• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

thanks sixghost

what lane, and is this usually supporting or semi carry?

Some of the pro teams have picked him as support, but I have no idea how it works. Offlane is really good since you can use the boar to watch the supports movement, stop them from pulling, or stack the ancients. Once you hit 6 you can leave the lane and go get kills, then farm your ancient stack to catch up on gold.

Kard8p3

Just beat a TB who made shadowblade/dagon. He would get low hp and then go invis sunder someone/dagon them lmao.

its ok tho he was a trashy 4.3k player

Satch

Banned
im spectating moblin's game right now and there's a PA on the enemy team with Treads, Radiance, Aghanim's Scepter, and a Force Staff

i feel like the rest of us should get some perspective on our "trench" woes :lol

Hylian7

im spectating moblin's game right now and there's a PA on the enemy team with Treads, Radiance, Aghanim's Scepter, and a Force Staff

i feel like the rest of us should get some perspective on our "trench" woes :lol

I'm not sure what's more impressive, the fact that they haven't lost already or the fact that PA still could get all that farm at that level.

shira

Malaysia vs First Departure BO1 (Some Thailand LAN)
Mushuna vs Meraclusa

http://www.twitch.tv/heflatv1
Casters seem pretty decent for late night doto.

Aghs PA: Coup de Grace heals opponent for crit healing instead of crit damage.

Hylian7

Supporting idiots is suffering.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/969882357

Right off the bat I buy wards, courier, some regen and a clarity, and already Ursa bitches at me for not buying Sentries too. I'm not a goddamn bank.

I'm buying sentries as I can afford them, then Ursa says "Bane not buy sentries" and buys FOURTEEN SENTRIES WITH ALL HIS FUCKIING MONEY.

Now after 50 minutes all he has is BKB and a Blink Dagger. But this is somehow Bane's fault for not buying sentries, as Ursa walks up to high ground into the most obvious Remote Mines trap ever and dies.

Wok

Supporting idiots is suffering.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/969882357

Right off the bat I buy wards, courier, some regen and a clarity, and already Ursa bitches at me for not buying Sentries too. I'm not a goddamn bank.

I'm buying sentries as I can afford them, then Ursa says "Bane not buy sentries" and buys FOURTEEN SENTRIES WITH ALL HIS FUCKIING MONEY.

Now after 50 minutes all he has is BKB and a Blink Dagger. But this is somehow Bane's fault for not buying sentries, as Ursa walks up to high ground into the most obvious Remote Mines trap ever and dies.

Against Bounty Hunter, I would rather skip observer wards for sentries.

sleZDXO.png

Nobody can blame your supporting the team anyway. Only the gem was really dumb since your team lost the gem after less than a minute.

VWlAT5V.png

16 heroes left in the all-hero challenge. Winning with Bane, Dark Seer, Storm Spirit and Queen of Pain will be problematic.

Hylian7

Against Bounty Hunter, I would rather skip observer wards for sentries.

sleZDXO.png

Nobody can blame your supporting the team anyway. Only the gems were really dumb since your team lost each gem after less than a minute.

We only had one gem and that was LD's fault for stupidly diving into 3 people by himself when we told him to back.

Ursa's early deaths could have been avoided until I could afford sentries, as Obs are too crucial to skip in any game.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I have streamlined my favourite Invoker build, which I proudly call Infoker (mostly because it requires an ultra level of lone wolf type gameplay).

.Wex, Wex, Exort (edit)

.Midas
.PT
.Mask of Madness
.Daedalus
.Monkey King Bar
.Abyssal Blade

Kalnos

Banned
^Bane is just one of those heroes that doesn't really need many items tbh... Necro would be good for counterwarding, pushing, damage during your ult and the mana drain in addition to the mana drain part of Bane's ult. Not to mention the stats on the necro are just good.

I would just build standard support items in 99% of cases. Blink is good for initiating and setting up ganks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just get Arcanes Blink on Bane. Aghs or BKB for hue.
Gank every time ulti is up free kills
Haha the lol casters have ties and vests. 2GD basically woke up and showed up to TI with a top and jeans
Because - oh wait it's shira you already know.
Employed by Riot for entire LCS Season, etc.

kasane

been playing a lot of mid/offlane LC this week

i think im 3-3 record with about 150+ damage stolen give or take

my teammates always like to throw by just farming when our lead is huge

Acinixys

jesus fuck i'm never playing support again, and i'm never raising my mmr, i only seem to be attracting morons on my team.

27% winrate on ranked. sigh.

Dont support in ranked games

Go mid or prepare to lose every game due to your shit team feeding

Its the only way to win in this game unless you 5 stack with people who arent retarded

is anybody here good with Beastmaster?

ive tried playing him before and he just seems like garbage. what do you even do with him besides counter Enigma with his ult?

BM is a 100% shit hero

I had him for my hero challenge and it took me 5 tries to win a game because hes so useless.

His skills are basically

Q - Shit AoE damage spells that misses 1/2 the time
W - Summon Pigeon
D - Summon Orb Of Venom that can walk around
E - Worthless Aura
R - Svens stun but its an ulti

Icefraud pls remake this hero cause at the moment hes boring as shit and his skill set makes no sense

k everything you said is wrong

fite me IRL noob

Ultimatum

Banned
Dont support in ranked games

Go mid or prepare to lose every game due to your shit team feeding

Its the only way to win in this game unless you 5 stack with people who arent retarded

BM is a 100% shit hero

I had him for my hero challenge and it took me 5 tries to win a game because hes so useless.

His skills are basically

Q - Shit AoE damage spells that misses 1/2 the time
W - Summon Pigeon
D - Summon Orb Of Venom that can walk around
E - Worthless Aura
R - Svens stun but its an ulti

Icefraud pls remake this hero cause at the moment hes boring as shit and his skill set makes no sense

k everything you said is wrong

Wok

^Bane is just one of those heroes that doesn't really need many items tbh... Necro would be good for counterwarding, pushing, damage during your ult and the mana drain in addition to the mana drain part of Bane's ult. Not to mention the stats on the necro are just good.

I would just build standard support items in 99% of cases. Blink is good for initiating and setting up ganks.

Just get Arcanes Blink on Bane. Aghs or BKB for hue.
Gank every time ulti is up free kills

Alright, it was not that hard to win with Bane once I understood he was a ganker.

GrFLXhv.png

vhpq6fk.png

ulU1tDL.png
112jCWy.png

Thanks for the advice.

So what's the proper way to play Terrorblade now? I watched some of EE's stream but I can't really make sense of what he's trying to do. It's just a combination of farming and feeding and then barking orders at his teammates.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
how is winning in ranked with a support different from winning with a support in pubs?

I can imagine if you try to do stuff like stack jungle creeps and ward areas that your teammates aren't going to pay attention to at a low mmr but picking more obvious and impactful supports like lion can net you quite a few wins.

then once you get better teams you can transition into the more tryharding kind of support.

Ultrabum

how is winning in ranked with a support different from winning with a support in pubs?

I can imagine if you try to do stuff like stack jungle creeps and ward areas that your teammates aren't going to pay attention to at a low mmr but picking more obvious and impactful supports like lion can net you quite a few wins.

then once you get better teams you can transition into the more tryharding kind of support.

I'm at 4K solo MMR (or at least I was, I'm not playing so much these days) and I have played a lot of support ranked games.

You can climb MMR as a support. I have found, hilariously enough, that some people do not know how to play support. I have a friend who only plays mid or carry, and he plays his support like a mid or carry hybrid and then says shit like, "it's impossible to win ranked games as support"

No, you are just a terrible support lol

NBtoaster

The only difference between ranked and unranked is that people spam pick good heroes every game, so you need to make sure the support pick is good too. I don't consider lion a strong support because he tends to feed relentlessly if the enemy gains any momentum, and he very desperately needs levels. The best lane supports at the moment are probably silencer and skywrath because they can easily zone a solo offlane or harass a contested lane. Ogre and Omni are also strong but aren't so useful in lane, but they're good at playing from behind because they're hard kills.

I find support really hard. Too many things to think about, very easy to fuck it up early game and end up in "how do I at least cast my spells before I die" mode.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
The only difference between ranked and unranked is that people spam pick good heroes every game, so you need to make sure the support pick is good too. I don't consider lion a strong support because he tends to feed relentlessly if the enemy gains any momentum, and he very desperately needs levels. The best lane supports at the moment are probably silencer and skywrath because they can easily zone a solo offlane or harass a contested lane. Ogre and Omni are also strong but aren't so useful in lane, but they're good at playing from behind because they're hard kills.

guess my scrubbiness is showing. havent really played the game much since march and i dont play ranked. lion support games were easy wins for me.

Randdalf

Eul's is excellent on Spirit Breaker, gives him move speed, mana regeneration, and the ability to delay if he wants to use charge as an escape. I'd say go Treads, Eul's, Agh's. I've actually tended to go Crimson Guard before Eul's just because it was a new item and you can get it pretty quickly if you take advantage of SB's strong early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom