• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

What the hell was going on in c9 v alliance?

Trying to watch the vod because I went to bed before it started but looks like a total shit show.

DDOS? or just reg server issues?

that sand storm though.

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

edit: Looks like the lag was so bad they just called the first game a draw after 100 minutes.

edit2: should I even bother watching this series? seems like its all lagged out... turns out no. big waste of time get your shit together china

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aww shit another classic am vs medusa, goblak literally picks the same team every game lol

let's see how this goes, medusa has had the edge in this patch

Acinixys

aww shit another classic am vs medusa, goblak literally picks the same team every game lol

let's see how this goes, medusa has had the edge in this patch

Every time VP pick Medusa she buys Linkins 1st which is a fucking terrible item on that hero

Then they lose because its 30 mins and Medusa is doing only 70 damage a hit with split shot

New Spirit Breaker is pretty good tho

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Every time VP pick Medusa she buys Linkins 1st which is a fucking terrible item on that hero

Then they lose because its 30 mins and Medusa is doing only 70 damage a hit with split shot

I dunno man pretty sure they are something like 4-1 with this medusa + mag combo. And I love linken's on dusa, it gives her all the sustain she needs, some damage, and the 17s spell block can't be underestimated, it's a HUGE survivability boost, especially as she stacks more items on top of it (and medusa never goes BKB so linken's is very nice). Linken's is to dusa/morphling what battlefury is to AM/ember, but it also comes with the added survivability boost, which is a nice plus.

Also linken's got a huge buff last patch with a few big abilities now getting blocked (culling blade/static link) and also maelstrom/mjolnir no longer proc linken's which was the dumbest thing ever.

Acinixys

I dunno man pretty sure they are someting like 4-1 with this medusa + mag combo. And I love linken's on dusa, it gives her all the sustain she needs, some damage, and the 17s spell block can't be underestimated, it's a HUGE survivability boost, especially as she stacks more items on top of it (and medusa never goes BKB so linken's is very nice). Linken's is to dusa/morphling what battlefury is to AM/ember, but it also comes with the added survivability boost, which is a nice plus.

Also linken's got a huge buff last patch with a few big abilities now getting blocked (culling blade/static link) and also maelstrom/mjolnir no longer proc linken's which was the dumbest thing ever.

So... I guess Medusa wasnt even needed XD. That 14 min gg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So... I guess Medusa wasnt even needed XD. That 14 min gg

Well part of the gg was that they got rekt so hard early game that it became impossible for them to contest a mag + dusa late game. Once that combo hits the 20-25 minute mark, the game becomes an absolute nightmare, and forget about going 70+ minutes unless the medusa happens to be called Silent and said dusa forgets to put on mana shield, buys a divine rapier, and then feeds it to the enemy team.

she's a great fukking hero this patch

Chris R

I go to bed and wake up to crazy ass stuff between [A] and C9 :eek:

edit: so wait, game 1 was called a tie and the series went 1-1? D2L allowed the bets to go through?

I missed the c9 v A game. Seems like the WR + drow aura worked out well?
Now I wait tell the day they do the Huskar + drow aura combo. It will be glorious.

Ketch

I missed the c9 v A game. Seems like the WR + drow aura worked out well?
Now I wait tell the day they do the Huskar + drow aura combo. It will be glorious.

Where did you watch the game at? I tried watching the archive on twitch, but they didn't have the games due to lag

I dunno man pretty sure they are something like 4-1 with this medusa + mag combo. And I love linken's on dusa, it gives her all the sustain she needs, some damage, and the 17s spell block can't be underestimated, it's a HUGE survivability boost, especially as she stacks more items on top of it (and medusa never goes BKB so linken's is very nice). Linken's is to dusa/morphling what battlefury is to AM/ember, but it also comes with the added survivability boost, which is a nice plus.

I would like the item if I didn't feel like I hit as hard as paper with her.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I would like the item if I didn't feel like I hit as hard as paper with her.

ofc but it turns you into a walking fountain so you can farm up a yasha in a few minutes, and then either finish that manta or get a bfly relatively quickly. it's just a sustain item that allows you to participate in fights without getting shredded and also farm quickly with dat hp regen and snake spam

O_O dis phase sny mom luna in vp vs fnatic

G.ZZZ

It's 5 seconds and tbh i could see IF increasing the minimum to 6. Not being able to rebuy is a bit frustrating on non-tank/non-illusion carries.

pompidu

its not like troll was useful to a team late game outside of his ult before the bkb change

Hes more useless now lol. Im not digging these long ass games and wonky comeback mechanics, game is starting to feel more like a grind now. Im torn between liking the changes and hating them.

Edit: why the fuck change it? What was the point?

Razzer

Hes more useless now lol. Im not digging these long ass games and wonky comeback mechanics, game is starting to feel more like a grind now. Im torn between liking the changes and hating them.

Edit: why the fuck change it? What was the point?

I believe it was meant to help supports. With games going later the old bkb would have made supports way less impactful overall.

G.ZZZ

I believe it was meant to help supports. With games going later the old bkb would have made supports way less impactful overall.

It's a double edged sword tbh, because if u nerf bkb, u get things like illusion carries become more appealing and playing as a supp against an illusion carry is a soul crushing experience.

pompidu

So they made the games extremely long because reasons, decided that they were too long now to allow another bkb and nerfed it.

Masterful.

G.ZZZ

GUIDOS about to lose a BO3, come see us somewhere!

We got like 5 standins for this game lol.

Actually game won't be streamed, technical difficulties at the venue so we'll have to do this on local LAN and update the game after.

Ketch

I think the bkb change was meant to help the whole comeback situation thing. If you're up a ton of gold you can't just rebuy a bkb for 10 sec immunity and continue to be safe. It makes the winning team need to rely more on skill then just gold advantage... which is not necessarily bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom