• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
HYPE HYPE HYPE STRAIGHT IN MY VEINS

is it bad that I'm more excited about some of the amazing hats in this patch than some of the changelogs, fkn god patch

Man, Legion Commander's Duel no longer shutting down aura's is gonna hurt against PA. That makes Blademail pretty much required and another thing to piano key through (I can be kinda bad with this, I'm totally a shitty Tinker); Press the Attack, Armlet, BKB, Blademail, Blink Dagger (or Shadow Blade) and ult. The base damage drop to Overwhelming Odds kinda sucks but there's the damage per creep and hero modifier so that doesn't hurt as much. The Press the Attack mana cost kinda hurts too, gonna have to be more conservative and maybe not have enough mana to heal/buff a teammate or yourself during or after a fight early.

shira

GAF 1v1 tournament: Smashootarrowhitarrowal
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

shira said:
Rules:
- mid lane only
- 2 kills or tower = gg
- runes/bottle crow ok, no soul ring
- 10 minutes, tiebreaker = kills>CS>LH>EXP>gold

format = open skill, mirana vs mirana
winner prize = Crescent Bow aka Sperm Arrow
RNG participation winners = Stryff the Owlion, New Anuxi POTM set from the 6.82 chest +/- a few days
(If you won a prize in the Gaftechieshiral then you can't win an RNG prize this time, but Gafternashiral winners are all eligible.)
t1411844400z1.png

This tourney will be more EU zone time-friendly
Sponsored by the number 322

d7G2F2y.png

inkls

GUYS NEW PL ACTUALLY DOES MORE DMG COMPARED TO OLD PL

Ok here's the deal. Old PL total dmg output was 140% + 160/256 (100% base dmg +20% multiplied by 7 since the ult tooltip said that PL counted towards the illusion cap.

+24/32 diffusal 1 or 2 multiplied by 8.

So say you had 200 dmg your dmg output would be 480+160/256 = 640/736 without calculating armor reduction.

New PL total dmg is 260% + 275 since the ult does not state that PL counts towards the illusion cap now so with 200 dmg you'd do 520+275 dmg = 995 dmg without calculating armor reduction!!!

ALSO Patch notes say illusions take 500% increased dmg, but ingame it states they take 400% (from 350% of old PL). I don't know which one is wrong here.

SO HERE YOU HAVE IT GUYS. NEW PL DOES MORE DMG! HIS TOTAL DMG OUTPUT HAS BEEN BUFFED! THIS IS THE BEST DOTA PATCH EVER.

Razzer

Ok here's the deal. Old PL total dmg output was 140% + 160/256 (100% base dmg +20% multiplied by 7 since the ult tooltip said that PL counted towards the illusion cap.

So say you had 200 dmg your dmg output would be 480+160/256 = 640/736 without calculating armor reduction.

New PL total dmg is 260% + 275 since the ult does not state that PL counts towards the illusion cap now so with 200 dmg you'd do 520+275 dmg = 995 dmg without calculating armor reduction!!!

ALSO Patch notes say illusions take 500% increased dmg, but ingame it states they take 400% (from 350% of old PL). I don't know which one is wrong here.

SO HERE YOU HAVE IT GUYS. NEW PL DOES MORE DMG! HIS TOTAL DMG OUTPUT HAS BEEN BUFFED! THIS IS THE BEST DOTA PATCH EVER.

Ez game. He may even elevate to fave hero soon, but I need t spam him for a while to test.

Artanisix

Old PL was basically a shitty naga anyway, new PL is lightyears more fun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
GAF 1v1 tournament: Smashootarrowhitarrowal
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Shira, I was thinking, if you keep running these maybe apply for a Dota TV ticket. If I remember correctly, you can make them free to watch (Though its possible that may only be available to higher tier tournaments)

What are the requirements to have your league ticket accepted into Dota 2?
Currently, we do not have any minimum requirements for leagues to be accepted into Dota 2.

shira

Kotlguy looks so normal next to Zyori.

つ ◕3◕ ༽つ KISS HIM つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

Shira, I was thinking, if you keep running these maybe apply for a Dota TV ticket. If I remember correctly, you can make them free to watch (Though its possible that may only be available to higher tier tournaments)

Yeah I'm trying to put something together with a top workshop artist. But I'm lazy.
Oh and here we go. Good gem too RNG prize for muh tourney. More info here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900899
AfHbVJL.png

Watcher

anyone else get that issues where the dota update randomly stops and says busy writing to disk?

happens to me every patch and it drives me nuts. been stuck at 86 percent for 5 mins

Satch

Banned
anyone else get that issues where the dota update randomly stops and says busy writing to disk?

happens to me every patch and it drives me nuts. been stuck at 86 percent for 5 mins

mine doesnt give a message, but it does randomly stop at times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom