• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
d9MUXW3.jpg

2v4kfAb.jpg

ElyrionX

Played a couple of games as support Alch so far. I like him. A lot. He feels really versatile and seemingly able to transition to semi-carry. Couple of questions:

1. So far, my items are brown boots, Mek, Vlads and AC. I rarely reach AC in most games since I'm usually warding and I consider Vlads to be situational (probably wouldn't buy if my team has 3 ranged or more). Are my items suitable for a support Alch?

2. My friend says to buy Dagger for him and while I understand the reasoning, I'm not so sure how good it will work with him. Any thoughts?

3. I notice that the moment I hit level 6, I can jungle quite easily with just one point in acid and ult. With that said, my early points tend to go towards maxing stun first then acid then greed. Now, I'm thinking an early point in acid, max stun then greed then acid might make for a better transition to semi-carry. Thoughts?

Sibylus

Banned
The armor reduction on acid is flat and instant, so I would think you wouldn't have to worry about not putting in points in Greed until much later- you're a killing machine who can earn gold that way.

Played a couple of games as support Alch so far. I like him. A lot. He feels really versatile and seemingly able to transition to semi-carry. Couple of questions:

1. So far, my items are brown boots, Mek, Vlads and AC. I rarely reach AC in most games since I'm usually warding and I consider Vlads to be situational (probably wouldn't buy if my team has 3 ranged or more). Are my items suitable for a support Alch?

2. My friend says to buy Dagger for him and while I understand the reasoning, I'm not so sure how good it will work with him. Any thoughts?

3. I notice that the moment I hit level 6, I can jungle quite easily with just one point in acid and ult. With that said, my early points tend to go towards maxing stun first then acid then greed. Now, I'm thinking an early point in acid, max stun then greed then acid might make for a better transition to semi-carry. Thoughts?
Medallion is pretty good for the early game. Cheap and the minus armor from the acid and that will just melt people.

And (I think) you can cast medallion just before the stun hits people for maximum damage.

Low Tier
lol @ all the es defenders in this thread.

also razor loses horribly to viper wtf. Viper has longer range and will just completely shut down razor in lane.

Sibylus

Banned
Christ, Twitch needs to add back quality labels to streams, annoying as shit trying to figure out what each is in practice for particular streams. Popularity sure did ruin that good thing we had going there.

Mordeccai

So I was a non-believer on the Earth Spirit wagon until last night. I decided to give him a shot, played five ranked matches, won all five. Once you get comfortable with his skills, the hero is ridiculous.

I usually end up playing him support in lane because somebody always rushes mid. What do you guys build on him for support? My last few games I went arcane boots, mek, drums, force staff.

Manus

lol @ all the es defenders in this thread.

also razor loses horribly to viper wtf. Viper has longer range and will just completely shut down razor in lane.

I like to counter Viper with Bloodseeker. Blood Bath is great since you never have to leave lane to recover health from Viper's harass.

Medalion and/or urn are good on him for the utility and the HP or armour. Also, I believe that the % based mana regen works on the fixed regen you get from your ult.

SamVimes

Just to jump on the earth spirit hate train: i know a very average player that gained more than 900 party mmr and like 500 solo just by picking ES every single game.

Artanisix

Just to jump on the earth spirit hate train: i know a very average player that gained more than 900 party mmr and like 500 solo just by picking ES every single game.

Lol yeah there are a lot of those kinds of players right now, they're in for a rude awakening when Kaolin is nerfed and their MMR plummits hardcore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Show of hands, anyone think I can make it to 4000 mmr by months end with just cm mode? I'm at 3825ish now, likey need 7 net wins.

BHK3

Banned
Is battlefury on Kunkka good or something? Seems counter intuitive to me but loads of Kunkka's I see get it.

I don't see a point to it, I would rather rush a crit blade for him for farming or a shadow blade if the whole game is nothing but skirmishes.

Razzer

What situations call for it?

All I could think of was against a PL or 5 melee heroes who all want to rightclick a lot. Other than that I always see people try to get crits to go for mega tidebringer hits. Kunkka isn't a hard carry so I always thought bfury would be weird on him. Oh well.

All I could think of was against a PL or 5 melee heroes who all want to rightclick a lot. Other than that I always see people try to get crits to go for mega tidebringer hits. Kunkka isn't a hard carry so I always thought bfury would be weird on him. Oh well.

I quite like it if I'm getting into lots of teamfights. And for some reason, I always seem to get it like 15 mins in with Kunkka.

Demoli

For some reason the vast majority of the ones I see in pubs/ranked are bad. Am I in some kind of dimensional Earth Spirit-trench?

Like someone said before, ES is OP in the sense that he makes unreal amount fo space to his team.

That does not mean that his team will take advantage of the space that is given, so even if he snowballs, if the rest of the team doesn't, wll, thats it.

Hylian7

Like someone said before, ES is OP in the sense that he makes unreal amount fo space to his team.

That does not mean that his team will take advantage of the space that is given, so even if he snowballs, if the rest of the team doesn't, wll, thats it.

But the bads ones I've seen don't do that...they go ham at the wrong times, don't skill properly, don't use the right combos, etc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The one that just came out, the one from a few days ago, which?

Edit: Oh, they patched the game 45 minutes ago? I didn't even notice.
Yeah, the one that came out literally just in time for me to start a new game in which every single player crashed upwards of 2 times. Some of them close to 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom