• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
when are these idiot players going to realize they shouldnt be betting at all

certainly not on or against their own team but on the scene at all

pete rose taught us all this

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Waga playing Techies on his stream in a 155 min game is upsetting me. Fucking hate that hero.
rofl

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/971228209
BpAwzkG.jpg

sixghost

The business model of "use the money from the next tournament to pay the prize money from the last one" sounds like it's destined to end in tears.

siddhu33

Tried to play a game...works fine for like 15 minutes, and then when the teamfights happen, it just starts crashing repeatedly. Then when I try to reset it works for a while, and then crashes some more...any ideas as to why it does this? Or do I have to redownload the client again#?

It's fine. I'm pretty sure PPD has no idea what is going on.

There isn't much that can be said about the situation in public but it is being sorted and this isn't really the tournament organisers fault.

I'm sure they'll pay eventually but I can understand why it's frustrating for a player to be asked to play in the finals of a tournament when the previous season from 6 months ago hasn't paid them yet

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How long before Volvo steps in and starts presiding over the entire pro scene? The entire ticket and private tournament setup seems like it's destined for ruination. If I were a pro Dota player I wouldn't want to put my sanity on the line for these smaller tournaments that pay peanuts compared to TI anyways.

Ultimatum

Banned
tournament organisers need to sidestep valve

let customers buy tickets from the organiser's website (you would get in game stuff in form of codes)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm taking an indefinite break from dota. thanks to everyone who showed me the ropes, i might be back in a few months time.

Anno

So I guess this means that BTS paid out from their own pockets hoping Valve will eventually come through? Or maybe something was easier since they are US based?

Also another episode of Gerg supposedly going live soon. Charlie is back on, could be an interesting show.

How long before Volvo steps in and starts presiding over the entire pro scene? The entire ticket and private tournament setup seems like it's destined for ruination. If I were a pro Dota player I wouldn't want to put my sanity on the line for these smaller tournaments that pay peanuts compared to TI anyways.

They shouldn't and won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom