• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think the early game you need to treat him like a pudge (someone said that here earlier and after playing more I agree) except he's more mobile and comes online deadlier and faster. He's guaranteed a kill at lvl 3 unless you're incredibly defensive, but his early to mid can still be severely neutered by good warding and map awareness me thinks. In the mid game though he can still wreck just about any moderate team fight with his ridiculous silence no matter how hard you shut him down earlier. I don't know what you do about that. Make it so the length of the silence is dependent on how close you are to him maybe? That could be fun, better than just nerfing it or making it level dependent.

Edit: Mrs. Incontrol looks way different.
Twas me. Just counterpick him in Lane with Silencer / Puck / OD, or he comes online so much slower if he's not offlane or mid.

Also I've has 2 mid SandKing's in my past 10 matches, I blame Mushi.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why is the stage setup so janky.

edit: Haz, teach me how to ES so I can dominate scrubs b4 nerfs thx.
0) practice kicks and combo in -wtf mode
1) pick es
2) Hit 3, kill
3) Kill every time you have 225 mana - Build Urn
4) Hit 6
5) Kill 2 or more heroes every 80s
6) Build any items you want, win game

The main thing is to proactively use your silence to deny tower pushes and guard towers in solo queue and maintain rune control 100% of the time while laning. I get put mid maybe 50% or more as ES (Dunno if it's just people not picking mid because I picked ES, or what). Just LH and harass with pull until 3 for the 75 mana and keep the bottle filled. Make plays with Rune. Kill mid at 6, Kill mid at 6 again, then go kill other lanes and take towers from your urn charges + mana boots.

Mid build: Tangos + 3 gg branches -> Bottle -> Boots / TP -> Urn -> Arcane -> Shivas/Mech/Veil/Force (If Riki/Clock) -> Vlads/Gem/Sheep

fiore

Banned
I would love to perfect earth spirit's combo where you can silence and do the faster boulder using one stone remnant. Jerax seems to be able to do it all the time.

Quesa

0) practice kicks and combo in -wtf mode
1) pick es
2) Hit 3, kill
3) Kill every time you have 225 mana - Build Urn
4) Hit 6
5) Kill 2 or more heroes every 80s
6) Build any items you want, win game

The main thing is to proactively use your silence to deny tower pushes and guard towers in solo queue and maintain rune control 100% of the time while laning. I get put mid maybe 50% or more as ES (Dunno if it's just people not picking mid because I picked ES, or what). Just LH and harass with pull until 3 for the 75 mana and keep the bottle filled. Make plays with Rune. Kill mid at 6, Kill mid at 6 again, then go kill other lanes and take towers from your urn charges + mana boots.

Mid build: Tangos + 3 gg branches -> Bottle -> Boots / TP -> Urn -> Arcane -> Shivas/Mech/Veil/Force (If Riki/Clock) -> Vlads/Gem/Sheep

I can also attest to the fact that he's not as hard as you might think. You don't have to be a micro god to get kills. I still can't seem to get the level 3 kill, I had to face a silencer in the safe lane, fucked up kicks and pulls in my last match as him and still ended up doing way better than I should have. Just gotta practice those combos vs bots. A lot of the intimidation has to do with his high skill ceiling, but even if you're only utilizing him at %50 efficiency you're probably doing alright.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Come on Fnatic :[
I would love to perfect earth spirit's combo where you can silence and do the faster boulder using one stone remnant. Jerax seems to be able to do it all the time.
Kick (silence), pull, roll. Just spam pull since it'll be the only friendly object and the rock stops in front of you so you can't miss the roll.
Problem is if you miss the kick you have a CD cycle to wait so it's not as reliable, sometimes you want to do it if you are against two heroes though.
I can also attest to the fact that he's not as hard as you might think. You don't have to be a micro god to get kills. I still can't seem to get the level 3 kill, I had to face a silencer in the safe lane, fucked up kicks and pulls in my last match as him and still ended up doing way better than I should have. Just gotta practice those combos vs bots. A lot of the intimidation has to do with his high skill ceiling, but even if you're only utilizing him at %50 efficiency you're probably doing alright.
Just Silence and you'll be doing fine.

Remember, Kicks don't care where the rock is, just where the cursor is relative to the exact center of your hero.

Lotto

It's a shame Fnatic couldn't have their full roster for this; they'd definitely be doing better than they are right now.

Mohasus

weeeeeeeeee

f89MRZo.jpg

fiore

Banned
Come on Fnatic :[

Kick (silence), pull, roll. Just spam pull since it'll be the only friendly object and the rock stops in front of you so you can't miss the roll.
Problem is if you miss the kick you have a CD cycle to wait so it's not as reliable, sometimes you want to do it if you are against two heroes though.

Just Silence and you'll be doing fine.

Remember, Kicks don't care where the rock is, just where the cursor is relative to the exact center of your hero.
That's actually a not bad idea, the one I had in mind was rock behind enemy, pull, then silence kick AND roll into him. This is harder to achieve

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's actually a not bad idea, the one I had in mind was rock behind enemy, pull, then silence kick AND roll into him. This is harder to achieve
I don't think you can do that since you kick faster than you roll.

Using 2 stones for a combo is fine since it's reliable. Pull, roll, drop rock, silence.
I missed a Tusk? Did they dick people over by plugging people them into shards?
+ Leech Seed + Sigil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom