• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

What moment are you, as a player, having the most fun in Dota?
The ones where I can execute on my plans during clutch moments.

Whether it's something huge (like getting a solo triple kill with Undying against a trilane) or something small (like shallow graving and force staffing your carry to safety as Dazzle), the rush when you successfully do the play you went for is why I keep coming back to the game.

I kinda feel this. Love AFK farming on Medusa lol.

Sometimes you just wanna relax and make money, yo.

53XxENz.gif

Acinixys

I was looking through some old screenshots from the trench and man oh man, there were some hardcore shitter builds

Drow with nothing but 1 tango and a Bfury
Weaver with 3 bashers and a MoM
Naix with TWO bkbs and a Daedalus
Refresher Meepo
6 boots Skele King

Nymerio

I was looking through some old screenshots from the trench and man oh man, there were some hardcore shitter builds

Drow with nothing but 1 tango and a Bfury
Weaver with 3 bashers and a MoM
Naix with TWO bkbs and a Daedalus
Refresher Meepo
6 boots Skele King

I love this :D

Post your setup and stream settings (All of them) if you want me to have a looksie

Play Silencer, OD, or gank him.
1 point in stun isn't enough to stun, roll, silence and you can self disrupt or disrupt ES if you are facing him. He has to do a different combo and can't r-click you.

If it's just pull+silence then yeah you are boned if you have no options. Just try to LH as much as possible and bully his HP down with raze and call on your team to help control runes.

What do you mean by disrupting him? Juking or stuff like OD self-banish?

Him being able to drop rocks behind me and instantly initiate on me is the biggest bummer, because I can avoid existing rocks fine but it basically means I'll die anytime I'm below high ground on the river. After losing a third of my health and possibly ending up underneath his mid tower I'm not going to try to trade damage with him since I'll absolutely lose.

Earth AIDS is hilarious though, I can't even hate.

Razzer

How does support Alch work?

Max Stun and Acid, get a medallion. You throw stun and acid plus medallion before it hits. Massive burst damage early game. Get utility items after that. You can farm ancient stacks later to transition into semi carry.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

1) Unstable Concoction does like a Million Damage. Charge it up and toss it at them.
2) Acid Spay give minus armor. Put it under the dood you tossed you stun at while it is in the air to make it do two million damage.
3) Try to get a quickish soul ring so you can toss Unstable Concoctions for days.
4) Your ult gives a zillion HP regen. You basically can not die to a single source of damage with it up, use it do be a tanky asshole and use it for fun things like tower diving or simply tanking for your creeps.

After you start getting some levels (Like to 10+), feel free to farm up a bit, since Alch can catch up really fast and grab supportish items, like Vlads, Heaven's Hailbird, a Pipe, Malestorm, really anything to be honest.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
oh wow. That's a big deal. Is DeMoN just close friends with a lot of these teams or do they really like what he's bringing to the table?

I dunno man, hasn't he been picked up by a fair few teams for subs in the past few months? He seems like he is still a big deal. Plx dont thoe game

sephi22

He's the most broken support in the Trench. He's got huge burst and minus armor for days, and once you hit 6, he loses two of the weaknesses of most supports (squishiness and mana regen).

If the enemy team gives you enough time, you can transition into a core for your team and climb up to the #4 or #5 highest net worth on the map.

I've won every game I played Alch support in, but lost when I played him as a carry.

I dunno man, hasn't he been picked up by a fair few teams for subs in the past few months? He seems like he is still a big deal. Plx dont thoe game

Yea he has been. I just find it interesting. I can't imagine his rep is that good as a player. Not to suggest he's bad, but...idunno. I just feel like we've all seen his bad decision-making over the years. There's a reason he's not with EG anymore. idk.

You know you can't trust someone like Demon with Fnatic.

and yet Fnatic trusts him and selected him to stand in out of all the possible players they could have gone with. I just don't know.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is it about Europe that causes super janky servers? I swear in any large game, Europe is the region to have some of the most unstable servers.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
What is it about Europe that causes super janky servers? I swear in any large game, Europe is the region to have some of the most unstable servers.

Everything pales in comparison against SEA servers, especially at the weekends or whenever there is a patch update.

ElyrionX

Max Stun and Acid, get a medallion. You throw stun and acid plus medallion before it hits. Massive burst damage early game. Get utility items after that. You can farm ancient stacks later to transition into semi carry.

1) Unstable Concoction does like a Million Damage. Charge it up and toss it at them.
2) Acid Spay give minus armor. Put it under the dood you tossed you stun at while it is in the air to make it do two million damage.
3) Try to get a quickish soul ring so you can toss Unstable Concoctions for days.
4) Your ult gives a zillion HP regen. You basically can not die to a single source of damage with it up, use it do be a tanky asshole and use it for fun things like tower diving or simply tanking for your creeps.

After you start getting some levels (Like to 10+), feel free to farm up a bit, since Alch can catch up really fast and grab supportish items, like Vlads, Heaven's Hailbird, a Pipe, Malestorm, really anything to be honest.

He's the most broken support in the Trench. He's got huge burst and minus armor for days, and once you hit 6, he loses two of the weaknesses of most supports (squishiness and mana regen).

If the enemy team gives you enough time, you can transition into a core for your team and climb up to the #4 or #5 highest net worth on the map.

I've won every game I played Alch support in, but lost when I played him as a carry.

Interesting. I will have to give him a shot.

If they just fix the kill assist gem, this will be a 10/10 best patch of the year.

Also, there really should be a tower damage done gem.

I want a fix for Omniknight's lip synching not working when you wear cosmetics. Seems like such a major bug for a game that relies on cosmetics.

Also LC's sword being held poorly. It looks terrible in-game, and I'm surprised they let it go this long since it will impact her future cosmetics (I've already noticed people thinking her cosmetic swords are broken on the workshop).

One change I know coming tonight is the ability to tag submissions for the 2014 Spring Update. (which is actually in winter...)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One more alch tip, he has no armor, make sure you have picked some up by the 15-20 Mark. Mek, Vlads, MoC, Ac, even casual platemail, just get something.

Razzer

One more alch tip, he has no armor, make sure you have picked some up by the 15-20 Mark. Mek, Vlads, MoC, Ac, even casual platemail, just get something.

And remember that if you can stack ancients whilst getting that armor, acid and ult allow you to farm 2 or 3 stacks, so as mentioned you become a core very quickly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In non dota related news, just got to the first class of a new semester. The teachers internet browser has 4 spam tool bars on it, this is a class on web based programming :/

I'm curious to know what the corrupted quality items will end up doing. Got the corrupted WR eyepatch which is kinda dumb looking compared to all the other awesome dos I have for her. Looking to get the Drow beret off the market though when I can access it again -stupid Visa gift card business :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm curious to know what the corrupted quality items will end up doing. Got the corrupted WR eyepatch which is kinda dumb looking compared to all the other awesome dos I have for her. Looking to get the Drow beret off the market though when I can access it again -stupid Visa gift card business :(
I still think the best way to hedge your bets for the next event is to pop the gem out and stick it in a ward so it catches every demon kill.

M.D

What is it with Anti-Mage and Faceless Void players in pub games? Whenever someone on my team picks either of them, I know there's a 99% we will lose the game.

They ALWAYS come into early team fights with no farm at all and die time after time.

I just played solo que ranked CD where the captain picked himself Void, he started coming into team fights with a Midas and Treads. I'm not even kidding.

Then when he got a "good ult" he blamed me for not doing anything to help him kill the entire enemy team that was there, when were so under-farmed with no real items and our Ancient is already exposed

Nymerio

So today I played my fifth solo ranked calibration match. I like to play bounty because I figured I'm not going to be counter picked too hard. I've now played him three times in ranked and all three times I finished with drums, desolator, butterfly and vlads so I can't be doing too bad, but today has been the first time since a long time that nearly made me stop solo queuing again. Shadowfiend mid gets killed by pudge and tusk and blames me for not calling missing even though tusk was gone for about 3 minutes and I called multiple times. After I got track, I started roaming and tried to keep track of pudge only to be called useless by our SF.

As Bounty Hunter, is it my job to solo kill other heroes? Because I did not think I could have. First, because at the beginning I didn't have enough items and second, because they started to 5 man and I couldn't catch any pick offs. SF kept pinging me out when I was roaming and trying to find anyone but wtf are you supposed to do when you can't find anyone and they're just 5 manning?

Razzer

So today I played my fifth solo ranked calibration match. I like to play bounty because I figured I'm not going to be counter picked too hard. I've now played him three times in ranked and all three times I finished with drums, desolator, butterfly and vlads so I can't be doing too bad, but today has been the first time since a long time that nearly made me stop solo queuing again. Shadowfiend mid gets killed by pudge and tusk and blames me for not calling missing even though tusk was gone for about 3 minutes and I called multiple times. After I got track, I started roaming and tried to keep track of pudge only to be called useless by our SF.

As Bounty Hunter, is it my job to solo kill other heroes? Because I did not think I could have. First, because at the beginning I didn't have enough items and second, because they started to 5 man and I couldn't catch any pick offs. SF kept pinging me out when I was roaming and trying to find anyone but wtf are you supposed to do when you can't find anyone and they're just 5 manning?

No, unless you are farmed and are hunting supports, though if they are smart they will be hugging their cores at that point in a game. BH is a teamfight hero, as the more people there are around for Track kills, the more gold you gain from them. You gank other lanes, boosting the GPM of teammates via track. Also you counter invis or splitpush.

Nymerio

No, unless you are farmed and are hunting supports, though if they are smart they will be hugging their cores at that point in a game. BH is a teamfight hero, as the more people there are around for Track kills, the more gold you gain from them. You gank other lanes, boosting the GPM of teammates via track. Also you counter invis or splitpush.

Good to hear. The guy had double the amount of games played I have, but I don't understand how you can play so much and still be like that. That game had everything, from annoying pinging to staring at each other over the river. They also had sentries everywhere and always had dust so it wasn't even like I could just walk up and jinada some guy. Tracking was kinda difficult because pudge could just hook me if he was fast enough.

ViviOggi

Good to hear. The guy had double the amount of games played I have, but I don't understand how you can play so much and still be like that. That game had everything, from annoying pinging to staring at each other over the river. They also had sentries everywhere and always had dust so it wasn't even like I could just walk up and jinada some guy. Tracking was kinda difficult because pudge could just hook me if he was fast enough.

Ehh, just cancel the after-spell animation (I'm pretty sure Track has a bunch of frames there) and do the good ol' zigzag away while the hook is in the air.

Nymerio

Hmm, I'll try that next time. The couple times I tried tracking him it seemed like he had vision anyway because he kept running after me. I'll check the replay to see where they warded. Could also be that I was just too paranoid about sentries.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh man this Mac client sucks. I tried to turn down my graphical settings so it would run on my lappy and now for some reason my dock and toolbar are stuck in front of the application every time I boot it up, and I can't figure out how to change that

Strider

I know playing Dota everyone is bound to get bad teammates, but this is by far the worst teammate I've had and the first time I've almost keyboard raged at someone (I typically never rage at games). Best lich ever.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/457787041

On a positive note, I owned sniper this whole game for the most part. Thanks for the tips gaf. I've yet to do really well vs him with a melee character but at least this is a start.

Also this was my second game as Mirana having played one against the bots prior to this game. Definitely one of my favorite heroes now.

Razzer

I know playing Dota everyone is bound to get bad teammates, but this is by far the worst teammate I've had and the first time I've almost keyboard raged at someone (I typically never rage at games). Best lich ever.

On a positive note, I owned sniper this whole game for the most part. Thanks for the tips gaf. I've yet to do really well vs him with a melee character but at least this is a start.

Also this was my second game as Mirana having played one against the bots prior to this game. Definitely one of my favorite heroes now.

Good to hear you are getting into things. The Lich likely had no idea how the game worked, you get that at lower levels sometimes. Also, friendly tip, you usually don't want to get two of the same item, except in rare cases like a daedulus for instance. I don't know what the best build for mirana is as I never play her but someone else here could probably help.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Okay it was just sad when I saw the K/D. But when I got over and saw the Quelling Blade and the Ogre Club it became hilarious

Strider

Good to hear you are getting into things. The Lich likely had no idea how the game worked, you get that at lower levels sometimes. Also, friendly tip, you usually don't want to get two of the same item, except in rare cases like a daedulus for instance. I don't know what the best build for mirana is as I never play her but someone else here could probably help.

yea I kinda figured that and I've no idea why I made two of the same items. By all means I'm still not very good and I make mistakes building items pretty often and sometimes I even build the wrong items on accident :/ I usually add what I need to the quick buy bar and then sometimes end up with something completely different (I guess there's overlap in things I'm trying to upgrade). Definitely gotta watch that more.

My main issue with items is i find myself opting for the same ones regardless of my hero choice because I don't know them all yet and I fall into a comfort zone. "Well idk what to buy exactly so let me opt for whats worked in the past." I've gotten better as I've learned more of the items but in the heat of the moment this happens.

and yea it's very clear Lich didn't know exactly how to play. I've had my share of awful games so far and I'll definitely have more but damn it was a close game and I wanted to win. I almost turned on caps lock and told lich to just hide the base lol

Razzer

Okay it was just sad when I saw the K/D. But when I got over and saw the Quelling Blade and the Ogre Club it became hilarious

The dazzle appears to be building a battlefury.

Edit: About item builds, in the top left there is a book symbol. Click it and it brings up a menu full of guides on the hero you are playing. They are a good starting point, although eventually you will want to stop relying on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom