanding

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

Tactile Alerts
FEEL YOUR
COOLDOWNS
The mouse is no longer merely an input device; gamers can now feel in-game events, aiding them in critical decision-making. Customize every aspect of the alerts from intensity to vibration patterns.

Take it a step further and set individual alerts for multiple triggers like cooldown timers, health status, and more through SteelSeries Engine.

is this what I need to become a pro

yo this looks hype

vibrate on damage so i stop fucking up blink echo
or telling me recoil reset in cs go

shira

Oj7vRRf.jpg

Looks perfect for the TI6 limited edition hardware. Just make the OLED display TI6/Valve/Dota

It just seems so gaudy and such a pointless way to increase the price of the mouse. Can I get those customizable haptics in something cheaper?

Is there a price?

Sibylus

Banned
Like, I would be mightily tempted by that mouse with everything except the buttons and haptics stripped out. Don't need my mouse to be a sports almanac or a transformer. I just want dem delicious haptics!
disapprove.gif

shira

Like, I would be mightily tempted by that mouse with everything except the buttons and haptics stripped out. Don't need my mouse to be a sports almanac or a transformer. I just want dem delicious haptics!
disapprove.gif
"The mouse is no longer merely an input device; gamers can now feel in-game events, aiding them in critical decision-making. Customize every aspect of the alerts from intensity to vibration patterns.
Take it a step further and set individual alerts for multiple triggers like cooldown timers, health status, and more through SteelSeries Engine."

This just seems more like a cooldown timer rumble pack.

I want like different textures of haptic walking for river/jungle/lane and like different rumbles for each spell - like fissure is different from magic missle, right clicks are different from crits/desolator

Sibylus

Banned
"The mouse is no longer merely an input device; gamers can now feel in-game events, aiding them in critical decision-making. Customize every aspect of the alerts from intensity to vibration patterns.
Take it a step further and set individual alerts for multiple triggers like cooldown timers, health status, and more through SteelSeries Engine."

This just seems more like a cooldown timer rumble pack.

I want like different textures of haptic walking for river/jungle/lane and like different rumbles for each spell - like fissure is different from magic missle, right clicks are different from crits/desolator
Feedback for damage given, taken, and ults off cd would be simple and nice.

More advanced implementations like you mention would be amazing, though it requires particular hardware. The Steam controller can do it because it's packing more than the simple spinning motor rumble functionality. No idea what this mouse packs.

G.ZZZ

I wanted to say something but i forgot.

Aside from well i fucking suck at this patch i lost 500 mmr already lol.

RTZ plz strim

EDIT: ah right it was about periodic MMR resets. I'm against it , i think it would make it a chore with people trying to game the system a lot more and with artificial grinding make me tilt like shit. However i'd like if:

- Ranked party was removed, leave only solo queue ranked because party can abuse a lot of shit that isn't possible in sq. Keep 5vs5 team ranked obviously for team pratice.
- unranked no MMR but divisions which could carry over ranked (sorta like sc2 copper0%-bronze30%-silver60%-gold90%-plat95%-diamond99%-mastertop200)
- maybe increased uncertainty after a period not playing, with possibility of recalibrate once you haven't played more than 6 month in ranked.

Quesa

how good is satanic on medusa

I asked my team if I should get daed or rapier and three of them said satanic

we lost and I don't think it's a good item on her

puck is a trans icon, don't hate

a base armor buff would be cute
You misspelled templar assassin

Daed and sanic suck on dusa, mana is more than half her hp pool
Imo ideal 6 slot is
BoT rapier skadi bfly skadi rapier or some shit
Just make it impossible for the enemy team to burst you 100 to 0. Rapiers do the rest

G.ZZZ

6th item only i think, she has low single target dps from which she can lifeleech from if not.

Yust go defensive items into Divine who cares.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Lifesteal is always that kinda must have 6th item for a carry, never bad at the end. However, with vlads working on ranged now I think for heroes like Medusa it's much better if someone on your team just buys vlads.

Every team absolutely needs a vlads and I wish more people recognized how damn good that item is: +5 armor, damage, hp/mana regen, and lifesteal for everyone, what's not to like. I guess the item has a classic free rider problem (kek) going on though—no one wants to be the one to actually buy the item, you want someone else to buy it for you.

Skab

So I just played a game where I randomed techies. Didn't too to hot, but still had fun. Team was enjoyable and nice.

But for some reason, the Lion on the other team, who I never said a word to (or anything in all chat, for that matter) proceeds to ask everyone to report me, tell me how useless I am, how players like me make the game unplayable, and how I'm a piece of shit. All of this with me never having said anything to him.

Some people just have issues, man.

So the stats area they added is nice but is it going to update showing the actual stats for all matches played? It's annoying that it shows 30 matches played but only puts the stats for games played after this was implemented.

bbd23

guys I just queued with a bunch of 5k players and im probably like high 3k/low 4k in unranked.

good lord ive never felt so bad at dota before!

the people on my team were all cool though except for one guy.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
played a game earlier that ended with us losing even thou I think we did pretty good

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2057521483

and I kinda understand why we lose. our team shoulda just push and try to take them out when they're down a couple. not taking the advantage was a big problem, I even asked them to go push mid at the end but still didn't work. however, when you're facing with a line up of Tinker, Ember, Invoker and AM, is there a way to fight back and stop that their push?

Playing Crystal Maiden is a lot of fun on radiant with that hard camp so close to the lane. I was able to kill it and get 2 while babysitting. It feels a lot safer than the same camp on the Dire side for some reason. Probably because of the trees and multiple exits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom