• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Raged like an asshole about someone, added him after the game and said I'm sorry. He took it way better than I would've.
Feels good man.

I'm a fucking dick

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't play support in pubs, but when I do I play KotL. Stay mana thirsty my friends.

But CM answers mana problems too! I actually almost kind of like her aura better then KotL's Chakra, since it helps everyone at the same time. Although KotL's Chakra is better if you specifically have a really spammy lane partner I guess

Hylian7

But CM answers mana problems too! I actually almost kind of like her aura better then KotL's Chakra, since it helps everyone at the same time. Although KotL's Chakra is better if you specifically have a really spammy lane partner I guess
That is usually the case when I play him. Plus I've just never liked playing CM, not sure what the issue is.

ViviOggi

Holy shit I just had the most legit roaming duo on my team (POTM + Bane). I should try more things like this when I'm stacking.

dmshaposv

gandalf of the light is almost too annoyingly good at times. So easy to get illuminate kills on squishy supports who want to harass but end up running into ur blast.

Also, unlimited mana. But I must agree CM is the best pub support. If you get a few roam kills build a shadow blade and choas ulti in team fights later.

dmshaposv

Holy shit I just had the most legit roaming duo on my team (POTM + Bane). I should try more things like this when I'm stacking.

Sounds like a nightmare (har de har)

What sort of combo are we taking about?

Nightmare, position mirana a good distance for easy long stun arrow and then jump on them?

ViviOggi

Sounds like a nightmare (har de har)

What sort of combo are we taking about?

Nightmare, position mirana a good distance for easy long stun arrow and then jump on them?

Yeah, Nightmare into long arrow and just fire away, together with the damage of the player who's on the lane being ganked it's an easy kill. I forgot to mention that we also had an Exort Invoker so that KIND OF helped too.

Predictably the enemy team kept blaming Pudge

Vade

Lion is the best pub support, get multi-man spikes, finger people. Hex and mana drain. Just watch your carry get big.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/456692888

;____________________________________________________;

damn fine effort. Hard to outcarry Spectre + OD + fuzzy in an hour match.

Thoughts: only one force, one sheep, and one bkb on the team. Considering Spectre went glass (no heart) and none of the Radiant carries bothered to get a BKB, the fact that nobody else bought a sheep actually bothers me a bit. Diffusal purchase doesn't make much sense for Mirana in this matchup either (OD and everyone around him just passive's their mana back), but the Mirana couldn't seem to get anything done...but that's what happens when you don't farm as a semi-carry (second lowest net worth on the team). Lastly, Sky really needs more than 44cs in an hour. Sky isn't that kind of support. He can't go starving like CM and still matter. Mans needs a few items as the match goes along to stay relevant. If Sky farms a sheep, that match probably ends differently. He should have at least had a Ghost Scepter. I mean really.

Perhaps the entire lineup was just too greedy. Everyone on that team needs items. A lot of items. But really...1 sheep and 1 bkb is just a damn shame.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can confirm this is most likely not true. DOTA GAF 3 stronk 5 me. My support ability is probably not up to par :(

tbh we usually have around 3-5 veterans at most and the majority of the time they are trolling, jungling, or experimenting (unless it's milkman). I can't say how much of a learning experience it is for the lower level peeps that join in, but I know for me personally, HoN IH's (where 80% of the people were much better than me) were huge for me. You're often told what to do and what not to do, and you simply learn first hand by watching/playing with much better people in lane and in teamfights.

Kard8p3

tbh we usually have around 3-5 veterans at most and the majority of the time they are trolling, jungling, or experimenting (unless it's milkman). I can't say how much of a learning experience it is for the lower level peeps that join in, but I know for me personally, HoN IH's (where 80% of the people were much better than me) were huge for me. You're often told what to do and what not to do, and you simply learn first hand by watching/playing with much better people in lane and in teamfights.

..Goddamnit bokr. Best advice 2014.

Fine, I'll man up and play, I take it most people in the IH use mumble?

Holy shit SingSing on Clockwerk hooking like nobody's business even with AM throwing hard.
That match was just sick. Role model Clockwerk right there

Vaporak

I'll attest that I like playing with higher skilled players and wish I could more often, but I don't get told what to do/not to do at all in IH's.

Razzer

Alternatively you just feed like I just did :) Still was fun, thanks guys!

The match doesn't end when everyone leaves anymore? We had a friend in a 5 stack lose Internet and hoping to avoid the party abandon, we all left. The game never ended and we all got an abandon. The enemies had to kill our ancient, which took them 10 minutes after we left to do so...

A+ system Valve. A game we would have played until the end 4v5 ended up with everyone wasting their time and a team having to push against nothing because we didn't want an abandon, and ended up with one anyway...

Fou-Lu

I don't understand why team match making would put me and my friends against some brand new players. I feel like we may have made them want to quit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom