• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I wasn't necessarily calling out DJWheat or whatever that initially brought this up. He's pretty inoffensive and white bread in my mind.

I had just forgotten about Destiny and I kind of liked him (no matter how childish he was most of the time) and I'm still bitter about Blizzard being stupid about Starcraft 2.

edit why is this not starting this desk is not exciting

There wasn't anything wrong with the core game for SC2, it's just that Blizzard didn't really exactly have the expertise to do the QoL stuff around the game properly. I'm still shocked at how bad the SC2 UI and UX are, even after all this time.

Destiny is fucking cancer, though

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, this Steam Discovery Queue has shown me there is like 4 Assassin Creed games on PC I never even knew existed. Damn Ubisoft makes a ton of these things.

There wasn't anything wrong with the core game for SC2, it's just that Blizzard didn't really exactly have the expertise to do the QoL stuff around the game properly. I'm still shocked at how bad the SC2 UI and UX are, even after all this time.

Destiny is fucking cancer, though

The client and battle.net were major problems and Blizzard was left in the dust with all of that yes.

I agree the core was okay but I think there were major balancing issues that were never addressed properly and I still can't tell if they were hands off genuinely thinking stuff would sort itself out (which it never did) or if they didn't know what to do.

Not to mention it was right before a lot of this free to play stuff and all the expansion stuff... it was a perfect storm against it.

Destiny was also a massive dick and mostly a terrible person yeah, but he also was kind of funny sometimes and what made him really shine is that most of the other personalities in the scene were fucking trash.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dat EE Morphling
surprise.gif

Ketch

Blizzard being stupid about Starcraft 2.

YEP. They really dropped the ball and feels like they're completely ignoring it now. I'm holding out some hope that maybe somehow they manage to pull there heads out for the last xpac and do something worth talking about.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
they beat everybody else in the qualifiers.

Who wasn't EG or Navi NA.

This is what happens when you have 3 NA spots, and C9 is put in Euro League. They are definitely in the top 4 of American teams, but America is still a really weak region.

Madouu

Why three teams from NA, but only one team from China?

I think it's part of ESL philosophy, they want to give the hosting region more of an advantage. They look at other factors such as attendance, cost and developing their "brand" in a particular region, not just skill.

Also, SNA generally match up pretty well vs Narvi if I'm not mistaken, they're just playing really bad tonight for some reason. They're certainly not top 10 worldwide but they're not bad by any means. You can see that in the few plays whitebeard made this game on sand king for example.

kick ixmike plz

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why three teams from NA, but only one team from China?

No clue. Guesses are that Chinese scene was so unstable after TI4 it was easier to just make it 1 spot, or maybe ESL felt obligated to have more American teams since the lan is in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom