• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i am not a computer engineer

but i dont understand why they cant play the game that then goes out to dota tv separately so if there is a problem it's with the viewers and the players aren't effected I dunno

Its honestly just an unfinished feature, and its something that Valve is planning to implement but hasn't got around to it. The worst thing is that it actually a functional thing back when in game tournament streaming just became a thing, the Starladder Lan finals was a real lan. Valve flew out to Kiev and set up a small server at the lan and broadcasted out to Dota TV.

Radec

They just wont a teamfight.

That enchantress is an awful pick tho.

This pauses must have been awful for the players.

bbd23

sleeping.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tourneys need to take advantage of ddos downtimes, shit let's just go straight to commercial every 7 minutes. maybe bud light will sponsor dota

inkls

Not sure it was a good idea to get crimson guard for Na'Vi here. What dmg is it going to block? Shotgun morphling? (nope) Lich ult? (nope) Timbersaw pure dmg? (nope). Pretty much only thing it does it make it so cm does 0 rightclick dmg.

For VG it would have been more understandable. Negate undying zombies, negate Ursa dmg partially, partly counter armor negation from razor.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm tired of volvo's shoddy production values and quitting this scene for Leeg of Lejends.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe Valve just has to put tournament games on their own small cluster that simply refuses all connections that aren't players/casters.

I wonder if Valve can actually do anything.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are they really getting DDOSd?

Like how hard is it to play on secure servers

Its a LAN for gods sake

Its not on LAN, its an Online game where everyone is in the same room. The Actual LAN doesn't support in game spectating (yet)

I hope ESL just uses LAN mode for game 2.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Navi calls GG during a pause. Already sick of this.

parasight

And this is why you should aways have a fucking LAN mode.

I'm pretty sure they do. But in order to use it the game can't be streamed on DotaTV. These tournaments are just choosing to essentially put the games in DDOS peril so they can get ticket buyers to watch in-game. But what's the point if the games are like this? I feel like ticket buyers would rather the games run properly and have to watch in Twitch.

Acinixys

Its not on LAN, its an Online game where everyone is in the same room. The Actual LAN doesn't support in game spectating (yet)

So you're saying that even though they are in the same room theyre playing on some random Valve server on the EU cluster somewhere and not a private server at the LAN itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom