• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

facepalm.gif

The games where the other team outscores you by a 2:1 ratio... after comeback changes... I think those involve people who have bought an account. No way can a game go that badly unless you're just completely out of your league.

Ketch

Instead of saying if it's good or bad, let's talk about how the comeback gold effects current strats.

Obviously it hurts early push line ups.

I think it's also pretty bad for split pushing strats.

I guess it benefits tri-core greedy line ups?

What about 4 protect one?

I think maybe the best way to play is greedy drafts with supports who can transition into damage late game. Wraith king, Mirana, venge, alch supports.

Or maybe somehow drafting around a never lose team fights strat? Is that a thing? Tanky cores with healing support? DK, omni, dazzle abbadon kind of stuff.

What's the most reliable way to win in new patch?

dont come back, life is better without dota

Truth. Don't do it.

I'll probably get frustrated that I'm not the best player in the world yet after playing 2 games a day for about a week and then quit again.

Or I'll get hooked again and ruin uni and the rest of my life

EDIT: When playing Weaver mid: Aquila, Bottle+Wraith, or Aquila+Bottle? I feel like finishing Aquila is a waste of money if you have bottle since you don't really need the mana or armor.

BHK3

Banned
Instead of saying if it's good or bad, let's talk about how the comeback gold effects current strats.

Obviously it hurts early push line ups.

I think it's also pretty bad for split pushing strats.

I guess it benefits tri-core greedy line ups?

What about 4 protect one?

I think maybe the best way to play is greedy drafts with supports who can transition into damage late game. Wraith king, Mirana, venge, alch supports.

Or maybe somehow drafting around a never lose team fights strat? Is that a thing? Tanky cores with healing support? DK, omni, dazzle abbadon kind of stuff.

What's the most reliable way to win in new patch?

I just won my first 6.82 game because of the change. My team fed early on and they rushed us nonstop, we barely one fight with me getting a triple kill as warlock and it gave me like fucking 3000 gold and I got aghs and the rest of the game was ez.

Then again for some reason it put me in a Sub 3K game for some reason

12f2c21571.png

Big Dog

Based 6.82 patch of allowing my team to come back from getting wiped multiple times early and getting picked off individually for awhile. The Night Stalker did so well early game and kept us pretty crippled until a few chronos, some amazing hooks from Clockwerk and some RP's gave us a clear lead in like 2 consecutive team wipes.

monocromo

So many damn bugs this patch, first urn wasn't working when I used on myself during rupture (not moving), second, Heaven's Halberd did jack shit against an LC that was dueling.

Im not trying to play Devils Advocate because Dota can be a buggy game sometimes so dont hate me but at least regarding your second point i think you cant use Halberd on people who are dueling. Cant speak about the urn thingy.

Feels to me that teams with big ults will win this patch. Not exactly a big surprise. Being able to catch the snowballer and punish gets you alot further than before.

I could see the rewards staying with slightly less benefit. The days of one person going ham on 5 are gone unless they make no mistakes.

Praise be to frog.

Artanisix

Wow sna was able to get a kill on brewmaster and wisp and lion and were able to flatten a 15k gold and xp lead and regain map control!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please revert to 6.81 Razor/DP meta Icefraud.

Razzer

Wow sna was able to get a kill on brewmaster and wisp and lion and were able to flatten a 15k gold and xp lead and regain map control!

Yeah, I think EG kinda showed that being careful and not overcommiting will be important. They didn't take any big risks until they had a rax really.

It's a nerf to CIS Dota, and a buff to Chinese Dota!

Jex

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2hjvkc/snowballing_in_681_vs_682_a_preliminary_analysis/

So far I feel that the data is supporting that the bounty change is a good change. It's a big nerf against deathball strats that were previously *impossible* to come back from. People are overselling how large the comeback mechanic is; if you have a lead, dying a few times doesn't suddenly mean the other team is on even grounds with you, and often times all the comeback xp and gold is frontloaded onto one or two heroes.

So far, I'm basically okay with this. All I can see is that leads are considerably more fragile than previously and I'm okay with that change. It seems like a drastic change because it is, people are used to having a certain amount of security when they've achieved a significant lead over their opponent. Now, any mistakes will be punished severely.

Falk

that puzzling face
Half the time I get the feeling people just ban batrider because they don't know who else to ban.

edit: That came out more snide than I intended.

I meant more of it's more of a 'I'm familiar with how to play this hero and capitalize on it' thing than a 'this hero is still OP' thing, leading to more picks, which in turn leads to more bans.

Im not trying to play Devils Advocate because Dota can be a buggy game sometimes so dont hate me but at least regarding your second point i think you cant use Halberd on people who are dueling. Cant speak about the urn thingy.

I'ma hate on u so hard dawg.

That sounds right, but I don't know, I swear I could used HH on her before while she was fighting, atleast people that weren't dueling could cc her I'm pretty sure. AFAIK it was just the person and her were pretty much doomed and it ignored passives, outside of that it was fair game.

FACE

Banned
So many damn bugs this patch, first urn wasn't working when I used on myself during rupture (not moving), second, Heaven's Halberd did jack shit against an LC that was dueling.

From patch 6.79:

Dueling units cannot be disarmed or Force Staffed away

Edit: That's what I get for not refreshing the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom