• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. I can't tell if I got some Legendary Pudge Tassels after a game because it just dropped for me or because I got it because I bought a compendium. EIther way, I don't really want it. I don't know what I could get for it if I traded.

Acinixys

Oh wow. I can't tell if I got some Legendary Pudge Tassels after a game because it just dropped for me or because I got it because I bought a compendium. EIther way, I don't really want it. I don't know what I could get for it if I traded.

Sell it on the market then

That's nice, you could get about 4/5 Euros for it on the market!
Was worth 7 a couple of days ago :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope not.

Someone told me this was a good show.

They lied.

It seemed like it would of had an interesting story. Then they decided they would have none of that, and rewrote the entire plot.

Also, the big issue with winning a "won game" early is teams simply don't stop defending and pushing T3 towers is really damn hard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bot games are an amazingly accurate representation of low level pub games, whomever did their AI is a genius.

I still feel the Bot early game AI got nerfed at one point. They used to have deadly reflexes and timing, and the exact moment your HP fell low enough to kill in a combo they would execute it flawlessly.

They always have sucked in the later part of the game sadly.

inkls

Please tell me how I can win when our only carry has died 5 times during the laning phase, is buying 20x sentry wards, is feeding the courier and is idling in the base.

Now I'm waiting for the courtesy stomp in my favour because of enforced 50% winrate. It usually shows up every 5 or so losses.

Meanwhile at 56% winrate...

Hylian7

I'm sure you're convinced Valve is watching this thread and taking note, and you're not just trying to satisfy your own ego because someone disagrees with me on the internet.

I'll take it one step further then. This back-and-forth will lead to nowhere and does nothing. Neither party will ever convince the other. It's like trench warfare at its most stagnant during the Great War. All it accomplishes is a shittier experience for everyone involved.

I'm calling this topic borderline threadshitting.
I see what you did there.

Pudge arcana would be the most boring thing ever.

Also Valve is going to have an awkward time finding a slot for it that doesn't conflict with already valuable items (so don't expect a hook, back or head item). I just don't want it to happen at all, especially since a Pudge arcana isn't even out of the realm to be added without a vote, while some heroes, like Io or Jakiro have no chance without this vote.

Demoli

Those kittens will ruin those chairs, my cat had a litter a few years ago, and my chairs look like they were in a blender.

Acinixys

Pudge arcana would be the most boring thing ever.

Also Valve is going to have an awkward time finding a slot for it that doesn't conflict with already valuable items (so don't expect a hook, back or head item). I just don't want it to happen at all, especially since a Pudge arcana isn't even out of the realm to be added without a vote, while some heroes, like Io or Jakiro have no chance without this vote.

I would love a Pudge Arcana. Way more shit Pudge pickers for me to destroy mid with PotM of the Moon/Necro/DP/Wisp/Void

Basically any hero really

ViviOggi

Please tell me how I can win when our only carry has died 5 times during the laning phase, is buying 20x sentry wards, is feeding the courier and is idling in the base.
I thought we were talking about every god damn game

Now I'm waiting for the courtesy stomp in my favour because of enforced 50% winrate. It usually shows up every 5 or so losses.
Seems like the matchmaker has succeeded in placing you in the correct skill range then.

FACE

Banned
I still feel the Bot early game AI got nerfed at one point. They used to have deadly reflexes and timing, and the exact moment your HP fell low enough to kill in a combo they would execute it flawlessly.

They always have sucked in the later part of the game sadly.

We must be talking extremely low level then. If I play Puck against them they break the Dream Coils every time.

The enemy bot AI still is better than the friendly bot AI.

After 10 minutes this happens over and over: "Pushing top" -> Team gets wiped. At least you can keep pinging one of your towers until they go back.

The enemy bot AI still is better than the friendly bot AI.

After 10 minutes this happens over and over: "Pushing top" -> Team gets wiped. At least you can keep pinging one of your towers until they go back.

my favorite:

"Go on Viper!"

"I'm out!"

*Viper triple kill!*

>____>

speaking of, fuck Viper bot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clearly the AI didn't trust you enough to gank. Skynet is nigh!

Messiah

I usually ragequit botgames at the point the 5-man starts. Private Lobby that is.

Guys, I am not so sure this Emulator business is a good idea.

FACE

Banned
Clearly the AI didn't trust you enough to gank. Skynet is nigh!

iE7y49LOl3nY8.gif

I usually ragequit botgames at the point the 5-man starts. Private Lobby that is.

Just hit an enemy tower/structure a few times and bail once they mass TP.

Hylian7

I was teaching someone that was brand new to Dota in a co-op bot game once. Our team was all humans. The Drow bought no items and I said "Drow, you really should buy some items. Do you need help on which ones to get?" and got "STFU and play ur own champ" She laned with Chaos Knight and they both quit 10 minutes in. I was Tinker and we still won it though. My friend was playing Lich.

FACE

Banned
I was teaching someone that was brand new to Dota in a co-op bot game once. Our team was all humans. The Drow bought no items and I said "Drow, you really should buy some items. Do you need help on which ones to get?" and got "STFU and play ur own champ" She laned with Chaos Knight and they both quit 10 minutes in. I was Tinker and we still won it though. My friend was playing Lich.

Fucking League scrubs.

Ketch

Almost this exact thing happened to me. I told a DK he should buy a TP. His response: "Don't tell me how to play my hero noob"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't even know what a lone druid arcana would consist of since he gets multiple model changes with every damn set.

BeesEight

He's casting the EU games, think he's annoyed that have all this talent and most of them just want to sit around on the couch.

They're still doing casting at the house though I haven't tuned in because I listen to the BTS crew for the American qualifiers.

I think there's more factors going into this than "people lazy on a couch." For one, all streams are competing with views since TI is free and it's really hard to compete with their in-client spectator tools especially since the audio tracks are included. Then, of course, there's four different games (of varying quality) and often two different English broadcasters all splitting the views.

The couch, however, has nothing competing with it. We had lots of people say prior they just want to have some entertaining commentary and don't care about professional casts so there's clearly an appeal for this style. At some point, the knowledge and "professionalism" of the pro casters just won't mean much to a lot of people who already have a strong (or perceived) knowledge of the game. That Capitalist is a less popular caster from the supporting English studio competing with a lot of other similar options and the game client itself may have more to do with his disappointing viewer numbers than some kittens and a sofa.

I also think the couch had 10k less viewers last night during the tie-breaker games which I feel demonstrates more people prefer the serious casting than Big Brother Dota. It's novel and new more than anything else.

That's kind of sad, people like that probably abandon Dota after one game even though they might enjoy it if they took the time to learn how it works. Watching some Purge casts a Pub videos I realized that a lot of players do some random shit in their first game, get trashed by the one player that kind of understands item and skill builds, and then leave the game forever. Maybe if there was some kind of way to help out those players, like coaches assigned to entire teams or something.

Hylian7

My hands still have PTSD blister scars from Mario Party 1 so anything afterwards is better.

On a more on topic question, when looking at dotabuff match recaps the abbreviation HD / HH means Hero Damage / Hero Healing ?
Yeah, that's correct. TD = Tower Damage as well

Hylian7

That's kind of sad, people like that probably abandon Dota after one game even though they might enjoy it if they took the time to learn how it works. Watching some Purge casts a Pub videos I realized that a lot of players do some random shit in their first game, get trashed by the one player that kind of understands item and skill builds, and then leave the game forever. Maybe if there was some kind of way to help out those players, like coaches assigned to entire teams or something.
The funny thing was I was nice to that guy and offered him help.

That also happened long before coaching was implemented.

DrTeflon

Anyone had issues activating their compendiums? I bought one, along with a 2400 compendium points pack. Activated mine and now it says I dont have it..

it seems a lot of people are having the same issues as me on Dota 2 Dev

The funny thing was I was nice to that guy and offered him help.

That also happened long before coaching was implemented.

Well those people are hopeless cases, but I bet there's tons of people that would like some help getting into the game but don't know anyone personally that could help them. I know I spent tons of time watching pro games and streams before I ever felt confident enough to start playing actual PvP, and I know I'm not the only one that was so intimidated by the depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom