• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

This right here is stupid, what is valve doing?

creating a list of items to remove from the drop list
SLx19c3.gif

Ketch

how long has this shit been going on? It feels like at least a month of constant dc's and shit. It's so fucking annoying. I know there's nothing they can do, but it's annoying to the point where I don't want to watch... and I bought the tickets which makes it even more fucking annoying.

Why can't we have anything nice?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So you're saying that even though they are in the same room theyre playing on some random Valve server on the EU cluster somewhere and not a private server at the LAN itself?

Right. Except they are playing on a random Valve Server in Virgina I think. There is an in game LAN to host it locally, but DotaTV doesn't work if you use it.

gaf pls..... how do i stop phantom cancer

Crimson Guard.

Radec

Wow I thought they are still waiting for the game to resume, then it was already gg'd.

Not that I'm expecting Na'vi to turn that around.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Good thing you guys payd $5 to watch it client

Ticket never really felt worth it. The online portion was short, and the offline portion is also a bit short too. At least these Red Moon Summons are nice (Though a good number of people on reddit don't like them)

Pyrion just looks so... British.

Also ffs, if Valve is unwilling to implement LAN solution that works with dotatv, can't they at least fucking fix their shitty toaster servers for once? It's not like they are short on money. For the last year or so they have only become worse and worse with each passing day, and as these last few tournaments have shown they have pretty much hit the rock bottom.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys think the "Surprise Factor" with a blink is a big of deal as casters always make it out to be? I would think all the players would have enough game since of when a Blink is going to be finished that unless its unusually early or a hero its unusual on it wouldn't really be a huge deal showing you have a blink.

Wok

I don't know, I actually do feel like I pad like 500 MMR simply due to game knowledge that compensates my crappy timing. Nothing like overall strategy, I just know like 95% of all spell interactions and various other mechanics in the game. I'm not going up until I get better at simple things like last hitting and having a clear idea of where to go.

Also, I think I'm developing arthritis.

Regarding last hitting, I am not even trying to last hit in my MMR bracket. I usually support for the first 15 minutes of the game, even if I play carry. Then I farm while people stand mid, and if my team does not suck too much early game, I usually manage to catch up and carry late game.

Typically:

aBdQm6b.png

or:

HKjzwBP.png

I am not good at last hitting anyway. Even when I try, the last hits cannot compare to a monster like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJuGnncObE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom