• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

The match doesn't end when everyone leaves anymore? We had a friend in a 5 stack lose Internet and hoping to avoid the party abandon, we all left. The game never ended and we all got an abandon. The enemies had to kill our ancient, which took them 10 minutes after we left to do so...

A+ system Valve. A game we would have played until the end 4v5 ended up with everyone wasting their time and a team having to push against nothing because we didn't want an abandon, and ended up with one anyway...

Yes it does work, I did it very recently.

Which region?

I play on us east and west.

Could anyone help me with understanding like picking good heroes, having hero synergy, and other things for captains mode? Me and 2 others RL friends are wanting to play ranked games but I'd like to be able to understand the game, not just learn my heroes.

i was trying to pick up miranas slack but it was just too much :(((((

you weren't the problem. you can't do everything. all you can do as NP is stall the game long enough for your team to farm the items they need to compete. In a game that long, Mirana's and Sky's farm are simply unacceptable.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Good lord...I managed to last without Dota for almost two weeks now, but my bus back to Minneapolis was cancelled due to weather and I cracked...I'm downloading the Mac client on the slow-ass connection I have here just to get a fix in the next couple days.

Does the client still suck ass?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The match doesn't end when everyone leaves anymore? We had a friend in a 5 stack lose Internet and hoping to avoid the party abandon, we all left. The game never ended and we all got an abandon. The enemies had to kill our ancient, which took them 10 minutes after we left to do so...

A+ system Valve. A game we would have played until the end 4v5 ended up with everyone wasting their time and a team having to push against nothing because we didn't want an abandon, and ended up with one anyway...

Pretty sure the game only ends automatically if there's been an abandon.

manfestival

I dont see how some of yall hate weedman

dude is far more entertaining than most of the people out there without even trying. granted he does abuse a certain word lol

Anteo

Yeah, Nightmare into long arrow and just fire away, together with the damage of the player who's on the lane being ganked it's an easy kill. I forgot to mention that we also had an Exort Invoker so that KIND OF helped too.

Predictably the enemy team kept blaming Pudge

This strat would be much easier to counter in pubs if the players ever realized they can bounce the sleep around.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Looks at your stats...looks at your teammates stats.

It's not about the stats. It's about the pressure. When the enemy team is terrified that a LC is going to pop out with iron shell and surge, they make a crap ton of mistakes that everyone takes advantage of. WIth DS, LC can skip shadow blade or blink dagger and just go armlet > desolator or AC and get a ton of early game ganks. Each of those games ended with LC having over 150 bonus damage in games that are under 30 minutes.

It's not about the stats. It's about the pressure. When the enemy team is terrified that a LC is going to pop out with iron shell and surge, they make a crap ton of mistakes that everyone takes advantage of. WIth DS, LC can skip shadow blade or blink dagger and just go armlet > desolator or AC and get a ton of early game ganks. Each of those games ended with LC having over 150 bonus damage in games that are under 30 minutes.

So you were posting a screenshot of your pressure?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Looks at your stats...looks at your teammates stats.

? He has a lot of assists.

So you were posting a screenshot of your pressure?

No need to be a passive aggressive asshole, he was postin a few screens of him and his buddy ownin it up on LC + dark seer. There's absolutely nothing wrong with those scores. Heavy on the assist side, which is just fine for a dark seer.

docbon

i couldn't do it

i couldn't recreate the magical dochole

i9F7UMUnQxPBu.gif

M.D

Shit, I need to get in that gafhouse sometime.
Getting yelled at by 1.09 again? Hell yeah

Missed your games last night Nokterian :(

Chris R

Had a Kunkka game and while we won, and I locked down mid, I feel like I wasn't helping as much as I could.

Doesn't help that I landed ZERO boats... Someone please, tell me the secret :(

edit: gafhouse... is it just a group that does some ranked mm or whatever? I know I'm not good enough so I never join, just want a bit of info...

edit: gafhouse... is it just a group that does some ranked mm or whatever? I know I'm not good enough so I never join, just want a bit of info...
Inhouse games with people from NeoGAF. I think the skill disparity is a bit too wide to do team ranked MM.

Kard8p3

Twitch.tv/travood is back ;)

I told him GAF said hi!

I know I'm not good enough so I never join, just want a bit of info...

Don't say that, the only way to get better is to play with/against better people. I was scared to join inhouse at first, but it's really fun.

If I don't have a silence/stun/disable, how can I stop earth spirit from doing his silence/stun combo on me if we're both at mid? During my shadowfiend game he ganked me 6 times (could've prevented a lot of those by just being less desperate for souls after dying and pushing too far) before the midgame, but I honestly don't know how to stop him from killing me besides leaving the lane.

Eventually he started picking really bad team fights and his teammates were really happy to walk into requiems all day to let me catch up, but it was the worst early-game experience I've had outside of that one game where sniper walked across the river and gave first blood before creeps spawned.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If I don't have a silence/stun/disable, how can I stop earth spirit from doing his silence/stun combo on me if we're both at mid? During my shadowfiend game he ganked me 6 times (could've prevented a lot of those by just being less desperate for souls after dying and pushing too far) before the midgame, but I honestly don't know how to stop him from killing me besides leaving the lane.

Eventually he started picking really bad team fights and his teammates were really happy to walk into requiems all day to let me catch up, but it was the worst early-game experience I've had outside of that one game where sniper walked across the river and gave first blood before creeps spawned.

I don't think any hero can stop earth spirit from doing his shit unless he has a BKB (even then it's difficult)--the dude can initiate on you from 2000 yards away.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nothing like getting matched up against the ol' Viper + Veno AIDS lane while trying to teach your friend how to play the game. I guess, if nothing else, he learned the importance of positioning. Or more specifically, the importance of sitting way the fuck back.

What moment are you, as a player, having the most fun in Dota?

My favorite games are always those where I excel on my favorite heroes, but there's something extra special about having a great Mirana game. Landing arrows, saving teammates with ulti, leap escapes with 8HP left. All that fun stuff. She's still my #1.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Like, it constantly buffers laggy or it's just behind what's actually happening or what?
Post your setup and stream settings (All of them) if you want me to have a looksie

Play Silencer, OD, or gank him.
1 point in stun isn't enough to stun, roll, silence and you can self disrupt or disrupt ES if you are facing him. He has to do a different combo and can't r-click you.

If it's just pull+silence then yeah you are boned if you have no options. Just try to LH as much as possible and bully his HP down with raze and call on your team to help control runes.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
When I have an excuse to build Battlefury on PA or pick PL fullstop. I kinda love ricing, even if it is a pretty bad idea when your team needs you.

I kinda feel this. Love AFK farming on Medusa lol.

Sometimes you just wanna relax and make money, yo.

Twitch app is a godsend. How else can I get through my work. Get it to work on the app you lazy bum

Only streamers that break into the top whatever (300?) can be viewed on the app. So you need like 20+ concurrent viewers. Stupid I know, but it didn't used to be like that on older versions. Hopefully they get it sorted eventually. I held off on updating for a long time because of that, but other features were broken and the app was overall less stable in earlier releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom